Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What happened to Gatorade Endurance?
Quote | Reply
It's been the on-course hydration at IM events for a while now. I started using it because it's cheaper than Intraformance (which I prefer) and works well for me during the long, hot Alabama summer-- but now it's damn near impossible to find in stores. Even Amazon is out of orange and cherry. Is Gatorade pulling out of this market or what?
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Gatorade Endurance? [maxgaines] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maxgaines wrote:
It's been the on-course hydration at IM events for a while now. I started using it because it's cheaper than Intraformance (which I prefer) and works well for me during the long, hot Alabama summer-- but now it's damn near impossible to find in stores. Even Amazon is out of orange and cherry. Is Gatorade pulling out of this market or what?

At the IM Boulder expo last weekend there was a Gatorade Endurance tent and they were hyping their brand new flavor to be released next month, Watermelon. Perhaps they're phasing out old flavors?
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Gatorade Endurance? [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.gatorade.com/products/endurance/endurance-thirst-quencher-powder-orange-32-oz-canister

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered several Endurance products from the Gatorade website. Should be delivered today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got two canisters off of Amazon yesterday (Cherry and Lemon-Lime) and a package of the single serving sizes. I love the stuff. I use Infinit for long course, but Gatorade Endurance for shorter races and most training.

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Gatorade Endurance? [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tbh it never occurred to me that Gatorade might sell directly. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get mine from Gatorade. It's actually on a schedule. They just send them to me automatically.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be a thread about how hard it is to mix [the new] gatorade endurance and get it to actually dissolve. Does no one else find this super annoying? I started getting regular gatorade powder and just putting salt in it.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Gatorade Endurance? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
I thought this was going to be a thread about how hard it is to mix [the new] gatorade endurance and get it to actually dissolve. Does no one else find this super annoying? I started getting regular gatorade powder and just putting salt in it.

I've had that issue too. How many calories a bottle are you trying to mix? I try to build 300 cal bottles (normal size bike bottles - 24 ounces?)
Last edited by: alexer03: Jun 13, 18 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Gatorade Endurance? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trick is to put a little water in the bottle first, before adding powder, then top up and shake. If I put the powder in first, then add water, about half the powder becomes one giant mass stuck to the bottom of the bottle and no amount of shaking will get it to dissolve. If I put a little water in first, no such problem.

Edit: for reference, I'm mixing three scoops (190 cal IIRC) into 24 oz. bottles.
Last edited by: el gato: Jun 13, 18 18:21
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Gatorade Endurance? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What else do you supplement with for your calories when you race?
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to Gatorade Endurance? [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For HIM, I'm targeting 3 to 3-1/2 bottles of GE on the bike along with 2 sleeves of Clif Bloks and 1-2 bottles of water, which will give me between ~900-1,000 cal. On the run, just GE.
Quote Reply