Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and I just bought a 2018 advanced pro 2. Does anyone know if the stem from a 2017/2016 would fit on the new 2018 models? I'm not super pleased with the raised stems.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a great bike, but it’s obviously not Dura Ace Di2. Clearly a less valuable ultegra di2. But it’s still a nice bike with nice wheels and good power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Carsonbench3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should have had 2 stems in the box, one flat and one raised. I agree with you though, the raised one is less aesthetically pleasing. It makes the bottle sit too high in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply! I'm calling the shop now. I had to travel 3 hours to get the bike and I had to leave with it in a rush. I was curious if the pros were using old stems or if it came with 2 options. I'm short so even on the XS I'm not as low as I'd like to be.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Carsonbench3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure you get all of the spare bits. Mine came with a collection of pad riser spacers and various length bolts. Also, the saddle had a kit for attaching a bottle to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the shifters are dura ace but the rest is ultegra. I'm thinking 5K a more reasonable price.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I present my new partner
Change the frame of a sl0 to the pro advanced
with my components

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New to the Tri sport & forum. I finished a couple Sprints and an IM 70.3 this month; I intend to do another 70.3 late this year or early next, and a full IM in 2019. Been using a $250 road bike thus far, and thinking it’s time to invest in a decent tri bike. I bought a discounted, new 2016 Trinity Advanced (not Pro) but the dealer is holding it while I shop around to see if I can find some 2016-2018 Pro 1 models my size (large).

With planned changes (Ultegra Di2, 165mm crank, saddle, short stem, hydration/bento), it’s still ~1k cheaper than getting a 2018/2019 Pro 2 (and upgrading to Di2 – haven’t been able to find a new Pro 1). Couple questions:

1. Are the other differences worth the ~$1k difference? Basically the frame stiffness/airfoil handlebar, tubeless tires, 11x30 cassette, and integrated system?
  2. I found a stock, “new” (doubt it) 2016 Pro 0 for $5800 on eBay. It’s remote so I cannot inspect but includes 14-day return from arrival. Any thoughts? https://www.ebay.com/...Ace-Di2/153074919201
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warlockuy wrote:
I present my new partner

with my components

Well, hello there! :)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [jsmithn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure the only difference between the various levels are the components - groupset and wheels. Frame, cockpit, seat post, fork, etc. are the same. If you find a good deal on the mechanical version, then yeah, you'll definitely save money vs buying the electronic at full price. Also, if the mechanical group is indeed new, you can get another $500 or so back, selling that off.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Frame, cockpit, seat post, fork, etc. are the same.

Some differences but mostly the same. The current pro versions have the aerodrive tri fork, handlebars, and stem integrated into an airfoil (plus tubeless tires, ski bend bars, and 11x30 cassette), but the non-pro 2016 has a traditional stem, alloy handlebars and fork (plus clinchers and 12x25). I've also heard/read that the Pro frames are stiffer with a different carbon weave but, even if true, would it be appreciably different @ my level of (in)experience? Are those combined differences minor, so-so, or significant?

If they're so-so+, I don't mind paying the extra $$$ to get a 2018/9 Pro 2 frame and upgrading components (can't find a new 2018 Pro 1 Large). But if those combined differences won't manifest in improved comfort and/or performance for me, then no need. Keep in mind I'm quite distant from the podium in my AG. My 70.3 was 3:30 for cycling. I'm assuming any of them will feel better than riding my aluminum clunker... but I'd like to get something I'll be happy to use for 3+ years.

dfroelich wrote:
Also, if the mechanical group is indeed new, you can get another $500 or so back, selling that off.

Great, I wasn't sure what market there is for a new, Shimano 105 groupset. Was thinking of putting it on my road bike but I'd rather just re-sell it.
Last edited by: jsmithn: Jun 27, 18 0:57
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super D wrote:
warlockuy wrote:
I present my new partner

with my components

Well, hello there! :)

Muy buena nave :)
Very good ship, to enjoy it and to give it many km
The truth of the change from sl0 2014 to this frame surprised me
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [jsmithn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsmithn wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
Also, if the mechanical group is indeed new, you can get another $500 or so back, selling that off.

Great, I wasn't sure what market there is for a new, Shimano 105 groupset. Was thinking of putting it on my road bike but I'd rather just re-sell it.

Oh, you won't get $500 for 105. Perhaps if it was Ultegra.
May as well throw it on the road bike, but of course, you'll need some brifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warlockuy wrote:

What did you notice going from the 2014 frame to the 2016 frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super D wrote:
warlockuy wrote:

What did you notice going from the 2014 frame to the 2016 frame?
S

Super D
First
Sorry my english
i use google translator

The most important thing to keep in mind in these terms is that they change size
My sl0 was size M
The current one is size S
A lot of my feelings can be simply by the change in size or not

I am more comfortable, I have more low arms supports, and I can still maintain the power.
I feel it lighter, according to the balance of my house 2k less weight.
On the slopes I can go with more power, maybe because of the lightness.
The 2014 sl0 plane flew, but on the slopes it was less agile.
The pro in level behaves like the 2014, at least the number of power remains
I do not have a wind tunnel, but on the flat it seems a little faster for the same power.

I used it with the front water carrier and without it, with the water carrier, I had a feeling that less power got the same speed, than without the more power.

I clarify again, it may be the weather, the wind, etc etc, I do not have a wind tunnel.

Before using it I had the feeling that I braked less the pro, but it is not like that, it brakes well, although the sensation of the front brake does not like me very much, brakes well of good, but I see it lazy to return to place.
The solution is very easy, a spring with more resistance, not yet disarm to see how it is, but it is easy to solve.

If you ask me which I like the most when I look at it, I liked 2014 more, very aggressive in its appearance. but this one left me very happy.

Again I return to clarify, they are my sensations.

If someone has improvements that they know can be made, they will be well come

regards
Rafael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Lots of useful info on this thread. I now own the trinity advanced pro 1. I got it with dual button shifters as I was apprehensive about synchro shift as this was new to me.

I do want to now reconfigure the button allocations and synchroshifting options. My understanding is the stock supplied integrated di2 bits don’t allow me to do this (I think). So my questions are:

what do I need to buy (cheapest option) to do this myself ?I only plan to do this at home not on the road.....
I only have Mac computers. Is that ok?

Thanks all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone here replaced the stem and base bar on the 2016 or newer Adv Pro with a standard stem and aftermarket base bar?

I saw a photo of a 2016 Trinity which had this (I'm a doofus and totally forgot seeing that the regular Advanced model used a regular stem), and I'm curious about stem and base bar choices to consider for changing the Adv Pro (if I do go this route), and any important cautions to watch out for.

A different base bar with a round clamp area with clip-ons (like a USE TR2 for example) would make it possible to use most any aero extension, and angle the elbow pads easily without having to buy special shims, and the angle choices would be several instead of just one with a set shim angle.

If pretty much any stem can be used, I wonder if there is one or two which are best for a TT/Tri bike and why. For example, would the 3T Integra be a good choice for aero, or are there problems with fitting it to the Trinity? Any other ones which might be smart to consider?

Here's the Integra:

Last edited by: Super D: Jul 4, 18 18:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike as you (2016 Advanced Pro 2 Size Small), I think. I didn't get all of the parts that are supposed to come with the bike when I got it from my bike shop.

I was wondering the same thing. Are we able to swap out to a longer stem on this bike without:

• Losing the hydration system
  • Having to switch the base bar
  • Completely redoing the cockpit
  • Recabling the bar end shifters and brakes

I am not able to get as long and low on this machine as I need to. Any suggestion are appreciated. If I need a different bike I am prepared to hear that news.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the pictures it looks like you still have all the spacers under the pads. Remove them all and you will be a lot lower and a little bit longer as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Per73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per73 wrote:
From the pictures it looks like you still have all the spacers under the pads. Remove them all and you will be a lot lower and a little bit longer as well.

I have actually removed most of the spacers below the pads. Someone suggested that I move the saddle back 1 cm and up 1 cm. I will have to see if I have the screws to remove even more spacers...which I think is one set...from under the pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what the specifications are for the screws that hold the lowest setting (smallest spacer) of the pads/aerobars are? I didn't get those screws when I bought the bike and I would like to slam the pads as low as possible.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should. I just went the opposite way. Have a 16 and added the new stem. No issues.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could measure it tonight, but it should be pretty easy to figure out. Do you have the medium and long screws? For example, if longs are 12mm and the mediums are 9mm, I bet the smalls are 6.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
I could measure it tonight, but it should be pretty easy to figure out. Do you have the medium and long screws? For example, if longs are 12mm and the mediums are 9mm, I bet the smalls are 6.

I didnt think about it like that. I do have the medium and long.

If you wouldnt mind measuring i would appreciate it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next