Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pedal-based Power Meter Deal
Quote | Reply
i'm going to give you guys another shot at this, because i don't think you're getting the memo! if - and only if - you sign up for our SLOWTWITCH CIRC DRIVE (look to the right hand side of the page) do you get emails that offer you really screaming deals. so, those who wanted sew-up tires at 60 percent off. or who wanted a leading $1,200 direct drive smart trainer for less than the leading $800 trainer, or wetsuits for 75 percent off, or continental bike tubes for two-thirds off, water bottles for half off, and so forth, you had to sign up for the circ drive (which, when you do, by the way, makes you eligible also for a lot of free raffle stuff too).

we're about ready to end one circ drive and begin another. just, as a coda to the last few days of THIS circ drive, where we'll pick raffle winners, etc., we have a special for those who want pedal-based power meters. if you want that special, sign up for the circ drive.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received an e-mail about wet suits, but that's it. I did sign up for the circa drive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep seeing messages like this basically saying people are missing the boat. I signed up I think about two weeks ago and the only email I've ever received is the June 25, 2018 Slowtwitch Weekly Newsletter. And yes, I did check my junk folder and added slowtwitch as an approved sender.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
I received an e-mail about wet suits, but that's it. I did sign up for the circa drive.

you should have received an email about:

wetsuits
water bottles
bicycle tubes
tubular tires

there is another email coming, centered around about a power meter opportunity. i started a thread about tubular tires, and about 60 people responded (folks who're still riding tubies). then i sent out the email, during which i offered $130 conti competitions for $60. so, during circ drive time, when i start a thread, pretty good bet it's not just to discuss it!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve signed up and have only received the newsletter emails
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [CEJFNP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CEJFNP wrote:

Same here. Never got any of these promo emails.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SMJ wrote:
CEJFNP wrote:

Same here. Never got any of these promo emails.

i checked, and all you guys who say you're not getting emails are on the list. and, when i send out these emails i'm immediately barraged with replies. so, i don't know what to tell you. except this: that i'll post HERE when i send out an email, specifically to YOU, so that you get an email notification if you do NOT receive that email. and then we'll troubleshoot what's happening.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI to those of you who aren't getting the emails. Mine are going to my spam folder. I get the newsletter emails but these for some reason went to spam. Got to love Yahoo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. I've been signed up for years and I get the weekly newsletters, but I have never gotten any emails about deals or prizes. Just did a search in my email and the only emails from Slowman or Slowtwitch are the newsletters.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [teebles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wetsuit email went to my spam folder too and I really wanted one but I think I was too late replying. :( Since then I have verified Dan as a trusted source. Should that be pink?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check your mail logs. I've only gotten the email that went out on July 2. I get the newsletter regularly though. Not in spam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also signed up (seems I sign up every year) and have also only received email regarding wetsuits. Nothing else.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [nilloc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nilloc wrote:
Same here. I've been signed up for years and I get the weekly newsletters, but I have never gotten any emails about deals or prizes. Just did a search in my email and the only emails from Slowman or Slowtwitch are the newsletters.

just, to be clear, i love you all bigly. and it's not a conspirsy agin ya. in all other cases, it's not you, darling, it's me. in this case, it's not me, sweetcakes, it's you. i press send, out it goes. at that point i've set the email free. if it comes back to me, it was always mine. if it doesn't, it never was.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assumed that to be the case, but I'm not sure why they never come through. What email address do they come from? I'll try specifically whitelisting it and see if that makes a difference.

Slowman wrote:
nilloc wrote:

just, to be clear, i love you all bigly. and it's not a conspirsy agin ya. in all other cases, it's not you, darling, it's me. in this case, it's not me, sweetcakes, it's you. i press send, out it goes. at that point i've set the email free. if it comes back to me, it was always mine. if it doesn't, it never was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sooo email issues aside, is this the thread for the pedal based power meter deal? Haha. I'm a young newly married not-a-big-spending triathlete, but I'm very interested in pedal based power! Thanks Dan for working to offer discounts on cool stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [nilloc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the emails will come from slowman@slowtwitch.com, same as newsletters.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

i checked, and all you guys who say you're not getting emails are on the list. and, when i send out these emails i'm immediately barraged with replies. so, i don't know what to tell you. except this: that i'll post HERE when i send out an email, specifically to YOU, so that you get an email notification if you do NOT receive that email. and then we'll troubleshoot what's happening.

Thanks, Dan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
nilloc wrote:

I have the same issue. I get the newsletters, but that's all. Other circ-drive emails aren't even getting to my spam folder. Is something about the format that's causing yahoo to squelch them before they even get to that decision point? You can say the problem's on our end, and technically it is, but if there's something about the way the emails are structured that's keeping them from even getting to many people's spambox, that's not good for you, either.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jul 9, 18 12:37
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I am getting them either. Love me bigly or not your e-mail seems not to.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the same thing as the Slowtwitch newsletter on the bottom? On my phone, there is nothing on the right side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm going to give you guys another shot at this, because i don't think you're getting the memo! if - and only if - you sign up for our SLOWTWITCH CIRC DRIVE (look to the right hand side of the page) do you get emails that offer you really screaming deals. so, those who wanted sew-up tires at 60 percent off. or who wanted a leading $1,200 direct drive smart trainer for less than the leading $800 trainer, or wetsuits for 75 percent off, or continental bike tubes for two-thirds off, water bottles for half off, and so forth, you had to sign up for the circ drive (which, when you do, by the way, makes you eligible also for a lot of free raffle stuff too).

we're about ready to end one circ drive and begin another. just, as a coda to the last few days of THIS circ drive, where we'll pick raffle winners, etc., we have a special for those who want pedal-based power meters. if you want that special, sign up for the circ drive.

I just received an email. It talks about the power meter deal but I don’t see a link

I’m on my phone is that why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

The problem I had was that when I attempted to sign up during the circ drive I was told I was already registered. I assumed that meant I was GTG and would get the deal emails, however I like others who have replied on this tread I was not received anything other than the standard weekly updates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can add me to the list not receiving circ drive emails I get the weekly newsletters, and searched all of my spam/junk email folders and haven't received anything.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [CEJFNP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CEJFNP wrote:

^^^^^^ This
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal-based Power Meter Deal [SteveCoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveCoz wrote:
CEJFNP wrote:

^^^^^^ This

***** and this. Sorry Dan, but other than the newsletter, I've had a ton of trouble getting signed up for things on your site. I've tried multiple browsers in the past.
Quote Reply

Prev Next