Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri/cycling/swim clothing companies run by women
Quote | Reply
Big news this week is that Team Estrogen now has a new life, partnered with Primal, and that Specialized just bought Machines for Freedom. I really like supporting womens' startups, including but not limited to Splish, Jolyn, Betty back before it was huge, Terry way way back when, and probably some others ... now we need someone to make us 650c bikes. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tri/cycling/swim clothing companies run by women [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 :-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the women owned companies. Smashfest Queen in particular. I hope that these purchases/partnerships allow these women-focused companies to thrive, grow and maintain their excellence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of Jolyn or Splish but now I'm looking forward to getting my next swimsuit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought QR made (or used to make) 650 bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri/cycling/swim clothing companies run by women [jockette21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jockette21 wrote:
I thought QR made (or used to make) 650 bikes?

Yes, QR and all triathlon bikes were at one time built on top of 650c wheels. Now, virtually all bikes are built with 700c wheels and the toe over-lap problem. Gee and I are both in a position to afford new bikes instead of 10 year-old hand-me-downs. However, we are not in a position to make ourselves grow...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Tri/cycling/swim clothing companies run by women [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After consultation with Dan and Ian, I am considering the indefinite wait for a Canyon 650b. Considering. The only viable alternative is to replace the grouppo on my 2005 alum/carbonfork Trek with 650cs and some paint chips. Not getting any taller any time soon (old enough to be going in the other direction).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canyon appears to also make high-end road bikes with 650 wheels...or at least I can join you in the indefinite wait. I am not sure what the difference is between 650c and 650b though. Hopefully it doesn't involve another set of wheels and tires...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, R&A Cycles still has some new "old" stock Cervelos in 45cm with 650c wheels from 2014 forward. I bought up every frame I could afford. Prices are good and the fit cannot be beat for small womens.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Tri/cycling/swim clothing companies run by women [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, SSP, it does mean new wheels etc. Did you ever go for the Culprit Junior? How do you like it? Mine fit great. Remarkably good build for a "junior" bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Tri/cycling/swim clothing companies run by women [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Very happy with it so far. Since I am not inclined to buy another disc and race wheel set, I guess the custom route may be my only option. Fortunately, my tri bike is fairly new. It's a shame that manufacturers force such expensive choices on the marketplace (me). I am faced with a $10,000+ option or ride a $1,000 junior bike...sigh...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. The one change you may want to make is to switch the big chain ring to a 50+ tooth. That will require a longer chain.

The 46 is on there for juniors to meet roll out. Trust me, you will get dropped like a sack of rocks if you try and sprint on that 46. I know from a frustrating experience at a racing program.

Quote Reply
Re: Tri/cycling/swim clothing companies run by women [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been there, done that when I ride with my fiance'. Hills are where I get left in a different time zone as it is. Hills are abundant where I currently ride in Salt Lake City, so this is a recurring problem. Thanks for the reminder on the gear change!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, sorry ... i am looking at the Canyon roadie to replace my 2005 Trek wsd — needs a new drivetrain and hate to spend the $ on an old alu frame, but right now the options are so limited. My goal for my tt bike is to ride it until i can’t anymore, then see if any options are viable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I realize I am derailing my own thread here, but hours before I ordered a new gruppo for my old Trek roadie, I discovered that Dan Serotta has been quietly building and selling a (not carbon) roadbike with 650c wheels, Ultegra Di2 at $5300 and mechanical at $3700 (7k+ for customized sizing with ultegra mechanical and rim brakes at the bottom price point). It is really nice to discover another option for us short womens!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I’m going to get your thread slightly back on topic. I’ve been using some Coeur tri shorts, but I’m in the market for a new race kit or two. Post-two babies, my old stuff is still a little tight (and really worn) because it’s 4 years old. I really like the chamois on the Coeur shorts, but I’ve also been toying with getting some Smashfest Queen shorts, because I currently like their graphics better. I’ve done a few IMs in Soas tri kits, but I found the seams on the chamois pad to be chaffing after so many miles, even with lube.

Can anyone tell me how the two companies’ tri shorts compare? Any other recommendations? I just saw yesterday that De Soto now has a full, no seam chamois, as well, so I’m toying with ordering some of those.

I’ve got both half and full IMs coming up, because I’m a lunatic and decided that a baby, a toddler, and a full time job wasn’t enough to keep me busy.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Quote Reply