Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Michael Weiss
Quote | Reply
What’s this guy on, other than his running shoes busting his ass 6 hrs a day? Even other pros are outright calling him out.

Edit: he ran 1:09:28

Last edited by: Sean H: May 27, 18 9:42
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's a convicted doper that many have no tolerance for. Think it was back from his MTB racing days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's a convicted doper. He has never admitted any wrong doing.
Of course his actual blood was in a fridge in a lab somewhere to be put back in at a later date.
So yeah, he's full of shit. He's literally banned from Mountain biking. That is how dirty he is. Banned from cycling. Wrap your head around that one.

I've also heard from an Austrian friend that in smaller European races he has a car or motor cycle come out mid race for him to draft off of. My friend watched it happen, not me, but not more of a story than that.

Anyways, no one has any respect for him because he deserves no respect. He should never put on a number. Let alone continue to steal from clean athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also heard from an Austrian friend that in smaller European races he has a car or motor cycle come out mid race for him to draft off of. My friend watched it happen, not me, but not more of a story than that.

How many Pros go to smaller races and for what reason? Favor for the race director? How can someone have a personal drafting vehicle during the race when races are suppose to provide a lead vehicle? Didn't he already serve a triathlon doping ban?
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oprfcc wrote:

Yeah I all BS on that one....

He was part of a sport that you doped or you didn't have a job. He served his penalty. I understand many feel different, but then maybe you should take that up with WADA.

I personally think the sport is just as dirty as any other pro endurance sport (cycling, running, etc). I don't see much reason to believe different. Amazing how records have been smashed over the past year or two......must be the disc brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally think the sport is just as dirty as any other pro endurance sport (cycling, running, etc). I don't see much reason to believe different. Amazing how records have been smashed over the past year or two......must be the disc brakes.

-------

I think it's a sport that you can take advantage of because of the lightness on testing. But we don't have a ton of testing because we really don't have a lot invested into our sport because it's such a low $$ sport to begin with. We have really low level TV appeal and ITU is where the real olympic testing even matters. So long course (and really only LC events there are is IM events + some Challenge) is truly a sport that can be gamed by professionals, *if* they want too.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His performances are getting comical. He was a nobody for like the last 5 years and now he’s running Gomez level fast. Come on.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Michael Weiss [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Professionals should look in the mirror. If they really wanted a clean sport, they would do something meaningful about it

--------

and what meaningful action should they take?

Boycott?

Demand for better services?

Professionals especially at LC level have no hand. They have just enough to keep themselves in the game, but they have no bargaining chips, and that's what is needed in order to force change. Demanding change doesn't do anything if it's falling on deaf ears, which is what would happen.

eta: this isnt a major sport where the sport + athletes work together to make a great product. This is a low level money making sport where it's run by 1 organization that runs it as a business 1st, "fairness" 2nd. It doesn't act with the athletes on an equal footing. It acts as how it sees and then requires the athletes to follow. The athletes have no real bargaining strategy here, to even suggest other wise, you just dont get it.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: May 27, 18 13:23
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on that .....

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've followed weiss for a few years now. via instagra, via strava. he's been pretty transparent regarding his workouts.

i don't know him personally, but he's done a lot of training these past few years, and as an outsider i have seen some of the changes he's made in his training. as TG stated, he's also been looking scary lean....

he's always been a poor swimmer, so his focus has always been the bike and run. works for shorter distances. i don't see him ever doing well in kona because making front pack is so important.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't know him personally, but he's done a lot of training these past few years...i have seen some of the changes... he's also been looking scary lean....he's always been a poor swimmer, so his focus has always been the bike and run.

When you have to bend backwards to find a reason for his dramatic improvement, it's probably a sign you're looking in the wrong area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally love the sport but i am of the opinion that doping in triathlon is the same as in other endurance sports(running, cycling...) and i bet that if testing was as rigorous in triathlon you would see more athletes caught way more often. I also find it hypocritical for the pro community to gang up on weiss and huethaller for example, because they don't have a likeable personality, physique or whatever it is, but they sock up to beth mcenzie (who is actually serving a doping ban) because she is likeable?! or is it because they want to participate in races she organizes? accept sponsorship from her clothing line? what is it? they embrace her in the community... talk about double standards oh boy.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon wrote:
i've followed weiss for a few years now. via instagra, via strava. he's been pretty transparent regarding his workoutst.

I’m not sure if you are giving this as a reason to believe he’s clean, but I’ve neverunderstood how that justifies that a person is clean. I haven’t looked at his workouts but if he’s posting epic weeks, it would lead me to believe the opposite. And he’s a convicted doper so there’s that. Can we get another Weiss AMA thread?

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [hairypiernas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as very little to do with likable but all to do with owning to your mistake.

Beth apologized, was reconise as involuntary ingestion and was very upfront, apologiste, open to this issue. She also said she would not return to pro racing after this.

Wiess was refusing to talk about it, denial all evidence, and as not reconise is wrong and not apologized for them.

not even close to be the same....and for Wiess.... it was very serious cheating using heavy hitter technique.

no double standard here....some very clear different path

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hairypiernas wrote:
I personally love the sport but i am of the opinion that doping in triathlon is the same as in other endurance sports(running, cycling...) and i bet that if testing was as rigorous in triathlon you would see more athletes caught way more often. I also find it hypocritical for the pro community to gang up on weiss and huethaller for example, because they don't have a likeable personality, physique or whatever it is, but they sock up to beth mcenzie (who is actually serving a doping ban) because she is likeable?! or is it because they want to participate in races she organizes? accept sponsorship from her clothing line? what is it? they embrace her in the community... talk about double standards oh boy.

Fwiw Weiss has a super likable personality too but just might not be liked by some pros. I think Beth's is a little more about what she was popped for "Ostarine" and the fact that it was quite plausible that it was tainted supplements given the number of women being hit with the same positive. Hard to say since in general it seems like we (pro triathletes) are anti-confrontational to begin with.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: May 31, 18 9:38
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except she is racing next week, no?

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: May 27, 18 22:11
Re: Michael Weiss [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
then lets call it a culture thing....

but a quick survey of the pro athletes shows quickly how people feel about those two case. That speak volume.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Genuine question, does anyone really think you can be this lean all year round without being on some form of illegal substance?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
What’s this guy on, other than his running shoes busting his ass 6 hrs a day? Even other pros are outright calling him out.

Edit: he ran 1:09:28

I'm calling you out as a flog. What are you on keyboard warrior...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know who Beth McKenzie is so I cannot comment. But Huthaller got busted for EPO, attempted to bribe employees at the WADA lab to get her B sample clean (for which she actually got probation!) and after her ban admitted to testosterone use. Later in a slowtwitch interview that was supposedly her public apology she said she was treated unfairly by being blamed for taking T because while she thought it was T her drug dealer was actually giving her a fake. During her ban she announced she would never race again, but nope- she entered Miami 70.3 as her first race after her ban where she got her boyfriend to intentionally block the pro women's field until she caught up and then drafted him to the finish.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...70.3_Miami_3206.html

That is pretty serious shit.

And I have not dug up the thread but when people got all up in arms about a guy banned from cycling moving over to triathlon, Weiss agreed with Dan to start an AMA thread here to get it all about and rehabilitate his image. He refused to answer a single question about doping and was all bent out of shape about why people were not asking about his training or racing. It was a total joke. He was doing enhanced blood bags- really serious doping. He may have done his time and can legally race but we can make him feel unwelcome and put pressure on his sponsors (HED and Diamondback)

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: May 28, 18 3:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hairypiernas wrote:

I agree on Beth Mckenzie, unbelievable, the world believes her story because she is "friendly" Hope she doesn't stand on the podium at Cairns
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hairypiernas wrote:

I would agree with this. Forget about big sports where testing is a joke (NFL, Futbol, NBA, MLB, etc), but if we look at our little enclave triathlon just isn't tested to nearly as rigorous a standard as cycling. Doping is an issue in triathlon and because of the more lax testing, I suspect it allows for some rife cheating. Is Weiss clean now? I don't know and can't answer it. With the prevalence of different SARMs that aren't detectable, micro dosing EPO, TUEs and many more it is obvious our sport is as dirty as the rest. Oh yeah, blood bags still aren't detectable. Years ago we finally began to detect plasticizers, but do you think the cheats aren't still a decade ahead? Do we really feel like those amazing times coming out of the late 80s and 90s that held up for decades were clean? Give me a break. They just happened to coincide with the outbreak of the EPO and blood bag era. What's worse is the joke of a testing program. An athlete can cycle whatever drugs they want, miss two tests and we will never know. By the time the tester shows up again the drugs can clear their system, they have a cycle in them and they test fine. After 18 months those missed tests roll off their record and they can rinse and repeat. The worst part is we never know.

It is bad business for sport to nail their best athletes and I think all high levels sports are okay with having a flawed system.
Last edited by: turdburgler: May 28, 18 4:05
Quote Reply

Prev Next