Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerobars with narrow pads
Quote | Reply
Looking to clean up my older 2012 P2 and am looking at a new bar. Tririg seems awesome, but is a bit more than I had planned on spending. What are the other options for a slippery bar that has the possibility to put armrests very close? How is the adjustability of Zipp Vuka Stealth/aero? Don't mind second hand but would really like to spend less than 600$.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Last edited by: oscaro: Apr 24, 18 1:45
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars with narrow pads [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How narrow do you need?
Vuka Stealth/Aero can get down to 143mm but that is in one of the higher stack configurations (width and stack are codependent for that bar)
TR Alpha X can get down to 101mm with Ergo armrest
Most high end bars don't go particularly narrow.

If you're prepared to go for a clipon and need low stack - Profile Design Subsonic/Race/35a will go to 112mm (70mm wide extensions) and really lock your arms in. Could pair with a 38cm Svet V basebar to get some drop to the brake levers and minimise the round centre section.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars with narrow pads [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to be closer to 100mm than 200 at least.
Do you know how the zipp and tririg compare adjustability wise? My fitter has mentioned that ideally I would have a longer stem and more reach, but we have made it work although I am losing a lot on the aero front.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Pro Missile and you may be able to find one cheap on ebay.

http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2012_05_PRO_Missile_Evo_Aerobar&num=10
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars with narrow pads [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I had missed these! Seems like they can go 105mm which is great, and aerodynamics seem okay’

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to say that I have the 3T Brezza II Team bars on my Orbea Ordu are they are very narrow. I have the elbow pads set as wide as possible, and they are still narrower than most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a reason you specifically recommend the Svet V or is the Svet Zero 38 cm as narrow in the round section?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars with narrow pads [Eriko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eriko wrote:
Is there a reason you specifically recommend the Svet V or is the Svet Zero 38 cm as narrow in the round section?

I mentioned the Svet V because using very low stack aerobars with a flat basebar can make it feel like you are lifting a lot to get to the grips.
The centre section is the same for those two bars at 80mm on the 38 - which means you just squeeze in a stem ~40m and two aerobar clamps ~20mm each. So there is not much non aero section exposed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz, what do you mean by lifting a lot to get to the grips?

cyclenutnz wrote:
I mentioned the Svet V because using very low stack aerobars with a flat basebar can make it feel like you are lifting a lot to get to the grips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp clips get pretty narrow.
https://www.competitivecyclist.com/zipp-vuka-alumina-clips-evo-extensions?skidn=ZIP005X-LOWMOU-S110MMEXT&ti=UExQIENhdDpCaWtlIEhhbmRsZWJhcnM6MTo5OmNjQ2F0MTAwNDg5
Quote Reply