Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [GoatHerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoatHerd wrote:

Just read the article and it's all speculative BS. There's plenty of bile and zero science. There's nothing there that's argued in anything approaching a scientific angle.

+1

On the positive side, though, at least he didn't make fun of Froome's height, or throw out false claims that some things are "immutable".
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jul 7, 18 4:16
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [Cjwurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What we really want to know Cambo.....how’s the bee sting mate 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha You See That did you, man that hurt but with sebi up my ass I hardly anytime to worry to much about it, ill never complain about a bee sting again 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe I was asked about training with team sky, not about Chris. But I have nothing but respect for Chris and if you actually read what the others have said its the process everyone including Chris has been frustrated and dissapointed in. It's not up to nibali, nairo, Chris, me or anyone else to write the rules or enforce them, it's our job the race. The UCI and wada are the ones in charge of the policies
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cjwurf wrote:
Haha You See That did you, man that hurt but with sebi up my ass I hardly anytime to worry to much about it, ill never complain about a bee sting again 😂

Yeh here at just after 6mins in

Shrug of the shoulders, shake it off haha had a laugh thought ‘you poor bastard’ 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somewhat related. Last year, after winning the Tour and the Vuelta, Froome finished 7th (out of 12 contenders) in the "BBC Sports Personality of the Year". I remember reading comments to the effect, "Froome has a personality?"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/sports-personality/42388258

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kudos for your transparency, and thanks for participating in this forum.

Best of luck with the remainder of your season.

Cheers,

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [GoatHerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoatHerd wrote:
I'm not going to parafrase David Walsh (who was one of the first to doubt LA). I think he's convincing when he tells us why he believes in Froome:
https://www.rte.ie/...ris-froome-is-clean/

Are you freaking kidding me? Walsh is not some guy who stumbled into reporting on the Tour de France and began to doubt Armstrong. He has been in the know about cycling since the 80s. When Sean Kelly tested positive it was Walsh who defended Kelly by making the excuses to the Irish public. He later wrote Kelly's autoabiography. He wrote Stephen Roche's autobio as well but left out the part about Roche being a client of Dr. Conconi and early EPO user. And Paula Radcliffle with her funky blood values, he wrote her autobio as well. David Walsh never met a doper he would not defend as long as he was on their payroll.

Walsh protected Wiggins right up to the point where it was damaging his own phony, self-crafted reputation as a anti doper. At which time he played stupid by pretending Sky had fooled him even though from day one his friend, Paul Kimmage, told him what was obvious. Walsh has acted as the Minister of Propaganda for Team Sky. He is the one responsible for publicizing Sky's ridiculous explanations for their performance and attacking the unbelievers, even going so far as to compare them to those who chose Barabbas instead of Jesus. If you believe in Froome because of Walsh then you are a fool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, thank you for actually responding. It doesn’t change my views of sky and the questions that surround them and those associated with them, but i donappreciate the response.

I still can’t understand how you can do a 6+ hard ride the week between two ironmans, and a day of team time trial efforts with the best cyclists in the world. That’s super human to me.

In your blog post you mentioned being concerned with Anthony Costes and his Kona position. Would you have honestly let him take 3rd place if he needed the points to get to Kona? I mean, come on...

Sorry to turn this into an AMA Cam Wurf but I’m curious.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's off topic. But I really like your training approach and how you show it on strava and write about it in your blog. It's different from what some other pros are doing but I find it refreshing. And I love the badass hard core training approach from like the old days.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I offered gilliuam 3rd place as he needed the kona points to qualify, I don't need any points and I don't care who's racing, I want all the best athletes possible on the start line in kona as it makes it more satisfying if you have a great result. Romain told me he only needed 4th so I didn't feel bad about taking 3rd from him.

As far as the 15 minute team time trial guys goes it was merely a warm up for them and good solid hitout for me, we where hardly breaking records. And a 6hr general ride is just that, generally riding, we play music, chat, ride new roads, just enjoy a day riding the bike without worrying about power meters and intervals. At the end of the day we are all bike riders and enjoy riding our bikes so from time to time it's nice that Kerro gives us a day like that, i was just lucky such a day fell when I was there.

Dude I dont expect my explanations to change your opinion on sky. Your obviously more interested in listening to gossip and bitter trolls than someone who has actually been around the team, that's entirely choice. Facts are the facts, they lead the way in the sport and every single team trys to replicate what they do. That is all the proof you need that they obviously do things better than the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are no shortcuts to anything dude you've got to put in the hours it doesn't matter who you are! The best make it look easy buy they certainly work harder than anyone else, it doesn't just come for anyone, especially in iron-man, no way to bluff your way through 8hrs, especially in Hawaii
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to ask how much percent of your bike rides are general riding days vs. riding with some "meat" to it (like intervals or threshold or tempo etc.

And how often do you ride your TT bike vs. roadbike.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me personally as a triathlete I only do 1-2 days a week with any specific's. We count hard swims and runs as intervals so Im certainly not fit enough to be going full gas in all 3 it even in 2 of them on any given day, usually 1 lot off intervals per day. Obviously for Chris and the guys it's different as they have to race back to back to back to back and lots more back to back days in grand tours but we only race for 1 day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cjwurf wrote:
So simply put the only secrets to success behind Team Sky is bloody hard work and the best organisation in the business.

Do you worry making statements like that and the possibility if it comes out that they are in fact a doping factory?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think Froome should have been punished for the salbutamol result? If so, what would be a fair punishment? And should there be consequences for others within Sky?

Asking because I’ve seen your opinions on related topics and found you to be well informed.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [FlashBazbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlashBazbo wrote:
His riding has no flair.

Uh... no. Absolutely not. For a super well protected GT rider, he has loads of flair. Did you hear about the Giro this year?

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zojjIghKQoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_-p6hF_h6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfKHpurzR8

My biggest beef with Froome is that his riding form while climbing looks like shit. He's just painful to watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Do you think Froome should have been punished for the salbutamol result?

He definitely *was* punished. And will continue to be.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Do you think Froome should have been punished for the salbutamol result?

He definitely *was* punished. And will continue to be.

nope he should not be holding current vuelta and giro titles...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cjwurf wrote:
They are no shortcuts to anything dude you've got to put in the hours it doesn't matter who you are! The best make it look easy buy they certainly work harder than anyone else, it doesn't just come for anyone, especially in iron-man, no way to bluff your way through 8hrs, especially in Hawaii

Cam can I ask you if there was any meaningful delta between say your 20 min power on the bike and on the rowing erg or say your 2000m erg power and your 6 min bike power.

Agreed about doing the hours regardless of sport and who you are. No shortcuts.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No because I only have the experience that I've had to form an opinion, I've been around many different teams and many different riders over my time in cycling, some whom have served bans, I've never ever seen an organisation as well organized and works as hard as sky right the way through the entire team
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's really interesting, my PB on the rowing machine was 6:09 @ 70kg, not sure that in wattage? Perhaps you could let me know? My 20min power on the bike is 450+- depending on form, guessing the power on the rower is lower than that as it's much easier to produce power on a bike than a rowing machine but great question. Heart rate as a guage is probably more relevant, I'd AVE 190's and top out at 205 on the rower, probably similar for a 20min all out effort on the tt bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cjwurf wrote:
I believe I was asked about training with team sky, not about Chris. But I have nothing but respect for Chris and if you actually read what the others have said its the process everyone including Chris has been frustrated and dissapointed in. It's not up to nibali, nairo, Chris, me or anyone else to write the rules or enforce them, it's our job the race. The UCI and wada are the ones in charge of the policies

So great to have a guy of Cam Wurth's calibre commenting here! Thanks & good luck at Kona! We had a Kona party to watch the race in 2017 and you set it on fire!!!

So the latest bombshell in Froome's case has come through the Sunday Times:
Apparently WADA commissioned a study 18 months ago to better understand and evaluate their Salbutamol test. A Danish lab used 20 subjects, had them taking 8 puffs a day over 5 days. 7 of them went over the 1200ng/ml threshold and 1 went over 3000ng/ml.

So they KNEW that the test was broken, but were happy to have this circus play out. Happy to watch people with incomplete info drag Froome's reputation in the dirt. I think they initially withheld the details because they're an indictment of WADA's role in this affair, and all the other unfair punishments meted out (Ulissi + Pettacci).

Just to be clear, there were people cheering at the finish line in the Stage 1 of the Tour, when Froome got knocked over. I think that is so, so wrong. And shameful.

Here's the article for those who want to read it:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/chris-froome-facing-his-biggest-test-in-this-years-tour-de-france-ss0v2ntxs
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Froome not more liked? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Looks like Caillou.
Stares at his power meter.
British. (yeah, born in Kenya, but whatevs)

Thanks for making me almost spit my breakfast on the screen. I don't even follow the TDF much but the Caillou comment came out of nowhere. Laughing out Loud....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cjwurf wrote:
That's really interesting, my PB on the rowing machine was 6:09 @ 70kg, not sure that in wattage? Perhaps you could let me know? My 20min power on the bike is 450+- depending on form, guessing the power on the rower is lower than that as it's much easier to produce power on a bike than a rowing machine but great question. Heart rate as a guage is probably more relevant, I'd AVE 190's and top out at 205 on the rower, probably similar for a 20min all out effort on the tt bike

Cam your 6:09 translates to 450W. I would assume on the bike (let's say if you hammer up the first part of the Col d'Eze outside Nice), you would easily hold over 500W for 6 minutes based on some of the numbers you say you can hold for 2 hours, but I could be wrong. I would be really interested in seeing what you could do in a 4000m pursuit on the track too!

What I find interestinig about this discussion is how 4-5 minute power correlates so well to 4+ hour performance. Well, I guess it is no surprise that someone like Wiggins can be a 4000m pursuit gold medalist and win 4+ hour TdF stages, or in your case, go from doubles or singles skulling to Kona bike course record holder. Thanks for the visibility. Do you use the erg at all for cross training any more?
Quote Reply

Prev Next