Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is it too early to speculate about 2019 bikes..? [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UKathlete wrote:
Thinking about a new toy next year...and starting to daydream about what's coming up.

I'm guessing disc brakes all round with new models from Trek, Specialized, Canyon & Scott..?

P5X doesn't really seem to be selling that well as far as I can see...so will they for down the Beam bike route, or the wheeled suitcase frame - with hidden compartments for everything..?

Personally, I'd just like something light, lean, nimble and slick looking but also adaptable. Probably more like the Canyon or Speed-concept. I for one have ZERO interest in disc brakes on a TT bike at this stage - I've spent more than enough on fast wheels lately.!

I would like to see the Di2 / Etap junction boxes nicely hidden, but accessible - perhaps on the down tube like the Cannondale Synapse for example?

What I'd really like to be able to do is to 'mould' my own aerobar extensions..!
P5X seems to be selling pretty well if Cervelo inventory is any indications.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Is it too early to speculate about 2019 bikes..? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
I wish you better luck with your Specialized prediction. I have thought there would be a new TT bike from them for probably 4-5 years. You would think being the first company to build a wind tunnel would mean there would be some emphasis on TT/Tri bikes, but that hasn't happened! Other than the Venge Vias, they don't really have much aero stuff that stands out in the market. The Shivs are based on a 7-8 year old design. Clothing is nothing spectacular. Helmets are good but not exceptional. I don't get it.

My one prediction will be that Trek adds IsoSpeed to the Speed Concept. Improved comfort for IM distance seems like a huge selling point to me.

The new Evade looks great! I'll get one next season. What's wrong with their clothing?

It takes a long time to develop bikes. Perhaps they were planning on disc brakes and wanted to hold out until the market started to switch.

Ya the Evade looks nice, but it is just kind of a refinement of the earlier generation, which I used for a number of years. I chose the Giro Vanquish replace it. I got a much better deal from Giro and just liked the helmet better.

Their skin suit is pretty expensive (500$ if I remember correctly) and kind of a joke given the all the really nice suits out there that pretty much universally test faster. Velotec for 150$. Bioracer and New Endura for 350-500$. Heck my custom sublimated BP 3.3 was 185$.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it too early to speculate about 2019 bikes..? [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would there be a new canyon speedmax in the making? On the verge of buying one, but not sure if I should wait for discs or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it too early to speculate about 2019 bikes..? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
It's definitely a Gucci item. I'm guessing one will be spec'd on the next top tier S-Works Shiv. Fingers crossed that they go with the "hybrid" approach where they take a UCI compatible frame and then bolt storage onto it to make it non-UCI for Tri. That would be a sensible approach as it would allow them to retire two moulds at once.

I would like to see it the other way round tbh..a non UCI frame (that 99% of people can use) with a way of converting it for UCI regs if needed. Of course, that would rule out beam designs and crazy shapes, But that doesn't really bother me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sort of Shiv is this?

https://www.instagram.com/...aken-by=islandsnow10

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it too early to speculate about 2019 bikes..? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the shiv tt, their uci legal setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Specialized headline that caught all the attention yesterday was the new Roval Disc and Disc-squared. But they also announced downmarket versions of the new style Tarmac Disc, supposedly now starting at $2500. Curiously, there was no mention of a cheaper rim-brake version of the latest Tarmac.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Is it too early to speculate about 2019 bikes..? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized will only offer rim brake framesets in 2019.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next