Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's compatible.
When swapping cranks it's worth checking the bearings in your current bb anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [techeros] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
techeros wrote:

1. Power2Max, can you confirm the effective distance between these 2 devices?

2. Is there a unit of measurement standard of how strong the transceiver is in the Power2Max Type s model? (Does Ant+ have a signal strength unit of measurement?)

3. Will the transceiver in the new NG model be improved (as in greater distance of transmission) to prevent data transmission dropouts?

I just bought the type s for my small frame speed concept. I put my Garmin 820 on the aerobars just behind my shifters. I have been experiencing random "dropouts" of power and cadence on the display of my Garmin.

Dropouts meaning, the power and cadence disappears from the screen of the Garmin 820, randomly, several times while riding.

I installed a new battery on the power meter and I am showing that the battery on the power meter is good.

My Garmin 820 has the latest firmware update as of 12/4/16.

My gut says the distance from the Garmin and the Power2Max typs s meter is too far away from each other.

Was there ever an swer to this? I have a type S and notice some drops to a garmin 520 on an out front mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a failed firmware update of my NG ECO the LED constantly flashes green and no device will connect to it. I'm assuming the PM is now bricked?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
benb wrote:
After a failed firmware update of my NG ECO the LED constantly flashes green and no device will connect to it. I'm assuming the PM is now bricked?

The same happened to me with my NG. Had to send it in.

This app is joke, really.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [sryke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought so. I'll take it off the bike and put the stages back on. Not very happy. The Power2Max lasted 3 days. Its not as if I can pop into my LBS in the morning and get it replaced either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
benb wrote:
Thought so. I'll take it off the bike and put the stages back on. Not very happy. The Power2Max lasted 3 days. Its not as if I can pop into my LBS in the morning and get it replaced either.

actually, what happens if you remove the battery? With my NG recharging led to the blinking again. Perhaps the NG Eco behaves differently?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [sryke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Android device did you use? There's a new version of the app dated May 21, 2018 to "fix an firmware update issue on some mobile devices"
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [PSJoyce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a samsung tablet. Just updated the app and now it connects to the PM but the update fails halfway through, at the beginning of stage 2, saying “connection terminated by remote”. No other device can connect to the PM either by ant+ or Bluetooth. Tried trainer road on the same tablet, Garmin 520 and 920 and my iPhone and laptop. Nothing. LED still flashing constantly green and never goes to sleep. Tried Removing the battery and replacing but the LED just starts flashing constantly again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question, when you fire up the app, is the bluetooth already activated on your tablet? If so its likely the firmware update will fail. If andriod itself is paired to your meter, the app can’t update it. Therefore delete the meter from paired devices, turn bluetooth off then let the app turn it back on again and go from there.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Neila] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! that worked! Phew!

For all other users, remember the following:

MAKE SURE BLUETOOTH IS TURNED OFF BEFORE STARTING THE APP TO ATTEMPT A FIRMWARE UPDATE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a telephone number for p2m north america?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P2m NG and updated the firmware via the app. I am now getting readings of 9000 - 33000 watts. I have tried unpairing and repairing the NG from a Garmin Edge 820 and a Garmin Edge 520 but am still receiving high readings. What else can I change to have my NG read correctly again?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [nstearns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the fix for this is to turn off torque data using the app.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cdorcy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I need to connect to the NG again via the Power2max app to disable the torque data?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [nstearns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is my understanding, yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cdorcy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been able to update the firmware for the NGeco using an iPhone? I can get to the "Force Bootloader" screen and then just get a spinning circle. P2M support says I should get a screen that asks if I want to start the update but that has not happened. Waiting for more information from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [sboggs2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I just updated my P2M NGeco last night and went fine. Do you have the latest version of the P2M app, version 18.495

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i’m using the p2m app onan ipad.

installed the app last july when i bought my ng eco.

i updated the app last month with latest update. then updated the ng eco power meter firmware after.

both times update went fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, good to know. I am using the most current version and also tried using my iPad. Guess I'll just keep trying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the devices I tried using to update the NGeco were running iOS 12.1 and continued to get hung up in the middle of the process. Tried using an older iPhone still on iOS 11.4 and the update when smoothly the first time. Not sure if directly related to a bug using iOS 12 but might be worth a try if anyone else has a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i dont remember my version of ios when i applied the newest firmware but it’s possible i did it with ios 11.x
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two units of Type S since 2 years and i have always the same issue with the battery exchange: there is a small gummy ring inside and once you open the cap, replacing the ring on the same place is very tricky. The risk is that if you dont place it exactly as it was, water may leak inside and damage the contacts. this is really annoying and i think I started damaging one of the two because i see some oxidation happening because of water. Still battery works but sealing needs to be done with some extra tape on top.

my question is: in case it will be damage and not working anymore, can I just replace the spider of Type S (I have Rotor 3D+ with cranks) with the new NG? If yes, can you point me out the link to the exact model I should order? I am never sure which to pick on the website (Cervelo S3, model 2016).
Last edited by: Plissken74: Sep 2, 19 0:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's because you're putting the sealing ring on incorrectly! It's actually really, really simple: after you replace the battery, tighten the cap back on THEN put the sealing ring on! The ring fills the gap and makes a perfect seal.

DM
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a long time fully satisfied owner of a P2max S-type mounted on a Rotor 3d+ crankset.No issues at all. Now I'm switching from my old bike with BSA BB to a new BB 86 bike. My LBS installed the 4130 bearings in the frame but removed the lockring on the ND side, because, as they say, there's no room for it on the 86,5 mm BB. At first try the cranckset moves, while pedaling, from right to left at every turn. Please , what's the correct size of every spacer needed with BB86? Has the lockring to be removed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a Type-S power2max that I've been happily using for years. Recently handed it down to my partner to use and it was working for her until the battery went flat.
Installed a new battery and the light flashed green like normal but it won't pair with any of my 3 Garmins nor will it pair with her Wahoo. It's like the transmitter has failed or something.
Is there anything else I can do, any other diagnostics, that might reveal the issue? The cranks were only fitted a month or so ago so I don't really want to pull them off the bike and send them in (especially as it's definitely out of warranty). Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers, hip
Quote Reply

Prev Next