Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pickles?
Quote | Reply
I did a century ride today that was sponsored by a local club, and at each of the rest stops they had pickles out with the usual snacks (bananas, pretzels, cookies etc). Can't say I've seen this before, yet wondering what the benefit would be (is there enough salt in the brine?). I love a good pickle alongside a burger/sandwich, but doesn't seem like something that would be appealing during a long ride on a hot muggy day. Anyone here tried this before?

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Pickles? [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe an average sized pickle has roughly 700-800mg of sodium

Robert Dao
ATC Racing - Austin, TX
Gold's Gym Triathlon Coach
@speedao1
@daotraining
Quote Reply
Re: Pickles? [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess was it was for the salt, vinegar, and cramps and not for taste. It is the reason pickle juice shots have been around for quite some time. Personally I don't find either pickle juice or Hotshot to be particularly effective but each to one's own.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Pickles? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's for cramps, but interesting it's on a bike route. Those usually come out and are needed in long distance runs.

I personally go with mustard over pickle juice. They do the same thing, but mustard also contains turmeric and other healthy stuffs.
Quote Reply