Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rapid Reboot
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience or review about their product. On the surface appears similar to Normatec. Google search does not yield much, nor this search here provides anything about it. It seems to be unknown. Saw it at IMAZ expo.
Looking to possibly pull the trigger on either those or Normatec. RR is few hundred dollars cheaper. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapid Reboot [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried them out while at AZ... twice. I also tried the Normatecs.... I actually like the Reboot better, I got a much tighter squeeze on my quads (I had both units at full intensity).
Quote Reply
Re: Rapid Reboot [Dillon152] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I tried Normatec but only managed to talk to Rapid Reboot guys. I got a very nice comparison from them but wanted to validate it. Their compression is twice the compression of Normatec. They max out at 200mmHg. I tried searching web to see if more is written, nothing comes up. They did disclose that they were new to the market....I really liked interaction at both tents. Both groups were very candid about their products and no bashing.
Normatec is running a sale over the holiday, where I cannot find any sale on Rapid Reboot......just trying to possibly nail the decision. I got two swimmers and a runner in the house besides me. The thing is going to be used all the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The salesman's name was Eric. I think the price was $895. The Air Relax boots are on sale for Black Friday, I think it gets the price down to ~$330.... Gerlach wrote a article comparing the two, I haven't used the air relax but Gerlach says they are great... and $1000 cheaper. So there's another option
http://www.thomasgerlach.com/...-recovery-boots.html
Last edited by: Dillon152: Nov 25, 16 12:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
atasic,

I am one of the owners of Rapid Reboot, and I'm glad you're considering purchasing our recovery system. We're glad to hear you guys tried and liked them- we're thinking of doing more races. So, if you see us, please stop by and use them again or try them for the first time! Because we are a new company you probably won't see a lot of information online about us yet, but if anyone has any questions we'd be happy to answer them. Wether you choose a pair of our Reboots or Normatec's boots you'll be happy with either one! Compression boots are a great way to recover and get the most out of your training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried rapid reboot and normatec at IMFL and went with rapid reboot. They reach a higher pressure and the customer service was awesome!

Erik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
atasic wrote:
Does anyone have any experience or review about their product. On the surface appears similar to Normatec. Google search does not yield much, nor this search here provides anything about it. It seems to be unknown. Saw it at IMAZ expo.
Looking to possibly pull the trigger on either those or Normatec. RR is few hundred dollars cheaper. Thanks.

I talked to various Reboot peeps at IMAZ including the owner and wife. They were all very nice and we actually got a Normatec rep over as well and discussed a few things regarding pricing. The actual head unit looks a lot different from the Air Relax but the boots and cords look very similar to Air Relax. I didn't actually get a chance to test them out but I wish I did have a chance.

As far as other thoughts go, both Air Relax and Rapid Reboot have different modes that you can go into. I do like changing up the modes just for the sake of change. They also come in different sizes which is plus. They are capable of much higher pressures like Air Relax but there are more steps to the higher pressure for finer granular control. The head unit looks a bit large for travel which is the downside. I still find the portability of Normatec pulse system to be a huge plus for me, but I wish they had a feature to auto-deflate to make it easier to roll the boots up. As of now it is a little bit of task to roll up the boots, especially if you break them out in say a layover at the airport.

My end opinion, which I talked to the owners about, was the price was still too high. I do think Normatec are a premium product but they are pricey, and almost certainly too high as well. I would like to see the Rapid Reboot a lot closer to Air Relax. I really think they have to be closer to $500 to be competitive. Ideally the more competition the cheaper the price for consumers and the more innovation we will see to protect premium pricing. I know Normatec has been running some aggressive sales which I think there was some hesitancy to do with their dealers but I think they need to get their price down below $1000 as the starting point. They might have to further strip down the feature set, and it might never happen, but I think they could make it up on volume. I have talked to way too many people who think Normatec are just absurdly expensive.

As the poster above mentioned, if you NOT had a chance here is short comparison I did on Norma vs Air.

As an aside, I got my first massage in a while yesterday. It was a reminder that compression are a tool in the toolbox, but not the only tool. I am looking to incorporate more massage into my recovery protocol this year for the objective feedback they can provide and their ability to work on specific problem areas.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Rapid Reboot [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for a very informative response. Thank you to all others above. I appreciate the feedback. Thomas, I feel very much as you describe. I am having a hard time justifying the RR price given Air Relax product. Normatec, while high too, separates itself by quality.
Considering all options available and talking to all three companies, given that four of us in the house will rotate in use of boots, they are going to get some heavy use. Given that Normatec is also in commercial use, gives me a warm and fuzzy on durability. I have just pulled trigger an hour ago on Normatec Pulse. With holiday pricing and QT2 discount, I have received a reasonable deal. Could we have gone the cheaper root, absolutely. RR folks were very professional and super helpful in promoting their product, I believe they will stand well behind it. Air Relax folks were also as good as I took the time to talk to them too.
ST is a great resource when it comes to products. Seriously, until this thread got updated, I had serious doubts about RR as no independent reviews could be found via search.
I can report back on first impressions if it is needed. Thank you all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
atasic wrote:
Thank you so much for a very informative response. Thank you to all others above. I appreciate the feedback. Thomas, I feel very much as you describe. I am having a hard time justifying the RR price given Air Relax product. Normatec, while high too, separates itself by quality.
Considering all options available and talking to all three companies, given that four of us in the house will rotate in use of boots, they are going to get some heavy use. Given that Normatec is also in commercial use, gives me a warm and fuzzy on durability. I have just pulled trigger an hour ago on Normatec Pulse. With holiday pricing and QT2 discount, I have received a reasonable deal. Could we have gone the cheaper root, absolutely. RR folks were very professional and super helpful in promoting their product, I believe they will stand well behind it. Air Relax folks were also as good as I took the time to talk to them too.
ST is a great resource when it comes to products. Seriously, until this thread got updated, I had serious doubts about RR as no independent reviews could be found via search.
I can report back on first impressions if it is needed. Thank you all.

I am glad you went with a new set as I think buying used is a mistake unless one can be assured that someone bought the boots and then never used them which I think we be rare. I have sat in a few pair of used boots that didn't quite feel anything like a new pair. I know you and your family will like the Pulse system and the only downside will probably be in figuring out that rotation schedule.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Rapid Reboot [RapidReboot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RapidReboot wrote:
atasic,

I am one of the owners of Rapid Reboot, and I'm glad you're considering purchasing our recovery system. We're glad to hear you guys tried and liked them- we're thinking of doing more races. So, if you see us, please stop by and use them again or try them for the first time! Because we are a new company you probably won't see a lot of information online about us yet, but if anyone has any questions we'd be happy to answer them. Wether you choose a pair of our Reboots or Normatec's boots you'll be happy with either one! Compression boots are a great way to recover and get the most out of your training.

At the beginning of 2018, I purchased an Air Relax system---primarily for my wife, who can make use of compression therapy for her MS symptoms. However, the AR system was returned given the material of the boots irritating her skin and triggering spasms, the very thing the boots were supposed to help remedy.

Despite not training/competing like I used to, compression boots are something I'm interested in. The AR system worked well for me, but I especially liked Rapid Reboot. The folks I talked with at IMAZ in 2016 were helpful before & after the race, so I was curious if any had done any direct comparisons in the textiles used for the exterior of the compression boots. Does part of the discounted price in the Air Relax system come in the form of a cheaper (ergo more irritating) material? Is the Air Relax any different, softer, less abrasive, etc.?

(Normatec is simply not an option due to the drastically higher price. Even the RR system is pricier than I would like, but, if my wife can use it to help curtail MS symptoms [while aiding in my aging body's recovery from running], I'm game.)

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Rapid Reboot [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both Air Relax and Rapid Reboot systems are produced by a 3rd party and sold by the respective companies. In the case of Rapid Reboot their products are made in China and Air Relax is made in Korea. Rapid Reboot's price tag is much higher than Air Relax but that is only because Air Relax barely even marks up their product as they focus on gaining market share while Rapid is marked up a lot. Rapid Reboot and Air Relax cost a similar amount to make and where the 3rd-party manufacturers source their textiles from may make a difference for your wife and her MS but I am not sure if one will work and one won't.

I don't have a pair of Rapid Reboot boots to compare but based on Normatec, Air Relax feel smoother but not softer. Maybe the threads are thinner and woven more tightly to make that so but I don't know. Has you wife tried any sort of leggings on her legs to act as a barrier between the boots and her legs?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've tried the leggings, socks, etc. There's just something about the seeming roughness of the fabric that she's not able to describe.

Thanks, though---especially about the sourcing information on AR vs RR. While not entirely important in my purchasing decision, it's still neat to know.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Rapid Reboot [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dseiler wrote:
We've tried the leggings, socks, etc. There's just something about the seeming roughness of the fabric that she's not able to describe.

Thanks, though---especially about the sourcing information on AR vs RR. While not entirely important in my purchasing decision, it's still neat to know.

Fwiw, I just compared and contrasted the Normatec and Air Relax Boots again... I really need to buy a set of Rapid Reboot too if they are going to be at all the Ironman Expos. With that being said, the Normatec has a sort of diamond print material that I am not sure if it is designed to actually prevent slippage and to stay in one place or just how it is produced. I will have to ask them next time we talk. Whether that would help or not, I have no idea. Again the Air Relax is very smooth.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly curious - is there real peer-reviewed science (journal articles, specifically) regarding the efficacy of these products for sports recovery?

Not trying to dump on Normatec, after all, most of the sneaker technology we wear is similarly NOT scientifically based! But for a pricey unit, I'd want to know if it actually has been scientifically proven to work.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapid Reboot [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Honestly curious - is there real peer-reviewed science (journal articles, specifically) regarding the efficacy of these products for sports recovery?

Not trying to dump on Normatec, after all, most of the sneaker technology we wear is similarly NOT scientifically based! But for a pricey unit, I'd want to know if it actually has been scientifically proven to work.

This is the only study I am aware of and it measured a greater range of motion in lifters... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28662152/

Whether a study will be designed to measure athletic performance improvement or reduce rate of injuries who knows. With that being said, I can assure you Lebron is NOT being paid to wear his Normatec, neither are the vast majority of athletes yet they use them. Placebo is a powerful thing but it is hard to argue with athletes, who are often very tired at night, and slip inside the boots to wind it down for the night.

Boots come from the medical space for edema. It is hard to argue with boots and their effectiveness at that. Do a hard training session/race, travel by car for 8+ hours, stand on your feet in one place all day and then measure the circumference of say your calf. Measure it again after a session and you will see that the swelling has gone down. Whether that it is good or not can certainly be argued but as far as pumping that leg fluid back out of the legs it is incredibly effective at that.

Quote Reply