Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma
Quote | Reply
After a few rides I am very impressed with the Favero assioma duo’s. I feel like the vectors were easy to put on but these just take easy to another level. I feel the pod actually makes it easier to screw into the pedal and just use the hex for the last tightening. If anyone is looking for a pedal. I would highly recommend these ****only ridden 3 times, but they have been flawless****
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharkbait22 wrote:
After a few rides I am very impressed with the Favero assioma duo’s. I feel like the vectors were easy to put on but these just take easy to another level. I feel the pod actually makes it easier to screw into the pedal and just use the hex for the last tightening. If anyone is looking for a pedal. I would highly recommend these ****only ridden 3 times, but they have been flawless****

Good to hear. I am in the process of returning my brand-spanking-new Vector3 because I hit the "Missing Right Pedal" issue out of the box (well, I did upload the latest firmware). At this point in time, Garmin should have figured out the issue. I will probably order the Assioma to replace then Garmins.
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ditched my Vector 3's and they will be for sell as soon as I get my new battery doors. Who knows when that will be, I was told a week ago. I purchased Assioma's about three weeks ago. Easy, easy, easy, not to mention they are lighter and less expensive then the Vector 3's. But by far the biggest advantage they have over the Vector 3's is that they work.
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [Jamie73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin sent me the battery replacement doors but i got rid of the pedals before they came. If you want these just PM me your address and i will send them to you, they will fit in a regular envelope. That may speed up the process in ditching a horrible piece of equipment!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 2 vectors (1 and 2), a lot of hassle, i bought the assioma s. What a relief. It just work, at least i have reproductible number from one day to the other, even after bike swaps.

Oh and i do all my wrenching myself, i have all the tools and torque tool required all precaution taken etc...
Last edited by: Ajaj191: Jun 4, 18 13:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m looking to order these as I’ve been waiting forever for Garmin and just seems like it’s not happenin’ any time soon. Was told the boat was stuck with the pedals...

Anyway before I order will the Assiomas accept the gray Look Keo cleats w/4.5 degrees of float? If not are the red 6% cleats they come with all loosey goosey?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
... "Missing Right Pedal" issue...

Is this just a bug in the head unit or really in the pedals?

For reference, my PT p1 usually give this error as well, but it is fake, an artifact. The power reads just from both, evidenced by variable power balance. It's annoying, but a functionally a non-issue.
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up to anyone using a Bolt with the Assiomas and is reading this thread, wahoo posted an update (WF09-1937) yesterday to fix the avg power and avg candence issue. I just saw the update and installed it so tomorrow I will see if it works
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:

For reference, my PT p1 usually give this error as well, but it is fake, an artifact. The power reads just from both, evidenced by variable power balance. It's annoying, but a functionally a non-issue.
There's an issue with head units where the right pedal doesn't wake up as quickly the left after going to sleep, and you'll get this error even though the right pedal wakes up immediately after. But you'll also get this message if the right pedal is dropping out or not functioning at all, which is what many Vector 3 users are seeing.

I'm in the same boat as other (former) vector 3 users, currently going through RMA process with my vectors not only due to battery door issues, but also seeing my left pedal grossly under-estimate power on some rides (to the point where avg balance is 40/60 or lower, even though my true balance is pretty consistently 52/48 give or take a percent).

I just purchased the Assioma Duo's, only have one ride on them so far but they seem to be working. Setting aside PM functionality, I think the vectors are better pedals (better clip-in/out), but so far I'm reasonably happy with the Duo's. I do wish they didn't have those constantly-blinking lights on them though. On the plus side I definitely prefer using a hex-wrench over the pedal wrench required with Vectors.

I'm not sure how I feel about the rechargeable batteries. On the one hand it sidesteps the potential battery cap issues seen not only with Garmin but also early PowerTap P1's. The downside is that if your batteries are low/dead your only option is to plug-in and wait. With a replaceable battery, you can do a quick swap and go about your ride. I'm thinking I should probably order spare charging cables just because it would suck to misplace them or realize you left them in your other bag and can't charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
PSA: this was only an issue with Garmins, and it was a P1 firmware issue. PowerTap fixed this in the current P1 Firmware release. No more "right pedal missing" messages with the P1 and Garmin! Huge win here.
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool!
Time to update!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
dfroelich wrote:

PSA: this was only an issue with Garmins, and it was a P1 firmware issue. PowerTap fixed this in the current P1 Firmware release. No more "right pedal missing" messages with the P1 and Garmin! Huge win here.
I still see it on occasion (have P1's that live permanently on my road bike), but not nearly as often as before the update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:

I don't know. I used a Garmin 520 with up-to-date firmware so I would expect it to behave nicely. I did switch to a screen that showed the left-right balance and the right pedal was showing 0.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got mine too. Ordered from Clevertraining and got it delivered FAST (international). (I had a VERY BAD experience from powermeter24 https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._Just_DONT)_P6641039)

got it installed last night and had my first ride this morning.
This is complementary to my Team ZWATT power meter - https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...sed-power-meter.html) which I've had for 5-6 months and ~3000km on it.)

First impressions -
1) Red Cleats - Really loosey goosey. The float is really, really loose.
2) Unclip - Man it's tough to unclip and even after loosening the tension to the absolute minimum (then tighten it back 2 turns - afraid of losing the screw)
3) The Power (Dual Sided) Seems to Read Higher vs my Zwatt (Left only Crankarm) about 10-15w.

I'll continue to look at it more and test it out. I'm not entirely sure which PM to trust now with the 10-15w difference in power. If it's real, of course I'm happy cos my FTP just increased w/o any effort on my part.
There is also a lack of (free) tools to compare FIT files between 2 power meters.

Golden Cheetah has the ability to track 2 PM at the same time (PM and Alt PM) but it is not able to write both PM Data into disk :-(

I'm also too cheap (currency exchange is 4x) to use DCRainmaker's Analyze tool.

I'm gonna try using an iphone + ipad to connect to the Zwatt & the Assioma using Wahoo's iphone app to track the data to compare.
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [nickvox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah they work. I have the reds which are a bit more loose than Shimano yellow cleats. I also find them harder to clip into. Might just be me.

I'm super happy with the Duo pedals - mostly because of how easy it is to switch from bike to bike which I do a lot of.
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
myjunk wrote:

Golden Cheetah has the ability to track 2 PM at the same time (PM and Alt PM) but it is not able to write both PM Data into disk :-(

I'm also too cheap (currency exchange is 4x) to use DCRainmaker's Analyze tool.

I'm gonna try using an iphone + ipad to connect to the Zwatt & the Assioma using Wahoo's iphone app to track the data to compare.

If you can capture the data stream from both PMs using two different devices (your head unit, plus either directly into Golden Cheetah, or into the phone or Ipad) you can import both files and compare them in GC. Click the "Toggle Compare Pane" button on the right hand side of the GC header. Then drag both files into the compare pane at the bottom of the screen.
ETA: You'll also need to click the "Off" button on the right side of the compare pane to turn on the comparison feature.
Last edited by: tttiltheend: Jun 5, 18 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:

If you can capture the data stream from both PMs using two different devices (your head unit, plus either directly into Golden Cheetah, or into the phone or Ipad) you can import both files and compare them in GC. Click the "Toggle Compare Pane" button on the right hand side of the GC header. Then drag both files into the compare pane at the bottom of the screen.
ETA: You'll also need to click the "Off" button on the right side of the compare pane to turn on the comparison feature.

Thanks. Finally figured out how to get to the compare pane and actually seeing something. ("OFF" was the key thing to press)
I'll do more comparison when I get the chance and also compare it outdoors.
I actually did another test this morning but the data from the F3 (Assioma) was full of dropouts so I won't use that data. (so, both the Assioma and the Zwatt has Power Drop issues and placement is key. On the Zwatt, i usually place my F3 on the ground underneath the crank for close ANT+ signal. Yday (the below data) I had the F3 connected to the Assioma and place it on a stool Beside the pedals and all was good in terms of data dropouts, this morning I had the watch on top of the laptop in front of the handlebars and it gave a ton of dropouts.

Looking at the data, it's clear that GC just plots them one on top of each other w/o actually lining up the data properly. Well, it can't actually cos there's no 'same data'. I usually start the watch earlier than GC hence you can see the delta esp in those 30s intervals not lining up.. but the delta is there.

Pink is Assioma (connected to Fenix3)
Green is Zwatt (via GC on Laptop)

Critical Power Comparison. (don't mind the poor FTP performance)

Last edited by: myjunk: Jun 5, 18 21:00
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [bigredrude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigredrude wrote:
Yeah they work. I have the reds which are a bit more loose than Shimano yellow cleats. I also find them harder to clip into. Might just be me.

I'm super happy with the Duo pedals - mostly because of how easy it is to switch from bike to bike which I do a lot of.

This seems to be the general issue w/ these Duos. DCRainmaker's review page on this pedal also has multiple ppl talking about it and one guy (Bikeman) had a suggestion which I tried and to me, it seems to work.

The below seems to work for me. Loosen the screw ALL the way until it juts out. (looks like the screw still gets held there and won't come completely out - as in drop on the floor) then I used the allen key to manually try to push the indicator upwards and pull against the back part of the pedal - you can feel it's slightly easier to get it to budge.

After that, I screw the screw back in _just_ enuough.

the clip out seems to be much better after that. Note : 9% cleat (original from box)

Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can make the two files line up by deleting the extra time in whichever file you started first. You'll need to go to the little menu button on the far right side of the menu bar and Add chart > Editor. This screen allows you to select and edit out the extra time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just installed the Assioma Duo on my bike. Compared to the Vector3 (see above), the installation was painless. And they worked the first time - no missing power on the right pedal.

Question: I travel with my bike and removed the pedals. I wasn't worried too much about my SpeedPlay (wrap them up and put them in a plastic bag). For the price, I am concerned about safely travelling with the pedals. Does anyone have recommendations for a small-ish, padded, hard shelled container?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put them in a zip lock back and stuff it amongst your clothes?

On topic: have anyone used the Duos with a Polar v800? I low that (at least initially) Polar had problems with some PMs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really - the missing right pedal thing is still there, on the latest firmware with edge 520.
It seems to be affecting Zwift - for a little while the power seems to only come from the left side, until it sync up with the right pedal.

After a while (ie 10-15 seconds) it all starts to work.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: πŸ‘πŸ» For assioma [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer. Though, I have not seen it on my 520 since I did the P1 update.
Quote Reply