Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much difference between Fizik Mistaca vs ISM Saddle? Hamstring/Nerve isssue
Quote | Reply
I've used an ISM saddle for the last 3 years now and on/off would get tingling in my foot 3-4 times a year that would linger for a few days. It would always be worse in the Spring when I would go from riding upright vs aero. However, this Spring its much worse and I'm also experiencing some high hamstring tendonitis. I thought it might be from a bulging disc or something but PT said my back seems fine. I'm beginning to wonder if its from my ISM saddle riding in the aero position is pushing on my hamstrings/nerves. I use the same setup in winter but I ride upright and don't have these issues even though using same saddle/bike. It's almost like the left nose of the ISM saddle is pressing against me in a weird way right at the end of the sit bone Has anyone ever seen this? What type of saddle would you recommend?I'm considering trying the Fizik Mistca saddle but will it be much of a difference?
Quote Reply
Re: How much difference between Fizik Mistaca vs ISM Saddle? Hamstring/Nerve isssue [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple thoughts

1) You could try to squeeze the tips of saddle together with zip tie and see if that relieves anything

2) With upper hamstring tendinopathy, it's often paired with decreased neural mobility, hence when you ride upright you don't feel it...when you go aero you put some tension on the proximal hamstring and sciatic tissue... you feel it. Did you ever work some some neural glides/flossing?

CB
Physical Therapist/Endurance Coach
http://www.cadencept.net
Quote Reply
Re: How much difference between Fizik Mistaca vs ISM Saddle? Hamstring/Nerve isssue [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the fizik saddles are quite a bit different. ive tested them out back to back with ISMs. you essentially perch yourself all the way on the end of the saddle with your "boys" hanging over the squared off edge of the front of the saddle.

i may give the saddle another try and see if i can get used to it again as i like the idea of it, but the squared off end seemed to dig really bad. the rounded off end of the ISMs saddle seems to be more comfortable.

to me the fizik seemed like a saddle you would just deal with the discomfort over a short sprint or TT, nothing longer distance.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Last edited by: damon.lebeouf: Jul 11, 18 19:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which ISM are you using? How is it currently positioned and how did you arrive there?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Expensive solution, but I have been very happy with my adjustable Bonty Hilo RXL Speed Dial. Being able to tweak the width has been helpful for me in finding my happy place. Everybody has a different arse, it seems, and this is one of the few saddles that offers a way of coping with arse variation.

Before this I've been through;

Selle Italia SLR Tri
Fizik Arione Tri
ISM Adamo
Cobb V Flow Max
Spesh Sitero
ISM PN something or other
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let you know in a week or two as I just made this switch on my P2. I tried a cobb JOF for a week, didn't like it. LBS had a demo of cobb max. I put about 150 miles on that saddle and it didn't feel much different than the ISM Adamo Prologue. Just put on a Fizik Mistaca Large saddle today. Have a 40 mile ride in the morning, so hopefully all goes well.

Quote Reply