Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2013 Cervelo P2 for Wife and I
Quote | Reply
I'm considering getting a 2013 P2C 54cm. I have been looking for a bike that I can use on our Wahoo Kickr and that would live there much of the time. My wife would also like to use the trainer. I'm 5'10" and she is 5'8".

Is the seat range on the P2 such that we could adjust the seat and both use it? Would shifting it periodically be too much wear and tear on the seat post?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 for Wife and I [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is no big deal, I would just recommend making sure the seat post and seat tube are clean and lightly greased, and use a torque wrench to tighten the bolt each time you change seat heights, you could also buy a spare seatpost if she likes a diffrent saddle or has it in a different fore/aft position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ditto the second seat post. Shouldn't be that hard to source. While the clamps are relatively easy, it's far easier to just swap post+saddle and have tape marking the spot to insert to.

Probably more important would be the reach. Bike sizes can be amorphous things, I find seat height to be a rather easy thing to achieve no matter the bike but proper reach+ is the more difficult thing. I'd bet that in addition to swapping seat posts you'll need to swap stems too (and possibly spacers)

on the point of seat height being easy. I'm 6'2 and can get my desired seat height on 54/56/58/61 sized cervelos.... but only the 58 and 61 gives me the reach i need and only the 58 gives me a low enough stack.

you've opened up a can of multifaceted worms :)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 for Wife and I [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was figuring that proper reach generally only mattered for me. I would be wanting to use it to race/ride. She just wants to burn calories on the trainer.

An problem that I'm hoping to solve with me getting a tri bike :-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh geez, that makes this much simpler...

i'd still vouch for the separate seatpost and saddle tho.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply