Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 7 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
not sure what my goals are this week... swim 5x, get back on the bike.

Goals met! 5 swims (3275 yds), 2 bikes (42.3 mi), 6 runs (41.6 mi). Note bike miles > run miles!

I did a nice job alternating easy running with fast running.
Goals this week: give blood (tried twice last week and my iron was a hair too low both days, so I got a multivitamin and have stopped drinking tea), swim 5x, ride 2x, day off from running.

I fly home Friday evening :-)

hope everyone is doing well and has a good week.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC I hope your iron levels come up so you can give blood!
SLO - where are you, how did Wildflower go?

My week went pretty well except for my Sunday ride. I had spent Friday - Sunday in a Critical Incident Stress Management course and three days of role-playing and dealing with "trauma" left my brain fried. I stopped the ride, had a nice dinner with some wine and went to bed at 8.30pm. I feel much perkier this morning :-)

My plan
M: swim (done) + run
T: trainer ride
W: swim + run
Th: trainer ride
F: swim + run
S: rest
S: bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, excellent job getting those bike miles in and good luck with your Iron.

My goals for last week came from my new coach:

Quote:
3 swims (only 1 ocean), 3 or 4 bikes (2 trainer), 4 runs (but low mileage and mostly easy) strength, PT, and yoga. I'm excited to start something new.

Everything went fine and I completed all the workouts for 20 miles run, 70 biked, and 8500Y swum. Overall, it was a little more volume than I'm used to but more of it was low intensity. The exception was the bike, my trainer rides were shorter but tougher as I settle into training with power. My favorite workout of the week was biking part of the St. George 70.3 course -- it was absolutely beautiful climbing in Snow Canyon and I hiked after too. I'd love to race St. George 70.3 in the future, I had fun weekend cheering and sherpaing for friends who raced. It got me excited for my 70.3 next month too.

I think the bones of my goals will be the same every week for a while: 3 swims (only 1 ocean), 3 or 4 bikes, 3 or 4 runs, strength, PT, and yoga. my new coach is remote so I'm interested to get his feedback on how the week went and how we'll progress going forward. So far, so good.

How was Wildflower, SLO? It looked HOT.

Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a bad week considering I had more oral surgery and allergies here have been horrible (I am now on day 3 of laryngitis and have been soooooo tired).

Workouts for the week:
Mon. More oral surgery
Tue. Strength workout
Wed. Swim 1,700 LCM
Thur. Strength workout
Fri. Swim 1,400 SCY
Sat. Bike Zwift 11.5 mi
Sun. Yoga 1:15
Total time 4:57

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to MD and DC last week, really boring week, helped out with local Tri shop’s transition clinic Saturday.
This week back to work & cleared to drive...first day back today and I’m exhausted. Anxious to get back to working out next week.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDCali, glad things are improving for you.

Quote Reply