Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triangle Sprint (North Carolina) Roll Call
Quote | Reply
ok, the RDU world championships are coming up this Saturday... who's going?

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Triangle Sprint (North Carolina) Roll Call [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not me sadly. Someone else can take over my string of 4th place overall.
Think I've got 4 or 5 of those to my name.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing it as part of a relay. A couple of guys I used to work with needed a swimmer. Sadly, they got me.
Quote Reply
Re: Triangle Sprint (North Carolina) Roll Call [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like it's a time trial start this year??? No more racing our over-40 buddies anymore...

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's so stupid. I mean there's maybe 300 people in the entire race and 53 in the largest wave.

For the women it's Jeanna & Hannah 1 & 2.
For the men if Biggs is around the lead of the race at the start of the bike he could be tough to get rid of. You'll outrun him but that dude can ride. Other than you, Jason and Cid I don't recognize any of the men racing open.

And Setupevents calling the open field advanced? wtf? Or maybe it's bc usually there are 2-3 40 something dudes always in the hunt for top 3 overall and they decided calling it geriatric wave was confusing?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Setup Events generally makes odd decisions. Calling the field "advanced" is just another one of many.

And wow, looking at that "advanced" participant list: racing sure has changed in NC in the past 4-5 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Triangle Sprint (North Carolina) Roll Call [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, it's not the same since you and Brian left. Most of the time winners of these races are in their mid to late 40s. Not many fast young people racing anymore.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2008-2010/11 were the heyday. MAP Sprint (now Huntersville I think) and Latta used to get like 8-10 pro/semipro/profamateur fast guys. Even when I was racing a lot in 11-14 it was getting to be just maybe 3 or 4 fast guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's so stupid. I mean there's maybe 300 people in the entire race and 53 in the largest wave.

------

Precisely why I think they went with this type of start. Fields are shrinking so shaking it up a bit. I believe they are testing this out to see how it goes and to determine if friends "starting together" becomes an viable option.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in the mid 90's Latta used to be 2k/45k/12k and attract 2-4 national level pro's that were racing on the Bud Light tri series + every regional pro from DC to ATL. It also paid 10 deep. I went sub 2:13 and didn't crack the top 11

Odd thing is back in the early to mid 90's NC/SC/VA used to have a extremely competitive racing scene. If you went 2:05 for an oly you weren't hitting the top 5 overall. There were a few races where 2:01:00 put you 4th or 5th consistently.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Back in the mid 90's Latta used to be 2k/45k/12k and attract 2-4 national level pro's that were racing on the Bud Light tri series + every regional pro from DC to ATL. It also paid 10 deep. I went sub 2:13 and didn't crack the top 11

Odd thing is back in the early to mid 90's NC/SC/VA used to have a extremely competitive racing scene. If you went 2:05 for an oly you weren't hitting the top 5 overall. There were a few races where 2:01:00 put you 4th or 5th consistently.

Yea, I should have said the "heyday of my era," easy to forget about you old farts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triangle Sprint back when it was a Crabtree Lake? The mud pit
Quote Reply
Re: Triangle Sprint (North Carolina) Roll Call [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paid 6 deep then as well.
Good times there

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote]Yea, I should have said the "heyday of my era," easy to forget about you old farts.[/quote]

You kids...no appreciation for your elders.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was a great race there back in the day..back when White Lake was two weekends in a row and they both sold out..now they can’t even fill the solo weekend
Quote Reply