Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle position - Sitero to Cobb 55...
Quote | Reply
Can anyone who has used both tell me how they compare in terms of position over the bottom bracket?
I used to use a sitero on my trek SC, and the nose of that saddle was right over the BB.
With my new bike, Felt IA, I cannot get the Sitero that far forward, so trying to get used to the Cobb. I thought being a split nose type, it would be positioned further back, but for some reason, I find myself wanting to in fact have the 55 further over the BB than I used to ride the sitero.....I assume that is wrong, am I sitting on the 55 wrong?

I'm also finding the 55 is not perfectly flat. If I have the nose section flat or just slight down, the back of the saddle seems to ave quite the forward slant on it, so not great for moving around (sitero was great for occasional shifting around...)...

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle position - Sitero to Cobb 55... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For reference, I've done an IM in both. I went from Sitero to JOF55 mainly because I wanted more padding and a rail to support the front nose(ISM Prologue prongs shifted uneven on me). I found that the Sitero offered the ability to sit back on climb, like on a road bike. I had a Specialized Power on my road bike, so fit was similar. The JOF55 fits more like an ISM, so you don't use the rear of the saddle, only the front. If I sit back, then I start to chafe. Overall the JOF55 is more comfortable in aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle position - Sitero to Cobb 55... [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Can you tell me how you positioned the Cobb relative to the bottom bracket, compared to the sitero?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't have the exact measurements, but here are estimates from tip of saddle. 51 P3 w/Sitero 1" behind BB. 54 P5 w/JOF55 inline w/BB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, its going to differ person to person based on how each wedges along your bits, for me the sitero was 1cm forwrd of the cobb. roughly
Quote Reply