Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Large SC7 from 2014. Broke front brake cover but replacement cover is too long (W306640) - see photos.

Should I try a medium (W306643)? Or large brake cover form 2013 model (W328660)?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [nbrowne1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I responded to your post in my thread, but that's the wrong cover for a gen 2. That's a gen 1 cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Gen 1 and gen2 covers get the same product number?! Or do you think the part I got was labelled wrong?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea about the part numbers and what is what. But your trek dealer should be able to sort it out for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate your help, I've been able to email examples of the correct product to my bike shop to sort out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found root cause of my issue. The manual I was referencing part numbers from was "TREK SERVICE INFORMATION 17 July 2013" where it references Gen 1 front brake part covers.

Gen 2 front brake part covers are included in another manual I referenced to bike shop and what I've now downloaded... "TREK SERVICE INFORMATION August 2016".

FYI both documents were labelled and titled "2014 Speed Concept: Service Information".... *sigh*

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so my speed concept's frame split in half after several years and I am getting a warranty. They said about 15 days for a p1. Anyone know if they are quicker than their suggested time frame? my race is at the end of the month. The dealer said Trek was putting mine as priority because it was warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever date they provide is their ship date. My P1 build arrived at the lbs within a day or two, than had to be assembled. Don't know if yours being a prioritized build will change that, just sharing my timelines.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine came quicker than they stated, but you really should plan on the date they say. Sucks but there really isn't anything you can do about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has come up already (I didn't go through all 9000 posts). But what is everyone using for a travel bag/box?

With the SC's mono-yoke, "front end setup" not being the easiest to breakdown (maybe it is and I'm doing something wrong). I am interested to hear if people are tending to use the Scicon or are using something else?

Searching for a good a travel option, let me know everything! haha

(Have a 2015 9.9P1 DI2)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [preyes44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about to pack my 2017 SC up in a Trico Ironcase early next week. I'll let you know how it goes. I was told that the limiter is going to be the front brake cable when folding the front end over. I do know that I'll be heading out to get some good pipe insulation. If anyone else has any advice for packing up a mechanical set up in a Trico, I'll happliy take it!

preyes44, I'll let you know how easy/difficult a time I have, maybe even snap some pics.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [preyes44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
preyes44 wrote:
Sorry if this has come up already (I didn't go through all 9000 posts). But what is everyone using for a travel bag/box?

With the SC's mono-yoke, "front end setup" not being the easiest to breakdown (maybe it is and I'm doing something wrong). I am interested to hear if people are tending to use the Scicon or are using something else?

Searching for a good a travel option, let me know everything! haha

(Have a 2015 9.9P1 DI2)

The Premier Bike case will be your best friend especially if you have the plug-in extension.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New generation Trek speed concept.

Doing Ohio 70.3 in a few weeks and that course is taylor made for a disc so I reckon I’m gonna try to rent one.

The only place I can find will rent a Zipp Super 9. Trek guy says at the local shop that it might be trouble, but online searching gives me a different answer.

I’m not an expert mechanic. Will it fit?

Thanks!

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should be ok. The only issues I’ve had with discs are with the Duotrap, in particular the rubber gasket. You might need to trim the inside edge, so have scissors and the hex keys for the Duotrap handy.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 9.9 and a Zipp Super 9 disc. When I am in the big gear in back, the rear derailleur rubs slightly against the disc. It makes a whistling sound. It’s not enough to leave much of a scratch on the disc. I think I have a misaligned or bent derailleur hanger. Has anyone had this problem? Lightly trying to push the hanger away from the wheel doesn’t prevent this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

The below poster mentioned the derailleur rubbing but based on the elevation, I shouldn’t go anywhere near the biggest cog.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I haven’t seen that for a while! That tends to be with carbon inner mech cages because they’re thicker.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a fit chart available for the S/C? I'm ordering the wife one and want to dial in the stem and riser combination.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tonyg420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tonyg420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my speed concept. Just finished 10mile race few days ago, was about 2.5 minutes faster on speed concept than on my road bike on the same course, with same wattage.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having a bit of trouble getting out one of the bolts that attaches the rear brake holder to the frame. Does anyone know if the 2 threaded inserts in the frame one piece or should I be worried about the insert coming away from the frame when trying to get the bolt out? This is on a gen 2 bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a while the 2014+ SC were shipping with little rubber bump stops that you could put at the brake lever under the bar tape to add a little support for people who don't like the straight base bar. The P1 my friend just received did not have them in the parts box.

Anyone know if Trek still makes them or where I could find a set?

The other alternative is to try the Felt Tri-Tip base bar grips. has anyone tried this on a SC with Di2 brake levers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello can anyone help me with my issue. I have a 2018 concept and the Aero bar is level. I need to tilt them up to find my comfort zone. Maybe up 20-30 degrees. Not sure but is there a way to do this? I have a kit of things but it is mostly just spaces for the stack. Not sure if I have to purchase something. I know Tim O'Donnell has a similar position to what I am trying to achieve. Thank you.

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loosen the 2 bolts that tighten the mono extension to the mono spacer. This will allow you to rock or till the mono extension to a certain degree. Need to be careful when tightening the bolts. When tilted up, as you tighten the front one, more pressure will be put on the back bolt. Too much and you might snap the bolt.
Quote Reply

Prev Next