Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Michael Weiss [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, because tri is so lucrative that people can afford to take years off and just train. Definitely not going to have to take a few hits to their training when they work full time.

I think you're going to get some ugly responses to the health issues thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Right, because tri is so lucrative that people can afford to take years off and just train. Definitely not going to have to take a few hits to their training when they work full time.

I think you're going to get some ugly responses to the health issues thing.

Most triathletes who are doping are not making their living off of triathlon - even pros. For many of them, taking a few years off of triathlon would probably relieve a financial burden! The myth that doping is mostly about money is just that - a myth.

And I see no reason why he would get "ugly responses" about the health issue. Do you find that statement offensive?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect you're about to see a number of responses wishing bad health on people from doping, based on the rest of the thread. This forum is getting a little ridiculous about the whole thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I suspect you're about to see a number of responses wishing bad health on people from doping, based on the rest of the thread. This forum is getting a little ridiculous about the whole thing.

I seriously doubt we will see that. We will see people who want dopers banned from sports, not who want dopers put into the hospital.

His post is about the personal health risks dopers are willing to take to cheat. He's not hoping for health consequences.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't it seem like the other pros and posters here are saying that the proof is the 1:09 run split? To run sub 70 in a 70.3 is pretty serious running pedigree and we haven't seen that from Weiss before. I'm not accusing him, it would seem as though that is the evidence people are pulling from since they don't have drug tests to prove it.

The only thing making me believe that he's clean is that Sanders and Kienle still beat him up at St. George. If Weiss had mopped the floor with those guys, I'd be skeptical as hell.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Doesn't it seem like the other pros and posters here are saying that the proof is the 1:09 run split? To run sub 70 in a 70.3 is pretty serious running pedigree and we haven't seen that from Weiss before. I'm not accusing him, it would seem as though that is the evidence people are pulling from since they don't have drug tests to prove it.

The only thing making me believe that he's clean is that Sanders and Kienle still beat him up at St. George. If Weiss had mopped the floor with those guys, I'd be skeptical as hell.

yeah, that's what they're saying. but it's not proof. i think it's okay to speculate; not to assert. i (personally) don't think it's fine to viciously stalk him personally, primarily because it's a very selective decision to stalk (while giving other folks who are prime stalk targets a pass). but that's just my view, and not a moderating issue.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And there is the apparent cognitive dissonance (or moral relativism - both apply) of people who are choosing to virtue signal over particular individuals...........
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
And there is the apparent cognitive dissonance (or moral relativism - both apply) of people who are choosing to virtue signal over particular individuals...........

yeah. whatever. sometimes i think about writing a book. 30 years dealing with all the facets of this business. but then i realize, what's it going to accomplish?

the one thing that people might find interesting is how utterly unequipped i was to even begin, and how fortuitous it was for me to know how much i didn't know. still, the trick was to acknowledge what you didn't know, and live underneath that umbrella of forced humility. which is why the world of 2 billion moral and technical experts in everything is so incongruous with my own journey, which required every minute and second of gladwell's 10,000 hours, and then some.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was he tested after running 1:09. I know he wasn't tested after STG 70.3 Top 2 were.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [SA001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SA001 wrote:
Was he tested after running 1:09. I know he wasn't tested after STG 70.3 Top 2 were.

you're asking the wrong guy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [SA001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SA001 wrote:
What’s it seem to matter. He's already been labeled as having cheated and no one wants to believe otherwise.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the course an accurate 13.1 miles?
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course not. Look at the times across the board.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
SA001 wrote:
What’s it seem to matter. He's already been labeled as having cheated and no one wants to believe otherwise.
To be fair he earned the label of “cheater”...

The fact he may not be cheating here doesn’t just delete past actions. And as they say: actions have consequences...
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
SA001 wrote:

To be fair he earned the label of “cheater”...

The fact he may not be cheating here doesn’t just delete past actions. And as they say: actions have consequences...
The consequence of a small amount of people with little else of importance to do having a sook on a triathlon forum? LOL
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Michael Weiss [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the second beating the dog comment and neither of us it was aimed at have any idea what you're on about? So yeah ok whatever...
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
There seems to be extensive virtue signalling, moral relativism and some cognitive dissonance knocking around here

Apparently a clothing line from a doper is an outrage. Workouts scribed by a sexual predator are ok.........

I am going to have to seriously think this shit through.

Would I rather my daughter's wore a dopers clothes or be coached by Sutton..........

Edit. Cue the responses citing revisionist history, his mea culpa, how there is no moral equivalence blah blah blah

If I choose to exercise my right to be coached by Sutton i would also choose to keep my mouth shut about others exercising poor judgement

Bravo. Couldn't agree more. Moral relativism puzzles can be tough. But, in this case, not so much. If we're going to have a conversation about offences worthy of lifetime bans from the sport, crimes of pedophilia against young athletes placed in your care seem like a really good place to start.

Alan Couzens, M.Sc. (Sports Science)
Exercise Physiologist/Coach
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Alan_Couzens
Web: https://alancouzens.com
Last edited by: Alan Couzens: May 31, 18 6:06
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Alan Couzens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alan Couzens wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
There seems to be extensive virtue signalling, moral relativism and some cognitive dissonance knocking around here

Apparently a clothing line from a doper is an outrage. Workouts scribed by a sexual predator are ok.........

I am going to have to seriously think this shit through.

Would I rather my daughter's wore a dopers clothes or be coached by Sutton..........

Edit. Cue the responses citing revisionist history, his mea culpa, how there is no moral equivalence blah blah blah

If I choose to exercise my right to be coached by Sutton i would also choose to keep my mouth shut about others exercising poor judgement

Bravo. Couldn't agree more. Moral relativism puzzles can be tough. But, in this case, not so much. If we're going to have a conversation about offences worthy of a lifetime ban from the sport, crimes of pedophilia against young athletes placed in your care seems like a really good place to start.
Good call. Any athletes that are Catholics or go to church we should bar them from the sport or at least tell them to shut up for supporting an organisation that conducted thousands of cases of pedophilia against children under their care, defended it in court putting them on the stand and let so many committed suicide but we all still celebrate Christmas and Easter.

Is a kid that stole a candy bar from a store always labelled a thief and carry that through life and into his job career. What about someone that commits DUI? I have a lot more contempt for them than an ex doper... Sutton is now married with a wife and children.

Who among us is totally moral and just on all levels? When do people move on?
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Alan Couzens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am baffled that a woman would decide that they are going to take a stand, draw a line in the sand on their personal objection to doping whilst being coached by a guy who raped a child in his care (to be clear it was statutory rape of a minor)

The mental gymnastics to make this reasonable in ones own mind must be quite the sight

I am guessing a parallel is speaking out about USA gymnastics and their failure in duty of care, and then taking a role in a weinstein movie

If one (not you specifically) is unable to see that their private actions do not align with their public pronouncements they have literally zero credibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting the post from Ruedi Wild who was 2nd behind M. Weiss...

"the new but famous Austrian superrunner"
Last edited by: Plissken74: May 31, 18 0:16
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure I understand your point

Sutton raped a girl under the age of consent. He argued it was consensual (she was 14 he was 27). He has stated he was victim of a violent parent, that she consented etc. She was 14. He was the adult. He had a duty of care and he had sex with her and they pleaded down the charges)

Weiss got done for blood doping. He harmed his competitors

If I doped, I would not be calling out Sutton about his own behaviour

Equally if I was coached by Sutton it would not appear my moral compass extends as far as "advocating moral and ethical behaviour and associating with people that exhibit those traits all the time" rather only when it suits me, and not when the best tri coach in the world is a convicted child molester / rapist, pick your terminology to assuage your conscience

The problem with the virtue signalling crowd; "I called her out on twitter" BS, is that they almost always demonstrate that it's not some sort of underlying values that drive them to do it, but the need to be seen to do it.

On a personal note, IF Weiss did his time (and as I understand it he did not actually fail a test but was banned based upon statements made by other athletes) AND if Sutton did his "time", moved on, works only with adults and has "attoned" I think they should be able to get on with their lives

What drives me mad, is the selective signalling about X = bad, whilst ignoring Y.

I would be interested to know the results of Weiss drug tests
Last edited by: Andrewmc: May 31, 18 1:19
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ruedi shouldn't be throwing shade around when he sabotaged himself with that Rudy Project windsail, I mean helmet. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been a wild episode of stage rushing and mug slinger cross fire ... Definately feel like a binding jerry springer end of show sum up moment is eminent
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [KirstyJahn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kirsty - I noticed that you wore Betty gear in your race this past weekend and the kit for the brand is made by Hincapie Sportswear... owned by confessed doper George Hincapie.

Just fyi
Quote Reply

Prev Next