Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike light suggestion
Quote | Reply
I recently built up a Argon NItrogen and am looking for some help with finding a front and rear light with my setup. I have a enve stem with the enve computer mount and am running specialized aero bars. My old light was made for round bars and could possibly be setup on the drops but I would prefer a different setup. And my rear light is pretty tight on the argon seatpost and popped off once. I run either a wahoo or pioneer computer. Anyone else with a similar setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike light suggestion [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Bontrager Ion/flare combo. They can be controlled by ur garmin and super bright plus last forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for daytime safety lights or nighttime navigating lights.

For daytime use, there's nothing better than Bontrager Flare's.
They have some interesting integrated mounts /adaptors on their website.

For simple bar mountain headlights for night use, I always use Light N. Motion. However, if you try to mount via gopro mount to the under side of a garmin mount, the unit will be upside down and as such I'd recommend the Urban series as opposed to the Taz (beam pattern would be upside down).

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Serfas thunderbolts 2.0 front and back. Easy to mount on aero bars and seat stays. I also have a Bontrager R-flare in back. Motorists many times thank me for being so visible.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Jun 14, 18 13:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://seesense.cc/collections/shop/products/see-sense-icon-front-and-rear-set-1

i use these. very happy with them. nice and bright with very nice patterns to get someones attention. they have tri seat post "mounts" avail as well.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just put a lyzene strip pro 300 (rear) on my shiv. it has several blink patterns and is super bright. very visible day and night

2016 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x
2015 Specialized Venge
Last edited by: ryryrocco: Jun 15, 18 4:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exposure TraceR using the saddle rail mount - super sleek and super bright.

Front light is a Cateye Rapid X3 fixed to the fork leg under the brake - a bright daytime light with some very good flashing mode.

Aforementioned Lezyne strip drive is a great option to fix to an aero seat post too
Quote Reply
Re: Bike light suggestion [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
I love the Bontrager Ion/flare combo. They can be controlled by ur garmin and super bright plus last forever.

What type of mount are you using with the flare on the front if you have aero bars.

Where is the best/easiest place to mount a front light on a tri bike so it's seen. The flare combo gets good reviews
Quote Reply
Re: Bike light suggestion [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mount the headlight on underside of extension and I have a Speed Concept so the make a flare mount that fits. They also sell a clip so u can clip to pocket or shorts when out running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Dinotte lights and its plenty bright.

Paul..
Quote Reply