Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see some cool new bikes coming out. As a former Softride Rocket TT rider I like these new designs. I wish you well with it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kirk- Now that you've had the bike a couple months, how do you feel about it? Still in love? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [AC$] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOVE. IT. seriously. best bike I have ever purchased and raced on. In the past I spent a lot of time training on a road bike because my tri bikes weren't as comfortable but with this bike I ride it 95% of the time. sent you a PM.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post some pics of it! Edit: I just remembered you did in the previous pages

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 18, 15 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread. New to ST and contemplating buying a Ventum One to upgrade my TT bike. Does anyone have any thoughts/comments now that these suckers have been in the "wild (i.e. AG)" for a bit?

would love to hear any feedback
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
I keep thinking the frame might grow on me but its just not pleasing to my eye.

I saw Alicia Kaye's bike in person last year. FWIW, it's a much better looking bike in person. It doesn't photograph well for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
also looking to find out if any owners have used the Ventum on a Kickr trainer? Ventum (on the thread they started) said no to traditional trainers, but unclear if a kickr would classify since you're on a cassette.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [evian02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess the answer would be "no". You're probably restricted to trainers like the Omnium, KK Rock n Roll, and rollers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You still have the same forces acting on the bike. You need a trainer where the rear is not locked for a Ventum.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reached out to Ventum regarding the trainer issue and here was the response i received back. It appears there is no issue using a traditional trainer despite the initial reservations expressed by Jimmy Seear on ST:

Actually, the Ventum One can definitely be used on the Kickr trainer for training and testing power. Many of the forums confuse the Ventum with beam style bikes such as Falco and Dimond which are not warrantied for trainer usage. As it is a direct rear mount, you should have no problems with the Ventum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using my Ventum on a Kickr for the past 4 months or so with no issues. Love the bike, love the Kickr, love it all! Happy to try to answer any other questions I can. Just had my first race on the One yesterday at Puerto Rico and was really blown away by the bike's performance. Of course I've ridden it a bunch in training, but you just never know what to expect with the first race of the season, and I was very happy with everything- hydration set up, fit, feel, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@triBy3 would love to see pics of people's Ones and what they're doing with them. i hope to upload some here soon. also, what was your set up for PR 70.3? Did you utilize the integrated bottle? from there, you have anything on the seatpost/in aero - more bottles, repair kits, etc.?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My bike is on the left, a client's bike is on the right. Both bikes are pretty much in race mode in the pic.

I have an XLab Gorrila XT cage on my TriRig Alpha X bars and I rode with all of my nutrition in a small bottle there (concentrated bottle of chocolate Generation UCAN). In the integrated bottle I started off with Nuun and grabbed one water bottle as a refill at the second aid station (around mile 25). The only thing not pictured on the bike was my spare kit. I had a tube, CO2, chuck, and lever all rubber banded together then velcroed under my saddle, above the rails. I rode with a Firecrest 808 front and CC disc, with Vittoria G+ tires (23mm).

My client, who is a little less trusting of his tire integrity than I am, rode with a spare bottle behind his seat that had two tubes and two CO2s in it. He also rode with the XLab Torpedo up front. He doesn't use UCAN, so he affixed a few gels directly behind the integrated hydration refill port for the race.

I'll be racing Ironman South Africa in just a few weeks and will have a nearly identical setup for that race. The only difference is I will likely switch to a Torhans. I like having a bottle up front and being able to check the amount of fluid I have level in my nutrition bottle, but running my pads in a narrow position meant that the Gorilla cage gave me these horrible friction burns on my forearms. Bearable for 56 miles, not happening for 112. Oh and the bike will have a very different paint scheme as Ventum's in house painter is working on something pretty loud for me. I'll also add the CeramicSpeed OS jockey wheels and chain.

Let me know if you'd like any more specific photos or have any other questions, I'm always happy to talk about bike and racing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love to see the growing number of Ventum owners sharing their experiences on ST.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [JimmySeear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Jimmy, for being available to the forum.

LOVE my VENTUM!

It rides rock solid and fast. Have had mine now for about four weeks and love every minute on it. If you must ask about how fast, my answer is not really expressed in actual numbers since so many factors vary from ride to ride (group/draft, temp, humidity, wind, etc.). I think the best comparison for me was riding the exact 100mile course on my old bike (Sworks Transition) to the new one (Ventum) in one zone lower (z2 now instead of working harder for the same time/effort in z3).

Config: Changed out the cockpit to TriRig Alpha X, riding wireless (eTap), no compatibility issues

Originally found the water bottle thumb screw a little archaic (as in could be implemented better) but it works just fine.

Do you have a recommendation how to clean the frame best to keep its full matte stealth look?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [DeeJott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive lost 2 thumbscrews. Both worked their way loose. My roads suck.
I zip tie it now and cut it after the ride.
Works perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike! The Knight wheels look good on it.

I've had a bunch of Ventums come through my studio now and have had a few months to figure out cleaning my own. My go to solution is Simple Green Bike Cleaner. Spray it on, it foams up a bit, then just wipe it off.

The oversized tubing on the Ventum makes it easy to just go at it with a rag and solid cleaning agent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you are loving your Ventum and hitting the same times with less effort!

You bike looks bad-ass with those wheels and bars.

For cleaning the bike Greg had a great suggestion or I clean my bike first with de-greaser then warm soapy water. Finish with oil the chain and wood furniture polish the frame to keep it clean.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBy3 wrote:
I've been using my Ventum on a Kickr for the past 4 months or so with no issues. Love the bike, love the Kickr, love it all!.

Great to know that the Kickr is a solid fit.
Anybody ttied their Ventum on a TacX Neo Smart trainer? Looking to get that trainer (W2017, second gen) due to it being less noisy than the Kickr but looking for confirmation prior to committing to such an expensive (and heavy to ship back and forth) trainer. FWIW, I ride the 58cm frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I can confirm the Tacx neo 2017 version fits / works fine with mine (51).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ventum owners I need some help. I bought a Ventum Z earlier in the year through the trade-up program. I am doing my first international triathlon in October. Doing Challenge Aruba. I have never shipped a bike before. Anyone have any case recommendations or services who would ship international? Thanks for any help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got my Ventum One last week and built it over the weekend. Due to work schedule this week, I only got 3 rides in so far. This is our second Ventum One in the family (my wife bought hers last year).

From the testing done by Slowtwitch members, it's not the most aerodynamic bike (although it's not far off...), but to me, the biggest benefit is the comfort and stiffness. Broken/rough pavement is not a problem at all. Somehow it manages to isolate you from the crappy road without loosing road feel. As to stiffness, I used to be a sprinter when I was younger and can still crank out some peak power. The Ventum doesn't flex, so everything just propels you forward. Prior to this, I have a BMC TM01, which is a pretty darn good frame. On the roads I ride, I commonly had to sit up on rough pavement as it just beat the heck out of me, not so with the Ventum.

Another aspect that's important to me, it's very easy to work on and our preferred Campy EPS fits without any problems what so ever. Battery nicely tucked in the frame, the charge port right behind the stem and easily accessible, all connectors fit through the frame without needing to modify.

In terms of handling, it feels like riding my road bike (Pinarello F8 if that matters). Handling is quick, but not twitchy. For descends, the Ventum tracks really nicely and you can sweep through corners with confidence.

All in all, so far I really love this bike.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [tsrf900r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have any clearance issues on the non-driveside chainstay? Mine is rubbing against the frame of the Neo. Some paint has alredy come off the frame of the Ventum
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [jimmyh49aus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimmyh49aus wrote:
Did you have any clearance issues on the non-driveside chainstay? Mine is rubbing against the frame of the Neo. Some paint has alredy come off the frame of the Ventum

Just move the bike forward a bit so that the Neo quick release is further back in the horizontal dropouts and it will work fine. I’d been using mine for 2 years like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [tsrf900r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, I am in the same situation. Ventum One Di2 Dura Ace on a Tacx Neo trainer. I was wondering if you needed to use any adapters, etc. How is the fit in general and by the rear brakes, any picture you can send or post appreciated. Thank you
Quote Reply

Prev Next