Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I now understand the function of the "nose cone" for lack of a better term. I'm really interested to see how this fork handles in the wind.

For what it's worth, I think the location of the flat kit is actually very smart. If you think about it, if you're changing a flat your bike is upside down (at least that's how I do it) so if anything it makes access to your flat kit less cumbersome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still would love to see that gap between the fork mount and head tube filled in. Not sure why that can't be filled more. Also, I'd love to see the CFD with a little shield running ahead of the rear tire. Exposed spinning things create quite a bit of drag. Also, I want to see that CFD with a rider on board. What they show is somewhat compelling, but I want to see what happens to that air with a human aboard.
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, obviously. I just meant, don't put your gel there. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
I still would love to see that gap between the fork mount and head tube filled in. Not sure why that can't be filled more. Also, I'd love to see the CFD with a little shield running ahead of the rear tire. Exposed spinning things create quite a bit of drag. Also, I want to see that CFD with a rider on board. What they show is somewhat compelling, but I want to see what happens to that air with a human aboard.

It's already quite "crazy" so why not go with a Z-frame, right? Personally that's what I would have done. As an aside, I wonder how the fork will affect toe overlap đŸ¤”
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wearing a size 50 shoe, I am so used to toe overlap that I don't even think about it anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
woof

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How will this frame fit in a bike box for travelling?
Fun design though!
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the half shielded, half not front tire, it will be really interesting to see what wheel/tire combo is fastest for this design.

And since every thread these days needs a good disc/no disc discussion thrown in. Given the likely turbulence in the area already, the difference between having the caliper and disc there versus not may be nearly non-existent. But it seems pretty intuitive that a rim brake tucked into that leading edge would be pretty much invisible to the wind.

Wondered if they modeled both or if, like the P5x, the disc brake was an input rather than an output.
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thing is heinous!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the CFD images a little suspect. I'm trying really hard to envision factors that would make the lower, leading quadrant of the front wheel different in the two images.
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [WatsonNh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shielding of the wheel higher very well could change that area. A spinning wheel creates a lot of turbulence.

In racecars where I have a lot more aero experience, significant work goes into keeping the air away from that spinning leading edge of a wheel
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
That thing is heinous!!!!!!!!

X2

I thought it was just me who think a it's damn ugly !
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
How will this frame fit in a bike box for travelling?
Fun design though!
Sam

I will find out :-)

h
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the Shadow. Might have more success :

Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [tripot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, also less expensive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
The shielding of the wheel higher very well could change that area. A spinning wheel creates a lot of turbulence.

In racecars where I have a lot more aero experience, significant work goes into keeping the air away from that spinning leading edge of a wheel

Thanks for the reply.
This is exactly what I was wondering about, could the wheel shielding up top make that kind of difference? Also of note is the difference between the rear wheels (bottom half) and the seatpost, things I'd expect to be similar.
Does this frame have an internal bladder, I didn't see it mentioned? They still added a very Aeriaesque hydration system to the standard frame and no hydration anything to theirs.
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [WatsonNh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the aeria on the standard frame. Seems like it'd have been nice for them to integrate it onto this bike too.
Quote Reply
Re: First pics of the new Ceepo Shadow-R [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like it weighs 25 lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tripot wrote:
Here is the Shadow. Might have more success :

p5x with a different paint job?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The price is around 4200-5300 USD for the frameset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a functional standpoint I get the use of cable actuated hydraulic callipers. However from an aesthetic standpoint the need for the fluid reservoirs on the brakes is a disaster.

If this is a show bike why not just put some slick mechanical disks on there? When it comes to the final build then you can sneak on the ugly callipers but get the bike looking its best for the promotional shots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it come with a free flux capacitor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of the Jurassic Park quote: "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think whether they should."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
I still would love to see that gap between the fork mount and head tube filled in. Not sure why that can't be filled more.

I've got to imagine they modeled it being more filled in. Maybe it was more effective this way given the small deflections that occur constantly while riding? Might even be the same reason they added the channels to the trailing arm of the central beam.
Quote Reply

Prev Next