Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriRig Universal Brake Cover
Quote | Reply
http://www.tririg.com/...versal_Cover_Preview

We have been hard at work on a new Universal Front Brake Cover, and these are the first preview shots of our early pre-production samples. Please forgive the raw quality here. What this product does is mates the Omega X brake with our Alpha One aerobars (or even Alpha X and Sigma X), hiding all the hardware and cabling, turning your standard messy front end into an ultra-sleek one.

The new cover is designed to work on any bike with standard interfaces and standard head tubes up front, like this Orbea Ordu OMP. We don't yet have a compatibility list, but things like the Cervelo P-Series, Felt B-Series, and similar bikes should all work well. For now, enjoy the pre-production shots here. No ETA yet for this product, but we will have more info as soon as it is available!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: May 23, 18 7:53
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now just add a Torhans Aero30 to the front for the coveted 50:1 aero foil.

Steering stability: TBD

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
The new cover is designed to work on any bike with standard interfaces and standard head tubes up front, like this Orbea Ordu OMP. We don't yet have a compatibility list, but things like the Cervelo P-Series, Felt B-Series, and similar bikes should all work well.

I'm buying and building a P4 with TriRig bars, wonder if this hints at availability with older frames like the P4?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would not this be frame size dependent - as the size of the cover would need to match the length of the head tube?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: May 23, 18 10:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll probably get one and test it when it's released. My guess is drag neutral at best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should Open/Crowd Source this effort on Tinker..... Seems to be a number of talented CAD people on this forum....
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smart man. This one here got me the fastest bike split in the 40-44 age group at Choo on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Would not this be frame size dependent - as the size of the cover would need to match the length of the head tube?
It’s extra tall to fit any size frame. You just cut to the right height.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see. It is carbon fiber, right? I think that cutting it might be a bit too tall of an ask for the average Joe. Just a thought.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
BryanD wrote:
The new cover is designed to work on any bike with standard interfaces and standard head tubes up front, like this Orbea Ordu OMP. We don't yet have a compatibility list, but things like the Cervelo P-Series, Felt B-Series, and similar bikes should all work well.

I'm buying and building a P4 with TriRig bars, wonder if this hints at availability with older frames like the P4?

I wouldn’t use the cover on the P4. It’s head tube is so narrow and carefully shaped, adding anything in front will add frontal aera and affect it’s wonderful low yaw performance.

I contemplated running a Torhans Aero30, but when it was wider than the P4’s headtube.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'll probably get one and test it when it's released. My guess is drag neutral at best.

Having tested a few 3d printed parts like this I'd tend to agree. Slick looking but probably won't make things faster for bikes that are already fast and maybe/probably slower. It might help, might, make some crap bikes a touch faster.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 23, 18 10:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks slick but, personally, I'm not a fan of surface area in front of the steering axis.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:

Looks pretty good to me. A smidge wider at the fork crown, but not much.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is all I need for an integrated front end. Probably no aero difference but looks more finished than a 2-3cm section of mast below the base bar. I think most people would only need about 2-3cm for future adjustments....

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's your use case, then just set up the bar with 2-3 of its included aero-matched spacers below (assuming your position can accommodate that).

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pictures of the Aero Matched Spacers?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the gallery linked above, the Ordu is set up with one of those spacers beneath the bar. You can see lots more in the gallery on the Alpha One minisite: http://www.tririg.com/...one&page=gallery (most of the pictures there show the bar with one spacer beneath the bar).

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: May 23, 18 12:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:

But....this thing you posted is completely irrelevant to the product you are selling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does this get around the Ironman fairing rule? (Section 5.03 b) And not just this, but any of the 3D printed pieces that people have started making to fill in gaps on their bikes.

Section 5.03 b
Fairings are prohibited. Any device added or blended into the structure that may decrease, or that has the effect of decreasing, resistance to air penetration, or that may artificially accelerate propulsion, such as a protective screen, fuselage form fairing or the like, is prohibited; (DSQ)

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a brake cover so it also has the dual purpose of protecting the brake mechanism. A bit of a stretch, but might work.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
It's a brake cover so it also has the dual purpose of protecting the brake mechanism. A bit of a stretch, but might work.

So kinda like a “protective screen?”
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
TriRig wrote:

But....this thing you posted is completely irrelevant to the product you are selling.
It’s precisely relevant. Others were suggesting that brake fairings are aero neutral or worse. We found a very real benefit to Omni’s brake cover, which was the genesis of this new Universal cover.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohh, so even though it's not mentioned in that picture you tested the brake cover on all these frames you've mentioned the universal cover having compatibility with?

ETA: apologies for my awful sentence structure
Last edited by: jkhayc: May 23, 18 13:08
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Universal Brake Cover [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I am not asserting we have run wind tunnel tests with every frame combination and this cover. I am asserting that our previous testing with Omni showed a benefit from adding a similar cover.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next