Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

DFW_Tri wrote:
Latest delays from a 12/28 purchase...I was in no rush so I didn’t care too much about the delay, and knowing the typical delays, I didn’t follow up as quickly as I might have otherwise done. And I paid for my patience with them as we all have.

That is terrible.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

Well I guess English isn’t important for their customer service reps.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

Grant.Reuter wrote:

ha ha yeah. How are these guys still in business? Maybe the owner is a millionaire and happy to run his business at a loss? Surely they're not making money.
Last edited by: zedzded: Apr 19, 18 19:57

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

zedzded wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

ha ha yeah. How are these guys still in business? Maybe the owner is a millionaire and happy to run his business at a loss? Surely they're not making money.

I seriously think this is Harvard Business Case material here. They seem to have no shortage of business despite a terrible reputation at least on here. Apparently, ST can build a business (see Hoka Thread) but we are very bad at taking one down.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
zedzded wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

I seriously think this is Harvard Business Case material here. They seem to have no shortage of business despite a terrible reputation at least on here. Apparently, ST can build a business (see Hoka Thread) but we are very bad at taking one down.

You'd think they would be getting very few return customers, 1 delay in shipment or issue people would just write them off. Plenty of other options out there.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

Who knew that when naming the company they were actually providing insight on the type of customer experience you should be prepared for....Love the Pain? (In very small text: You better, because that's what we intend to give you).

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [lutzman] [ In reply to ]

Exactly, it was there for all to see from the beginning: they are only talking about the pain to deal with them!

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]

I'm now dealing with this. The "Ben Haas" character told me on 3/31 that it would only take 2 weeks for my custom race suit. I paid $415 immediately. It's 6 weeks later and I cannot get an update from them. I need my suit soon for an upcoming HIM so I'm understandably getting pissed. Has anyone successfully received a charge-back after disputing the charge with their cc company?

Not loving this pain.
Last edited by: soposunset: May 15, 18 14:50

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [soposunset] [ In reply to ]

soposunset wrote:
I'm now dealing with this. The "Ben Haas" character told me on 3/31 that it would only take 2 weeks for my custom race suit. I paid $415 immediately. It's 6 weeks later and I cannot get an update from them. I need my suit soon for an upcoming HIM so I'm understandably getting pissed. Has anyone successfully received a charge-back after disputing the charge with their cc company?

Not loving this pain.

I’m not understanding-despite all the feedback in this thread you decided to buy from them anyway?

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [soposunset] [ In reply to ]

soposunset wrote:

Not loving this pain.

Uh...only buy LTP when you have 6 months to wait...4 months to forget about, 6 weeks of pain, 2 of being lost.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [dunno] [ In reply to ]

dunno wrote:
soposunset wrote:

Not loving this pain.

I’m not understanding-despite all the feedback in this thread you decided to buy from them anyway?

I kind of want to just to see what happens. It would be quite excited, not knowing when or if it will ever arrive. Perhaps I'll see some fat middle age guy modelling it on Instagram. That would be kinda cool.

zedzded wrote:
dunno wrote:
soposunset wrote:

Not loving this pain.

Lol classic!!

I kind of want to just to see what happens. It would be quite excited, not knowing when or if it will ever arrive. Perhaps I'll see some fat middle age guy modelling it on Instagram. That would be kinda cool.

soposunset wrote:

Not loving this pain.

Should be a slam dunk assuming you can provide the following
  • receipt that details the item ordered
  • if the receipt shows the expected time to manufacture (or you can pull this off their website)
  • if the receipt shows the shipping method and expected time from production to delivery (or you can pull this off their website)
  • proof that you in good faith tried to remedy the situation (emails, letters, trying to cancel your order, etc)

Card holders have the ultimate level of protection in a credit card transaction and the merchant has the least protections. Non response from the merchant is not an option in a CC dispute. The issuing bank files the dispute (helps the decision to file if you have all of the above), sends it to the card brand, who then sends it to the merchant's bank at which time funds are then transferred all the way back to your account and out of the merchant's account. It is then up to the merchant to respond to the dispute within X days providing proof of goods delivered if they want to challenge the dispute...which then goes to arbitration by the card brand. In most cases, the card brand sides with the card holder unless sufficient proof of goods delivered is provided.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Jason N] [ In reply to ]

Thanks. Yeah I saw this forum after I ordered and started noticing red flags.

Yes I have. No issue; cc company was great (capital one)

A buddy of mine (non-slowtwitcher) who I chatted with about this shot me a text after looking up his Linkedin. Apparently the owner has a degree in political science and government.

which explains why the way he runs his company is inefficient. It really all makes perfect sense haha

Feel bad for the guy in a way because start ups are super tough - but then again it doesn't seem he is righting wrongs or doing any process improvement

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [SankaCoffee] [ In reply to ]

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]

WelshinPhilly wrote:

hahaha that was a good movie

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

And now they are selling a $600 trisuit—yes $600!!!

That’s about a dollar for every day you will have to wait to receive the suit.

Oh wow, that's awesome. Not sure I love the nip mesh, but okay.

Of course you can pay more for name and logos, but they have an option to add a custom number....? Am I right in thinking that this would imply ordering the suit for a single-race use? Apart from the fact that, at least judging by the experience of people posting here, you'd never be able to get the suit in the time between knowing your race number and the race, do people really do this?

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [dand] [ In reply to ]

dand wrote:
Oh wow, that's awesome. Not sure I love the nip mesh, but okay.

Of course you can pay more for name and logos, but they have an option to add a custom number....? Am I right in thinking that this would imply ordering the suit for a single-race use? Apart from the fact that, at least judging by the experience of people posting here, you'd never be able to get the suit in the time between knowing your race number and the race, do people really do this?

I've never seen someone with their race number on their kit. There is no way they would print it, put it together, ship it to the wrong address, have the chubby dude model in it, ship it back to Cali, remove the shit stains from the fat dude, and finally ship it out to you before your race.

I believe the custom number they are talking about is something else, as it's only three digits in length.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [dand] [ In reply to ]

Pretty sure it's meant to be generic like a jersey number to give it some sort of jersey/pro team style.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]

Looks like one can "rush" production up for an extra $125 fee. "Guaranteed" to be completed in a week, HA.
Figured I'd bump this thread up.
They're BBB rating sucks balls too.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [BradleyAM13] [ In reply to ]

They haven't been putting out anything I'm interested in of late...and their business still sucks. But you know, killing it on instagram!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

Add me to the "Don't buy from this company" list.

Ordered a t-shirt, took 3 months to get and then the print was off center.

Order the tiger training briefs, Took ~14 weeks and then they didn't even print the logo on it..... could of just bought a tiger striped bathing suit on Amazon for a quarter of the price. I filed a dispute with paypal and won. Then got an angry email from Ben and explained why I filed the dispute with no response.

Super unfortunate because I actually like the look of their stuff and I wanted to support a US Company but I won't give these guys another cent. Instead of fulfilling orders they are dumping money into an agency running their instagram account, must be working from the looks of it.

Prev Next