Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triple Bypass Route
Quote | Reply
I know this ride is coming up next week. (I'm not doing it.) Curious if anyone has ridden it on another day, outside the official ride? Are the roads bike-safe enough to do it?

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19273898
Last edited by: ninagski: Jul 11, 18 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: Triple Bypass Route [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like part of it is made up of the Copper Triangle. I was planning on doing that on my own soon and that's known as ride-able on your own.

How would you do the triple bypass if it's a one way route?
Last edited by: damn lucky: Jul 12, 18 6:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! I’ve done the double and have ridden all of those roads in training. They are safe to ride but always keep an ear open just in case someone wants to push their luck. The route, we’ll, It’s brutal, so get ready to suffer. Two parts of it, just before Loveland pass and around Vail Pass, are on the bike path so you should keep your head up there for other riders and what not but it’s a great route. Have fun and enjoy the altitude!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done parts of that ride while on vacation. There's not much shoulder on Loveland Pass, and its an alternate route for trucks carrying hazardous materials which can't go through the Eisenhower Tunnel. That said, I found the traffic moderate and generally courteous.

From Keystone to the finish, it's mostly paved rec path.

If you have enough tire, lungs, and legs, there's a nice little ~4 mile (round trip), +500', gravel road diversion to Shrine Pass that you can take from the Vail Pass rest area.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jul 12, 18 7:54
Quote Reply