Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 28 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 28 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my week was ok. I tried cutting back on run mileage and upping swimming to see if my hamstring would feel better. It doesn't, so tomorrow I'm hoping I can get in to see a doctor and get a PT referral. I didn't run yesterday or today and though I've been doing some glute exercises, it doesn't seem to be improving.

Last week I ran 6x (31.5 mi) and swam 15,425 yds (6 swims).

This week I am taking a Water Safety Instructor Course, as the camp I'm working at for four weeks wants to be able to offer Red Cross swim lessons. (In previous summers I've taught swimming, but it was "tigerchik brand". I had a WSI in high school and college, so it was red cross-ish without the paperwork). I'm only sort of looking forward to the class.

My other goal last week was 3-4 hrs of schoolwork a day. I didn't quite do that much, but I did get some work done.

goals for this week are to not eat emotionally.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens! Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik -- I am sorry to hear your hamstring is still giving you trouble, good luck.

My goals last week were:
Quote:
3 bikes, 3 swims, 4 runs, yoga, strength, and PT -- and then a nice little taper the following week leading up to my 70.3

I managed to get in everything except a third swim but was pretty wiped out from work/life/a bizarre dental emergency all week. My highlight was running with an old friend (who is returning to running after a break longer than mine) and one of my new teammates (who just happened to be in California for the long weekend).

This week I'm tapering and racing a 70.3 on Sunday so I'll be taking it pretty easy all week.

I hope everyone has a great week of training.

Hope you're feeling better SDCali.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did absolutely nothing. Crap. Tiger & SoCal are running circles around me. Again.

In other news, I remodeled a bathroom and it is no longer disgusting. I touched a really nasty toilet in inappropriate ways and I lived. So I might still be ahead.

Rock on, Women.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, womens! I am back in town after spending a week and a half in California for our 10 year wedding anniversary (holy crap how did that happen???). In addition to walking around San Francisco twice we also hiked part of the Lake Tahoe Rim Trail and part of Point Reyes National Seashore, and I did a couple of run/walks in my sister-in-law's neighborhood, so I did stay pretty active even though I had plenty of wine, chocolate, and In and Out. =)

I am doing some easy spinning and bumped up my run/walks to 3 minutes running, 2 minutes walking, times 4. I am trying to stay positive and not get discouraged that this is "all" I can do because at least it is something. I didn't do much PT on vacation but am back to it this week. I even lifted weights yesterday; my new goal is to do one complete hanging pull-up and three complete hanging chin-ups.

Real talk: I think I'm going to have to see a doctor soon about the trouble I'm having drawing a full breath sometimes. I'm not sure if it's anxiety or undiagnosed asthma or what. My GP was quick to push an antidepressant on me last time I visited so I'm hesitant to see her, and my holistic doctor is great but she doesn't take insurance and I'm not sure if she'd even have equipment to test for asthma (???). I don't cough when I exercise but I do have to yawn to get a full breath. I have had anxiety attacks before and those feel different, like pressure on my chest, where this is like that last little bit of breath won't come into my lungs. Is it possible my running actually helped keep undiagnosed asthma in check and when I hurt my knee and stopped running, my lungs lost their ability to compensate? OR, and I just anxious, overweight, and out of shape??? Lordy, getting old sucks.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taking it easy this week, as I overdid it again on the bike. Holiday meant only one swim this week, working a swim meet the next two weekends, so ride time is limited .

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 28 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week I'm tapering and racing a 70.3 on Sunday so I'll be taking it pretty easy all week.

have a fun race!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 28 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Real talk: I think I'm going to have to see a doctor soon about the trouble I'm having drawing a full breath sometimes.

no advice but I hope you get it figured out.

congrats on the 10 yr anniversary!

Quote Reply