Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm currently on Reynolds with tubeless schwalbe pro one and really happy. I'm in the market for a matching disc (rim brake) but cant really find something. Anyone with similar issues? Thanks and cheers,
Christoph
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [Spoili007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like Roval will have a tubeless option the new 321 disc check that out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The New Roval 321 Disc is tubeless ready and offered in rim and disc. Its also lighter than a Zipp 808 ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dash Cycles Gretchen 25, but they don't seem to be available anymore

Alto Cycling CC311

Aerocoach Aeox

Enve's coming disc wheel

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: Jun 4, 18 15:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of now only FLOs c.f. disc is tubeless ready and possibly Altos disc... no other disc to my knowledge that is tubeless ready.

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED Jet+ disc or Jet Black disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aerocoach AEOX or HED Jet+ (black)
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im getting my first samples out of mold soon . Can post in a few weeks after I receive and test ride it. 25mm wide. Tubeless ready.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
HED Jet+ disc or Jet Black disc.

HED disc is not tubeless approved :(
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s new. In all seriousness they used to be tubeless approved. Their warning on their website confirms my suspicion that He’d wheels have always run a bit large/tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the input.
Regarding HED, thats what i was afraid of. I saw people using wheels and TL but obviously it turned out to be problematic for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Estimated weight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Hed H3+ is also not listed as tubeless on the Hed website but I can tell you that it has a tubeless-friendly dropped inner rim channel, no spoke holes (obviously) so no need for rim tape, and it is probably the most tubeless-friendly wheel I've used, and that includes several Bontrager TLR (tubeless ready) wheels. Wheels set up ridiculously easily and hold their seal quite well. When I recently deflated the Pro One on my Hed H3+ to swap it for a Corsa Speed for a race, I had to really push the tire off the rim bead in order to get it to break its seal. While perhaps not "official," the H3+ works perfectly set up tubeless.

I don't have a Hed disc, but if it uses the same rim as the H3+, I would expect it to perform similarly splendidly tubeless.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: Jun 5, 18 9:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote HED website:

Quote:
Tech Notes:
1. We do not recommend tubeless tire use on Jet Disc wheels. Slight rim compression from the tighter, non-elastic beads on tubeless tires may result in dimpling on the carbon disc sides.

https://www.hedcycling.com/jet-disc-black/

Yes, I'm one of these people, I don't care what I don't know. But since they specifically write it it would stick in my brain on every ride.
Last edited by: Spoili007: Jun 5, 18 10:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The plus discs are most certainly tubeless ready. The older 23mm C2 rims do not have a tubeless ready rim.

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [andy tetmeyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We fixed the dimple issue.
now onward to updating the website...

Last edited by: andy tetmeyer: Jun 5, 18 10:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting.. I just bought Jet + disc a few months ago. Sticker on it says it was manufactured in 2018.. does that mean I can run it tubeless?
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [bigredrude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my email is
hedtech@hedcycling.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spoili007 wrote:
Quote HED website:

Quote:
Tech Notes:
1. We do not recommend tubeless tire use on Jet Disc wheels. Slight rim compression from the tighter, non-elastic beads on tubeless tires may result in dimpling on the carbon disc sides.

https://www.hedcycling.com/jet-disc-black/

Yes, I'm one of these people, I don't care what I don't know. But since they specifically write it it would stick in my brain on every ride.

I hear you. I am just quoting my own personal experience. Enve doesn't allow Latex tubes either in their wheels, yet I ran them with latex.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andy tetmeyer wrote:
We fixed the dimple issue.
now onward to updating the website...

thanks Andy, thats good news!
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rim brake version 1150 g +/- 40g
Disc brake version around 1200 +/-40g

Im getting my sample with centerlock disc hubs and braking track to switch between my stable of bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Andy, when was the dimple issue fixed? I am looking to buy a jet plus disc from a supplier in Spain and they are not too clear if it is tubeless compatible. I am trying to get an answer from them but they are not the easiest to contact.

I am having some re-planning after just cancelling an order for an aeox disc which has now been delayed for two months. Getting too close to race day so need to make other plans.

Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [msrixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything from May forward will be the tubeless version .

Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless Disc wheel - any suggestions [msrixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msrixon wrote:
Hi Andy, when was the dimple issue fixed? I am looking to buy a jet plus disc from a supplier in Spain and they are not too clear if it is tubeless compatible. I am trying to get an answer from them but they are not the easiest to contact.

I am having some re-planning after just cancelling an order for an aeox disc which has now been delayed for two months. Getting too close to race day so need to make other plans.

If it helps, I have the Jet Plus Disc with the normal metal brake tracks (and it used to have the white decals) and a 2016 era Vittoria Corsa Speed set up tubeless. No dimples or issues.
Quote Reply

Prev Next