Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What kind of razor do you shave with?
Quote | Reply
What kind of razor does everyone use for body hair? I use a Dorco Safety Razor (think old school WW2 metal handle). I do my head, part of face, and legs all off the same blade. Usually last about a week getting 3 head shaves, half my face 3 times, and my legs 1-2 times. Takes a bit more effort but less irritation and blades are only 5¢ (Yeah you read that right) a piece.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eww, don't use the same blade for face/ body.

Phillips One Blade. Awesome razor for wet or dry. Get the kit for face AND body. That way you'll have one razor blade for face (which have the stubble attachments) and one blade for your body (also has skin guard).

Stupid easy and quick shaving.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a WAHL electric hair clipper with no attachment. I save the blade for my face only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To my wife's dismay whatever her razor is that's laying in the shower. Which is only used once a year for an A race.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Step 1: beard trimmer
Step 2: the foil shaver attachment on the beard trimmer
Step 3: Mach 3

FWIW, having just crashed in the last month, I feel the thing about no hair being more hygienic or comfortable for healing up to be very very true. You don't want bacteria from the hair in your wounds, nor do you want to be ripping off bandages from hairy areas to change them out.

Just think of it as cleaning and polishing your guns.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dull rusty butter knife - and usually only after I get done bear wrestling and/or lumberjacking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, get the razors meant for legs. Women's legs. And the scenty shaving gel. You can shave with total abandon with that combo and not cut yourself. I haven't nicked the back of my knee or my shin a single time for years now, and I'm not especially careful, either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a double edge safety razor on my face (Merkur razor with Astra blades). That is definitely the way to shave your face if you have the time in the morning to lather up some good soap and do a 3 pass shave. A million times better shave than a mutli blade cartridge razor and infinitely cheaper to boot (a year's supply of the blades I use come in at around $10).

I've gone both ways on my legs. The safety razor can work just fine and you can just eat the 5 or 10 cents and use a blade one time so you're running a fresh one every leg shave. But, I have found it is easier and faster to shave legs with a modern cartridge razor. You can hack away pretty much any way you want moving as fast as you want without risking cuts. On my legs, I'm more about speed than perfection although it is painful to go back to paying big money for blades.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These Olay Venus ones (and only the olay version) are awesome. built in shave cream, so just get to work. for some reason the non-olay versions cut the shit out of me. These ones are damn near impossible to cut yourself with.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clipper with no guard (mangroomer...the extended handle helps), for weekly touchups. Finish with a single blade disposable BIC before races.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am surprised this many people shave...

I am not hairy per say but I am DEFINITELY hairy enough for people to brush up against me in the dark and be like "woa that was a dude".

I can understand for an "A" race if you think you could grab a Kona slot but if you are MOP or back of FOP..why even bother?

and I shave my face with the disposable two blade razors haha I have never heard of half of this stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mach5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my face, an open comb safety razor...what kind of man shaves their legs? (Pros are different)

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:

err.. why not? Asking for a friend.

I use Harry's for my face, legs, arms and really everything else

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:

I am not hairy per say but I am DEFINITELY hairy enough for people to brush up against me in the dark and be like "woa that was a dude".

I can understand for an "A" race if you think you could grab a Kona slot but if you are MOP or back of FOP..why even bother?

and I shave my face with the disposable two blade razors haha I have never heard of half of this stuff.

Shaving is worth 10-17 Watts. Google win tunnel shave.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

Shaving is worth 10-17 Watts. Google win tunnel shave.

^ that has got to be dependent on how hairy you were originally...but I definitely will !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my face, I use a Gillette Fusion blade. I get ~3 months of good shaves off a single blade (shaving face 5-6x/week).

After those 3 months, I then use the old blade on my legs and get another couple of good shaves (I'll shave 1x/week). Only shaving early season (March-ish) to late season (October). An old Fusion blade has been way better than any disposables.

Tad

It took awhile, but I finally discovered that its not the destination that's important, but rather the journey.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340 wrote:
anthonypat wrote:

err.. why not? Asking for a friend.

I use Harry's for my face, legs, arms and really everything else

I know right? When I do my body hair it’s generally once a week fresh out of the shower. So I’m using a clean razor on clean legs lol

Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:

There’s more reasons than speed to shave. Once you pick gravel out of leg hairs you’ll get it...

But for me it’s
Speed
Better bandaging when you do crash
Easier to reapply sunscreen
Looks cool
And my gf likes the feel in the sheets 😈

With that said on a side note switching to old school safety razors is one of the best things you can do. Get a good brush and a good shave soap to go with it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello jloewe and All,

Wife's razor in tub or shower for legs.... foil electric razor for face.

Electric razor can shave any time ... any place ..... and saves time.

I hate to think about how much of my life is wasted on shaving.

I keep a foil electric razor in the car for long stoplights and when my wife shops.

Does anyone use depilatory cream?

I have not tried it but it could save time.

https://www.consumerreports.org/...ying-guide/index.htm

Looks like there are many ways to skin the cat ...

Laser, electrolysis, chemicals, blades, yanking out the hairs (epilators and waxing) .....

But be careful ....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wax

Will never look back
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You shouldn't use some teal or purple plastic monstrosity to shave any part of your body.

I'm in the all metal, safety razor camp, and a good brush and lather.

Quote Reply
Re: What kind of razor do you shave with? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever. You can act all tough in the shower if you want but I'm plenty comfortable using what I use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Venus Embrace 5-blade, Mach 3 Pro vibrating handle, Nivea sensitive alcohol-free shave gel

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to do a Kickstarter for a tri-specific razor. Seems like a no-brainer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next