Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed vs vanity
Quote | Reply
Picked up a Giro Vanquish on crazy promotion sale. Grey with firechrome visor. Problem... I have a nagging feeling it looks stupid on me. But it's supposedly significantly faster than my Synthe. Try to return it? Or suck up feeling like I might look slightly douchy, in exchange for speed?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed vs vanity [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We all look like dorks. Nobody cares
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should just used to the shame. I really can't think of anything that makes me faster that I wouldn't wear, though that POC Tempor helmet that looks like you are wearing a Stingray on your head is close. Good thing I couldn't find one of those to test when I went to the Wind tunnel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No one cares what you look like. They're all too busy thinking about their own shit.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're worried about looking stylish, quit triathlon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you want to look stylish, go for the Cervelo P5x Lamborghini edition!

No honestly, do you think you look super stylish in a synthe? Because I feel stupid in my bike cloth no matter what the helmet, so I might as well go for the faster helmet =) Skip the Visor and take sunglasses instead if that makes you feel better
Quote Reply
Re: Speed vs vanity [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell you what, I will pay for you to send it to me. I will ride it. Then I will handle the shame of looking stupid and you will no longer have to worry about it. :)

Honestly, if someone gave me an obscene looking Yeti SB100, I would still race it. In a freakin hearbeat! A new Felt FS in neon pink with another hideous color? I would race it. And grin the entire time!

If someone makes comments about how you look, they better be faster than you.

Such first world problems we have...
Quote Reply
Re: Speed vs vanity [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should mention I’m on a road bike (sprints and draft legal this season)... I think that is amplifying the self consciousness. Somehow weird shit looks more forgivable on a tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed vs vanity [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
You should just used to the shame. I really can't think of anything that makes me faster that I wouldn't wear, though that POC Tempor helmet that looks like you are wearing a Stingray on your head is close. Good thing I couldn't find one of those to test when I went to the Wind tunnel.

Quote Reply
Re: Speed vs vanity [SankaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's... wow.

I sure hope he won!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed vs vanity [SankaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SankaCoffee wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

That's the one I was thinking about. Now that I think about it, didn't MTN (can't think of his real name) just set his National hour record wearing one of those? They look better at 52 kph.
Quote Reply