Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bell Javelin or LG P-09
Quote | Reply
Which helmet has better aerodynamics for the majority of riders. I know head position and many other things make a helmet better on different riders but just looking for general opinion on each helmet. Also any thoughts or Giro Aerohead MIPS.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Bell Javelin or LG P-09 [brett13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search the forum, lots of threads on this. Aerohead and p09 are usually close aerodynamically, Javelin is old but works well for some people. If you want a helmet you can wear visorless go p09 because the Aerohead was designed with the visor.

brett13 wrote:
Which helmet has better aerodynamics for the majority of riders. I know head position and many other things make a helmet better on different riders but just looking for general opinion on each helmet. Also any thoughts or Giro Aerohead MIPS.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s individual but likely the P-09 and aerohead will be marginally superior if you don’t have any way to test them. But the Javaline is great especially if you can find it cheap. I just picked up an A2 and it works just fine. Maybe someday I’ll join the club if new equipment.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Girohead, went back to my PO9 after one race. It was heavy, hot and it fogged up. I also didn’t have a very good tt that day, not sure if the helmet was slower or because I was keeping my head higher than normal with the shield digging up. The PO9 is like wearing a road helmet and has great ventilation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought the P09 this past winter, raced a couple times in it and love it. Fits well and the visor flips up which is nice when putting it on in T1. the ears pull out when putting it on which makes it easier to put on quickly. I owned the Javelin as well and i didnt like it. the fit was tight on the side of my face and it was not easy/quick to get on in T1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the Javelin more comfortable than the p-09.

To me, the P-09, and my smith podium, hug my noggin more closely.....not tight, but just a closer fit. I'm -guessing- that might make them a little bit faster, but it also made my head a lot hotter! The Javelin was more roomy in general. I think it was often put on the bottom of people's 'want' list because of its low price.
Quote Reply
Re: Bell Javelin or LG P-09 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I found the Javelin more comfortable than the p-09.

To me, the P-09, and my smith podium, hug my noggin more closely.....not tight, but just a closer fit. I'm -guessing- that might make them a little bit faster, but it also made my head a lot hotter! The Javelin was more roomy in general. I think it was often put on the bottom of people's 'want' list because of its low price.

I'm a cheap bastard with 2 very young kids. low price is a feature, not a bug. (I think my tri-bike, in race trim, has under $1000 in it). I really like the P-06 I picked up on sale from LG at Christmas. is it the fastest out there, no, but it's better than any other new helmet at the price I paid. I have yet to race it in the heat though, but it seems to be vented well enough.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got my second Garnaeu P09 as a crash replacement. No issues with it at all except for the visor cutting my eye in my IMTX crash. It's also 33% cheaper this week!

https://garneau.com/ca/en/p-09-aero-helmet-c/color/splash-1336 - $200 CAD

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply