Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
**2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts
Quote | Reply
Probably don’t need another TdF post but ongoign Classics and Giro posts were on point, so deal wid it!

Yeah, the Tour is typically a snoozer but I think this year will be a good one. Hard, classics-style week 1 stages with plenty of peril, cobbles, short on TT kilometers and arguably strongest GC field in years.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 6, 18 7:16
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for starting this - looking forward to the surprises; does an extra week prove beneficial to those that rode the Giro, or not, and to those that tried it before but not this year (Quintana). How does Moviestar make it work, Sky train, which French rider shines ? So many others to mention (Roglic, Soler etc)
oh boy here it comes plus World cup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It'll be interesting to see how the Tour plays out this year with many new factors. It could be conservative boring tour; or be wide open, changing of the guard with new sprinters claiming wins and many first-timers donning Yellow. If it's wide open it'll be due to some of the changes such as:

The reduction of 1 rider per team bringing the total peloton down from 198 to 176. Will this equal less crashes? Probably not. But if a team has a few injuries, it will definitely change that teams dynamics and race strategy.

15 cobble sections traversing 13 miles on Stage 9 will also be interesting. Especially if it ends up raining!

The NASCAR-esque grid start on stage 17 of a short (39-miles) but hilly race will make for some interesting drama if the Yellow Jersey is at Pole Position with there team in the back.

Love to see Taylor Phinney in Yellow again in the early stages! And maybe Tejay gets his first win in the Pyrnees?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot wait for stage 17.....
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still bummed about Velogames, we had so many teams registered for the Slowtwitch league.

Here are my predictions:
Who I want to win: Uran or Tom D
Tom D has impressed me in the last 2 Giro's, I hope he has recovered fully & can give it a go.

I think the cobbles will add excitement and we may not see a Froome victory lap like the past.

Its funny Geraint Thomas thinks the leader will be decided. Froome will always be the leader, he needs to change teams.

Top 3:
Froome
Tom D
Bardet

Porte will have a great first 2 weeks with a strong team, but he will fall in Week 3.

Dark House:
Dan Martin
Fulsang
Watch out for Bernal from Sky- he is the future

I think we are going to have a lot of great stages with riders like Roglic, Alaphilippe, Benoot, Kwiatkowski, Stuyven, Jungels

Green Jersey: Sagan. Cobrelli may give him a challenge
White Jersey: Not sure of the age of riders so I am putting Bernal
Polka Dot- Barguil/Martin
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TTT on stage 3 will be the first test. Gc riders can lose a lot of time with not so good TTT effort.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With teams starting only 8 riders this year, the TTT could look a little different

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will be interesting to see how/if 8 riders opens racing up. With this route GC teams have to have a couple classics guys to get through first 1/3 of race. Subtract 1 more domestique and the mountain stages could get interesting.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see GT finish higher than Froome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C. Spack!
We will populate this thread.
"I will say that people dressing up as giant inhalers is a lot better than people dressing up as giant syringes. It seems a step forward."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The sprinter field is super deep. Can’t wait to see the fight to the finishes.
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
French in yellow. Calmejean in an upset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just flipped the TV on and looks like they've had a nasty crash already. Didn't hear who the rider was but someone riding back to the peleton with the aid of a teammate while bleeding from up around the cheekbone and his kit all torn.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what channel are you watching on?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got 10/1 on Cav winning this 1st stage, I'm fuming this is going to clash with England v Sweeden!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NBCSN

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Just flipped the TV on and looks like they've had a nasty crash already. Didn't hear who the rider was but someone riding back to the peleton with the aid of a teammate while bleeding from up around the cheekbone and his kit all torn.

yeh lawson craddock from ef drapac. Riding, favouring his left shoulder, looks like a collarbone or scapula fracture. Still sitting in at the moment, not sure if he turns up tomorrow.

Gaveria looks strong if he gets a run to the line
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gold app or regular app?

Brian in MA wrote:
NBCSN

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just the regular channel on my TV

Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Those French are creative.

What a *boring sprint stage* — GC carnage. Interestingly, looked like the weaker TTT squads all got the minute back that they’ll lose Monday.

There’s going to be ST pandemonium in another thread considering 1-2 were on disc bikes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happened to Cav?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gold app works really well and is only like $40 for a year. Well worth it, because it also replays stages in case you miss in am. Mathew Keenan and Robbie McEwen also do the announcing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank goodness, I really dislike the Phil’s

Quote Reply
Re: **2018 TdF** Spoiler Alerts [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
French in yellow. Calmejean in an upset.

And I was thinking that Roglic was a ballsy pick! This is waaaay out there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see Degenkolb in the top 10, that makes him my favorite for Stage 9.
Quote Reply

Prev Next