Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leanda Cave retires
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She was one of those top women for a long time and she had fallen off the last few years. Women's triathlon is seeing a changing of the guard much in the same way that men's triathlon has been going through the past few years. She can take pride in that she once outran Miranda Carfrae on the Queen K.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always liked her.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some strange reason, i thought of Rachel Joyce while reading this, they were from the same era. Is she retired as well? Haven't raced since Kona 2017
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her pre-Kona interview in 2013 on NBC had a really great quote which really resonated with me:

"I feel so much purpose doing this. I feel like I'm living my life by doing this"

Will always remember this.
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see Carfrae retiring soon too. That era is over. Ryf has won several in a row now. Usually that’s the case and a couple new young fillies come along. At this point I’m wondering who’s coming to dethrone Ryf.

quote aerobean]She was one of those top women for a long time and she had fallen off the last few years. Women's triathlon is seeing a changing of the guard much in the same way that men's triathlon has been going through the past few years. She can take pride in that she once outran Miranda Carfrae on the Queen K.[/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It certainly feels like Rachel Joyce is calling it a career as well. Also feels like Jesse Thomas is taking a victory lap.

The arrival of the next generation is shaking the foundation. Ryf isn't safe either, Lucy Charles is coming. Anne haug looks to be a force as well.

Call me crazy, but I bet gwen dips her toes if Olympic qualifying doesn't go as planned.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carfrae has zero chance of winning Kona again as long as Ryf and Charles are there. She could possibly still outrun the women's field but her swim+bike deficit is now insurmountable. What she was able to do in 2014 isn't going to happen again.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Always liked her.

Should have heard her speech at IMHI in 2013!

A bit of swearing, very likeable caracter!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I see Carfrae retiring soon too. That era is over. Ryf has won several in a row now. Usually that’s the case and a couple new young fillies come along. At this point I’m wondering who’s coming to dethrone Ryf.

quote aerobean]She was one of those top women for a long time and she had fallen off the last few years. Women's triathlon is seeing a changing of the guard much in the same way that men's triathlon has been going through the past few years. She can take pride in that she once outran Miranda Carfrae on the Queen K.
[/quote]
I believe Carfrae said she wants three kids so i doubt she will be going on much longer. I guess Kona 2018 may determine this, i doubt she wants to hang around if she comes in 10th or 11th!
Having said that, she looks strong so early in the season which is unusual for her. She is swimming and biking well too. Major test will be at Cairns! Hope she smashes it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Carfrae has zero chance of winning Kona again as long as Ryf and Charles are there. She could possibly still outrun the women's field but her swim+bike deficit is now insurmountable. What she was able to do in 2014 isn't going to happen again.

Yep thats the thing about Carfrae. She's a great athlete that has done incredible things.

However, what baffles me is she has done nothing, not been successful with, or her coach hasn't been able to improve her swim/bike. They have relied so much on her run and as dominate as it is and as incredible as her runs in Kona have been, she's now paying the price for bot building those up.

Unless her swim or bike improve, well really her bike since she can gain a lot of time on that I don't see her winning Kona anymore. Though she can still have a podium chance and might have some more incredible runs in her.

Man I wish TO could win one so bad but he might be in his last chance this year. But as we've seen on the mens side, its more about last man standing and many more males get blown up on the queen K, so while I don't think he is in his prime anymore, you just need to be the strongest on race day. I think he can still fulfill that role pending condition and how the race plays out this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Leanda Cave retires [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree, they rely solely on her run to be absolutely blistering.

On the TO side, I just don't see it and I have never seen it. I just don't think you can win Kona having never run 2:40's in Kona. The race is only getting faster and it just doesn't appear that TO has it. The only chance he has, which is extremely small, is to bike with Kienle and Sanders and have a magical run that he can outlast those two. TO coming into T2 with Jan, Javi, McNamee, Hoffman,etc.. is just not going to cut it. Too much talent in the field.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply