Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Weekly tests Endura Skinsuit
Quote | Reply
Looks like peak aero hasn't been reached for skinsuits quite yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p2U-yyhA8Y

If you didn't already have enough stuff to spend money on.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Weekly tests Endura Skinsuit [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For us mere mortals, the Velotec suit at a fifth of the cost makes a lot more sense. They just got a new shipment in, and they sell out fast.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Weekly tests Endura Skinsuit [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
For us mere mortals, the Velotec suit at a fifth of the cost makes a lot more sense. They just got a new shipment in, and they sell out fast.

I agree with you, but even at that price it is a better "bang for the buck" than a new set of wheels or a frame. A 7 or 8 watt savings would be pretty huge (You can probably tell I am trying to rationalize a purchase).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressive it's better at all speeds than two other very high end suits. (and if you compare to the data from their tests a few months ago, faster than a LOT of high end suits)
But on all riders?
Still a hard question to answer for the money. :/

I still think the future of getting significantly faster skinsuits is in things like Nopinz/Aerocoach have done with the custom trip suit, but that's unfortunately not available for us in the States.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a premium product, no doubt!
I wonder hoe fast a endura tri suit would test, not having the long sleeves. At 70.3 is ridden at around 42km/h so 5 watts gain versus noral tri suit would not be too bad either for the pros!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
once you rationalize it, you have to find one :) let us know how it goes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell me about Velotec sizing. I'm 6'2", 34" waist - seems I'm right at the top of XL. Any insights?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Weekly tests Endura Skinsuit [bigshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Email the folks at Velotec. They got back to me quickly and helped me pick out a size. We'll see when it gets here. They're in France, so remember the time difference.

Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Weekly tests Endura Skinsuit [bigshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fwiw I have an M in Castelli, Nopinz (Supersuit) Voler and Hincapie skinsuits, and a M Velotec fit well.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, the women's suits seem to run big. Girth wise I was an L according to charts. Velotec recommended M for torso length. M is still too big. Now I have to ship back overseas for a return....

Quote Reply