Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B

Be safe out there! Dedicate a set to me?!?

Yeah, you'll still get credit for your run, even though you're not gonna hafta suffer the Northeastern elements. How 'bout - you run in only a wet speedo, with wet hair, just to even the playing field?
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [IronDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I plan on doing the Hangover 1/2 marathon on New Year's Day in Albany, NY. Should be nice and cold. I just hope my ITB pain goes away by then.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [IronDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be cleared to run by then :) but it might only be a mile or so. And it won't be hungover. But I hope I'll be able to run!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing the annual Seattle New Years day group ride, so no run for me!

This is a great ride, though. Usually get over 100 riders...

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make it a brick and you get an automatic podium spot!

How long is the ride?
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whaddaya mean "cleared"? Injury? Probation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it varies :0)

I always ride out from home, so it's at least 31/2 hours for me. More likely to be 5-ish. Short version, if you drive to the start, is 2 hours or so - but a larg group generally goes longer, if the weather isn't incredibly bad...

No brick for me! Stairs sessions start on the 2nd, so I have to save something!

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you make sure you're nice & hungover, I'll let your ride count towards the run, cuz it sounds long enough to qualify for at LEASt a 5K equivalent worth of suffering....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
metatarsal stress fx

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 20k run on schedule and will be doing it New Year's day regardless of hangover, which should not be substantial as my tastes for intoxicants leans more towards things that don't give you one.

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [chickenlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, not gonna imbibe at all? Then you are REQUIRED to run twice as long as those of us who will be. Just trying to keep it fair. ;)

And eat a bunch of pretzles first and don't drink any water...

Have a great run...
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks! So, that's why all the swimming, huh?

Hope you mend quickly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. And the only reason I'm agreeing to the "enduring the elements" part is because I'll be in San Diego for New Year's weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Adventuress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then you are required to be twice as hungover as me! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! Alright, alright... I'll take one for the team. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, that's why all the swimming. Thrashing around in the pool is very calming :)

Thanks for the good wishes... unfortunately, I've heard alcohol isn't good for healing bones (though I can't remember where I read that) so I don't even get a glass of wine on NY eve :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear, tigerchik. Healing thoughts your way. And not to worry, I am under orders from IronDeb to drink up on NYE - rest assured that I will have a drink or five on your behalf.
Last edited by: Adventuress: Dec 26, 05 11:31
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'I like 5:30am way too much'

ME TOO! lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm in. It'll be a nice 5k run through Prague and I will drag my wife and another IM friend along for good measure. From the stories I've heard about NY Eve in Prague it should be a memorable run. I'm sure we'll all be on death's door. Will try to take pictures of the scenery if I can figure out how to work the camera with a 2006-size hangover.

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! ST Virtual NY Day Hangover Run t-shirts for all of you!!!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, do some "gardening" on New Year's Eve!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but red wine's an antioxidant, and it's good for circulation!!!

Yeah, I'm rationalizing. I'll fess up.

Meanwhile, you're not "legal" anyway, right?

So, 4 hours in the pool, and it counts as a "hangover run", deal?

That should also keep you in the lead at Virtual Training Camp!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okey-dokey. Although someone just posted a 5hr swim workout that I might try. That'd definitely put me in the lead :)

No, I'm 18 -- but we do New Year's Eve with my family and my best friend's family, and I usually am allowed a little bit of wine ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote]So, not gonna imbibe at all?[/quote]

One word: maryjane.

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply

Prev Next