Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Whatcom Triathlon roll call
Quote | Reply
A limited audience, but I know there are at least a couple people here who will be participating. Was on the fence until this week, but everybody had extremely positive impressions of last year's race. Nostalgia factor is extremely high, too (I rowed for Western on Lake Whatcom for all four years of undergrad). Any B'ham/PNW ST'ers also doing the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Whatcom Triathlon roll call [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the what!?!?!?! The LWT is on ST!

I'll be racing for the second time. It's got the opportunity to be a great race. Awesome swim, solid bike and a run course that while not fast, is hard, on crushed gravel almost the whole way, stairs at the end, and the best grilled cheese and homemade cookies post race!

Should be fun out there!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll be down in Lake Washington, chasing Fat Salmon.

#Race local #PNW
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Whatcom Triathlon roll call [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
What the what!?!?!?! The LWT is on ST!

I'll be racing for the second time. It's got the opportunity to be a great race. Awesome swim, solid bike and a run course that while not fast, is hard, on crushed gravel almost the whole way, stairs at the end, and the best grilled cheese and homemade cookies post race!

Should be fun out there!

Brent
How's the road quality for the bike? It's been a hot minute (a solid five years) since I've been riding around Lake Whatcom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode a couple days ago for the first time this year and it's pretty good. It seems to be like a year away from redoing the chipseal, so it's fairly smooth haha.

Looking forward to getting out there - it's such a great event. See you Saturday!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Whatcom Triathlon roll call [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upping one last time. Man that was a great race... lake swim was serene, bike course was really tough relative to all of the WA races I've done, and that run destroyed me (while being beautiful). You probably saw me either dead to rights on the side of the road un-jamming a jammed chain one of two times I aggressively shifted my poorly maintained drive train, or seizing up on the run at the two mile point en route to a 59:55, 97th OA 10k. My body and my ego suffered, but I look forward to training and getting revenge on the course (and that set up of stairs) come next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a great race for sure! Conditions couldn't have been more perfect!

Good race for me - training has been down until Lake Padden three weeks ago when I got my butt kicked but I trained my butt off the last three weeks and ended up in an epic battle with CCF out there - exacted a little revenge pipping him at the line. He's kicked my butt twice this year though, and he's probably done until cross season, so I'll have to just enjoy it. Quickly becoming my favorite race in WA though - Marc and Glenn and the team do an amazing job!

Look forward to seeing you next year - we will have to have a meet up!

Brent

Quote Reply