Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have fun and post pics.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a warranty replacement 2017 shiv tt frame from my 2011 nosecone shiv tt. I kept the fork and front end and nose cone so now it is a 2017 s works shiv tt (nosecone edition) I just finished putting etaps on also.
I was able to put the junction box in the nosecone. It turned out really nice. I was able to run everything internally.

I had to open up the cable holes in the back of the aerobars for the eclics cable to exit out. I also drilled out a hole in the bullhorns so I was able to run all my cables internally. It was easy to get the blip box in the nosecone but the clics wires are only 500 mm and there was literally no more extra wire than what I used to get it in the nosecone.

If you have any questions about your nosecone shiv or if your gonna run etaps let me know I can help you out how to run it. I can send you some pics also. I have had one since 2012. its pretty easy to wrench if you know what your doing if not it can be a little frustrating. I've been through that.

David

H & A Racing
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dbro1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dbro1 wrote:
I just got a warranty replacement 2017 shiv tt frame from my 2011 nosecone shiv tt. I kept the fork and front end and nose cone so now it is a 2017 s works shiv tt (nosecone edition) I just finished putting etaps on also.
I was able to put the junction box in the nosecone. It turned out really nice. I was able to run everything internally.

I had to open up the cable holes in the back of the aerobars for the eclics cable to exit out. I also drilled out a hole in the bullhorns so I was able to run all my cables internally. It was easy to get the blip box in the nosecone but the clics wires are only 500 mm and there was literally no more extra wire than what I used to get it in the nosecone.

If you have any questions about your nosecone shiv or if your gonna run etaps let me know I can help you out how to run it. I can send you some pics also. I have had one since 2012. its pretty easy to wrench if you know what your doing if not it can be a little frustrating. I've been through that.

Do you have any pics? I want to do this to my Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea. I'll take some and post it.

David

H & A Racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not so fond of my storage set up currently. So was wondering, has anyone successfully taken a Felt or Bontrager or other draftbox, and mounted on a Shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what the bolt diameter is for the top tube cover piece?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Storage wise I've now settled to carrying my two CO2 canisters attached to the Profile Design RML using PD's CO2 Mounting Brackets. That leaves the Fuelcell as a tube, micro-multitool (as if I would ever need it...) and gel storage. The look is really clean but you need to be happy with riding a two-bottle system.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jjstains] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jjstains wrote:
Anyone know what the bolt diameter is for the top tube cover piece?

Metric screws and bolts are a lot more simple than SAE. It's probably a 4mm, but also get a 3mm just to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's not a 5mm.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Nov 10, 17 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deleted
Last edited by: 5MIL: Mar 13, 18 22:17
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, shopping around for a new bike (for the past year...), seriously considering a felt, but checking out Specialized too.

I'm a little lost on which size would be best. The only chart I found for stack/reach pretty much makes it look like I could ride either a small or medium.
Anyone here with similar numbers to me, that could say what size you ride (and post a pic?)??
Saddle height - 72.8cm
pad stack - 63.5cm
stack reach - 46.5cm

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mounted a Torhans Bento X, I got a few of the covers for the bladder opening and decided to play around with some projects.

I put the Bento X on the top tube to sit flat, marked out where the holes were. I then drilled the cover and tapped it. I did this to come up with a storage solution as well as a place to mount my blip box and it worked well. I will post pictures when the project is done. Or I can send you some if interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ajdufour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
I will post pictures when the project is done. Or I can send you some if interested.
Pictures always help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Hueychief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hueychief wrote:
Quote:
I will post pictures when the project is done. Or I can send you some if interested.
Pictures always help.

Hence my saying I would post some when it is done. Kind of hard to post pictures of something when it isn't done yet..........
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ajdufour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

2104 s-works shiv
New to me and in great condition

Mechanical Dura-ace system
Sworks aero And base bars
172.5mm sworks crank
Ceramic speed B.B. bearings

Wheels are from my giant slr carbon from my giant tcr road bike

3 rides so far and love it, getting ready for my first half Ironman in August

More upgrades to come when the bank balance recovers

And the seat bolts are totally fine, have been checked and double checked
Last edited by: Jc95kg: Mar 13, 18 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Gjadams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, I am looking for this parts.

Specialized stem cap MY13 s130800003

I am in Singapore.

Anyone can help me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, quick question regarding the warranty process.
Did you have to pay to have you frame rebuilt/parts swapped over to the replacement bike?
I am getting my frame replaced and getting charge what feels like an arm and a leg to have a parts swapped over to my replacement frame. just wondering what others who have gone through the shiv warranty replacement frame experienced.
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, they told me because of warranty it had to be put together by them. They charged me $300. Which I didn't think was bad since they replaced everything and tuned it. They even helped me make sure my old nosecone stem / fork would matchup and adjusted that also.
Turned out nice. Now I have a one of a kind. 2017/18 white nose cone shiv tt

David

H & A Racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did and it was not too bad if I just wanted to swap over everything. However, I took the opportunity to go from the lowest end components I had to all new 11 speed 105. Tape, cables etc etc mine was about 650$ out the door.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have a 2017 s works. It is the rocket red, neon yellow and black. I just got it this spring and already a sports drink has already stained the down tube area. Has anyone else had this problem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a warranty replacement on my frame. I had to bring the old frame back to my dealer for him to return (bottom bracket corroded out from inside-out). I stripped everything off old and rebuilt it onto the new frame. I had built up the Di2 on the old so was familiar with that. Kind of felt dirty putting 5 y old brakes back onto the new frame tho. But I had to do it myself. No costs for the swapped out 5 y o frame tho. Other than my time, of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dr.AgeGrouper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. The shop just sent me a message and it will be a warranty replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would bet that this has been discussed before, but I cannot find it via search, so let me ask at the end of this endless thread:
Is there a way to get the extensions tilt again (as it used to be before the recall and change to flat two-bolted extension clamp? A way without exchanging the whole cockpit? Any two-bolted solution, simple, cheap piece that allows tilt?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [motorcity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone point me in the direction aka you tube on how to remove the fuel cell.
Last edited by: pedal-boy: Jun 27, 18 19:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a tab at the rear that you need to pull forward to unlatch, then the whole thing slides up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [motorcity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A while back GatorRacer told me that Specialized had come up with a new clamp that restores the tilt and adjustment back to the original bar setup.
I never followed up with Specialized to confirm as I had changed to a PD Aeria bar - but probably worth contacting Specialized and asking about this as it sounds just like what you need.
Quote Reply

Prev Next