Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert

Do you know why the fairings / covers were off both TriRig brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I expect it was off the front brake so the bottle could be closer to the head tube.
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, makes more sense when I look at the close up. The bottle is in real tight.

I still wonder what the the thoughts are on the rear brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So MR is not riding an Andean? Thought he had switched.
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He crashed his Andean in Kona and they are still holding it. He just now got a new one
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a lot of weight on the front end if two bottles are full. I know others do it, but I would be cautious about it.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
Looks like a lot of weight on the front end if two bottles are full. I know others do it, but I would be cautious about it.

How much of a weight difference does it make when you're leaning your body down over the front end and putting your weight on the bars?
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct!

http://www.MattRussellTri.com -Pro Triathlete -Tri Coach
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [MattRussellTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you were going to be getting/switching back to an Andean, why not wait to take that to the wind tunnel instead?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the plan. To go to the tunnel to test both the Andean and Serios. Diamondback sent out a demo bike (Andean) for me just to test in the wind tunnel. Unfortunately the Andean arrived the day I drove to the wind tunnel. If my fitter was not at A2, I would most likely not have went. The time was booked for the wind tunnel and I haven’t seen my fitter (Paraic from Cyclologic) in a while so it made sense since 85% of the drag is the body/position. We made some miner adjustments to my fit that were beneficial in both comfort and aerodynamics. I would consider it a successful trip to the A2 considering I saved 14-19 watts from 0-10 yaw.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the bottom one must have fallen on in a race. I might have hit a bad bump and maybe it didn’t hold? It’s held on with some strong magnets but if dirt gets in there, it might weaken the hold.

Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:
Karl wrote:

How much of a weight difference does it make when you're leaning your body down over the front end and putting your weight on the bars?

I’ve never had any issues with it or heard of people having issues with it. If the bottles are full it might add an extra 3.5 pounds.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattRussellTri wrote:

I’ve never had any issues with it or heard of people having issues with it. If the bottles are full it might add an extra 3.5 pounds.

Thanks, that's kinda what I figured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi Matt
first - thanks for coming on here. the bike is cool but having an athlete post makes it infinitely cooler.

next - that's an interesting crank set up;
165mm ... with a 56 tooth outer ring

can you talk about how you came to those fittings and / or that combo?
and what's the inner ring?

cheers
Dave
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Jun 14, 18 8:46
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Serios of Matt Russell [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fitter Paraic has set me up with the 165mm crank length. We made the change at the end of 2012. In theory, it should open up the hip angle just a little bit more. Allowing to have a better run off the bike.

I think it’s funny when people are so surprised when I’m riding a 56/42 chain ring. They think that’s so big but almost all of the top 15 women in Kona are riding a 55 chainring. The women are 40-50 pounds lighter than me. A 55 chainring for a woman who is 120 pounds would be equivent to a 58 chainring for a guy who’s 160-170 pounds. This is just a guess. I actually rode a 1x 58 chainring for Texas 70.3 @ IMTX. No hills and with a big 20+ mph tailwind at TX 70.3, I’m glad I had the 58 chainring. I race with low cadence around 75ish without a big torque. I know people have different philosophies about cadence but this is what feels comfortable for ME as I’m more of a strength rider/runner.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing. As a fellow Serios rider, I appreciate seeing other setup options. Regarding the Speedfil bottle up front, is that just held in place with zip tie(s) around the DB stem?

Have you had a chance to see the new stem (Dan previewed it here on his Andean).?

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Matt !!!
Quote Reply