Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [B DeVaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Under the front of the pr6 stem, there's a hole for routing the front brake cable, at least that's what I assume it's for. I've just taken ownership of one, but the LBS routed the cable directly to the aerobars.

Should the exposed cable run through the stem, or is there a noodle(?) of some kind needed? I ask because the cable housing currently on the cable looks too wide to fit. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [JackL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackL wrote:
Under the front of the pr6 stem, there's a hole for routing the front brake cable, at least that's what I assume it's for. I've just taken ownership of one, but the LBS routed the cable directly to the aerobars.

Should the exposed cable run through the stem, or is there a noodle(?) of some kind needed? I ask because the cable housing currently on the cable looks too wide to fit. Thanks!

This is a QR PR6 from 2017 Kona:

Hope it helps with your question.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, that's perfect! Also informs me that an omega X brake would look much more aero than the TRP T860 that I have :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [TNmp5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question on the 2018 PR6, specifically on how it steers. The bars turn very easily, to the point where for example I can't imagine running with it in transition held by the saddle. Whenever I move the bike it turns, when I got it the plastic on the fork already was scratched from hitting the frame. It's now at the stage where there's a small chip off the frame, and the fork gets stuck there.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible to tighten? Other than that I'm loving the bike!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If youā€™re on Facebook there is a good discussion on this topic in the QR Triathletes group
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [DanCT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan, not on Facebook but you got me googling. Turns out that the 2015 version tririg reviewed had an optional steering limit bolt for under the stem.

Now looking at stem specs on QR site, I can't see mention of it in either the gen 1.5 or gen 2 spec. Worse, I have the 1.5 stem in a 2018 frame (neutron) that I picked up in April. WTF! Will be making a call to the LBS as I'm getting pissed off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long FB story short - Yes, the Gen 1 stem has a bolt that limits movement. That bolt is not applicable to newer PR6, nor PR3 or PR5.

The newer PR6, PR3 or PR5 have a rubber device that stops the fork hitting the frame. However Iā€™m not sure how long it will last. QR do post actively on the Facebook group and say that most damage occurs when the bikes are placed on car racks and the wheel is left unrestrained to push right round. QR have sent people ā€˜stickersā€™ to protect the frame too.

Iā€™ve just had an issue yesterday/today (not this issue) and QR resolved super quickly via FB messenger.

Dan
Last edited by: DanCT: May 24, 18 13:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack
I copied and pasted the FB response from QR below:

ā€œ Hi all! We are very sorry to see this has happened! This is generally caused by transportation; loading and unloading of the bike in vehicles or when the bike is placed on hanging style trunk bike racks where the front wheel is not placed or secured in a fixed position, allowing it to turn freely with movement of the vehicle. The fork then rotates to a degree where sometimes strong contact is made with the corner of the frame. PRsix models with the Gen 1.0 stem do have an option for a limit screw that will limit how far the fork will turn and prevent it from making contact with the frame. The PRfive model does not feature the integrated fork and stem like the PRsix, so there is no option for installing a limit screw or Gen 1.0 stem. Alternatively, it does feature a thick piece of coating, similar to a screen protector, which is installed on all PRseries bikes from factory. Unfortunately, we have seen instances of this protector being worn through and then damage being caused to the finish of the fork. Weā€™re certainly happy to get you fixed up with a new protector and touch-up kit to restore the color if it has been chipped! Just send us an email to info@quintanarootri.com and mention this Facebook post!ā€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again :-). I don't have the rubber device, something to follow up on. In my case I have to take unreasonable care not to allow the fork to rotate when moving the bike. I never had to baby another bike in this way.

Edited - definitely have 1.5 stem after consulting Dan's article again and the QR site.
Last edited by: JackL: May 24, 18 14:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m putting the link to the FB group here for anyone in the future reading this thread:

Dan

https://www.facebook.com/...ps/1673865369373933/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2018 pr six disc and am loving it. I had a small problem with the front aero storage zipper and one email solves the issue with a fedexed replacement

Customer service is great. I got the pink neutron frameset and its super fast and turns heads.

The discs are exactly what you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to get a PR5 frame (maybe 2017 or '18) and build it up with my current components. Will be running Di2. Was watching some PR6 videos on youtube and it looks like Di2 junction box hides in a front cutout area on the top tube storage. Would you run the junction box on a Pr5 the same way?

Also how much nutrition can you fit in the long top tube storage option. I've got a Torhans bento x and can maybe get 3 gels and they are a pain to get out while riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can get 9 Cliff gels in the long version, but I donā€™t have any junction boxes in there (mechanical groupset)

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my PRfive built up and fitted by Ć  Bloc bikelab in Belgium.

Iā€™m a happy camper.

Last edited by: stevededoncker: Mar 28, 19 3:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New PR3 owner here and I have a question. When I apply the front brake and move the bike forward and back a bit, there seems to be a lot of slop in the steering stem/headset. I'm familiar with how to do it on a roadbike but this PR isn't set up the same and I'm not sure how to take that slack out.

The dealer is 3 hours away so I'm hoping to fix this myself. Can anyone recommend a video or a resource somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [w777h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
w777h wrote:
New PR3 owner here and I have a question. When I apply the front brake and move the bike forward and back a bit, there seems to be a lot of slop in the steering stem/headset. I'm familiar with how to do it on a roadbike but this PR isn't set up the same and I'm not sure how to take that slack out.

The dealer is 3 hours away so I'm hoping to fix this myself. Can anyone recommend a video or a resource somewhere?

It should be the exact same as how you'd do it on a road bike, no? PR3 just uses whatever normal stem you choose, correct? So loosen the stemp pinch bolts, tighten the top bolt as required to take out the slack, then re-tighten the pinch bolts to torque spec.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
w777h wrote:

It should be the exact same as how you'd do it on a road bike, no? PR3 just uses whatever normal stem you choose, correct? So loosen the stemp pinch bolts, tighten the top bolt as required to take out the slack, then re-tighten the pinch bolts to torque spec.

Yep, what he said. Changed the headset bearings in my PR3 recently, couldn't possibly be an easier bike to work on the front end.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [w777h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also check if the carbon expander sits snug and not totally loose in the steerer tube.

This guy does a better job of explaining that, than I do. Refer to the most important part as he calls it around 1:25

Some headset bearings use a sort of shim to fit well with the steerer tube. Google headset steerer tube compression ring. This is to remove any play before tightening the stem and other bolts.

Otherwise its just business as usual with the top cap and stem bolts. Use a torque wrench, PR3 has a carbon steerer.
Last edited by: stevededoncker: Apr 6, 19 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [TNmp5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a question -
I got my PR six last August and love it. I have heard of previous versions having issues with the fork contacting the frame when turned all the way left or right and there being an after market lizard skins piece to protect the fork. Well, mine came with an actual rubber stopper that is kind of part of the frame. Anyways, the little rubber stopper is falling apart, just crumbling.
1. I donā€™t know if this part if replaceable.
2. I ordered the bike online and donā€™t have a QR dealer within 100 miles
3. I donā€™t really want to fill out a full warranty form if this is like a 5$ part I can just pay for?

I did email QR but they just sent me a link to the sticker?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [Aaronr312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's on their website in the gear section. $10 fork protector kit

https://quintanarootri.com/collections/gear
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to replace the stock stem with an Aeria Ultimate on my PRFive2. I'm wondering if there another way to route the front brake cable thru the toptube then fork maybe? A la PRSix2?

Any manual I can refer to?

Thanks
Last edited by: Wassim: Aug 18, 22 9:36
Quote Reply

Prev Next