Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
http://road.cc/content/news/241315-giro-ditalia-stage-1-tom-dumoulin-takes-win-and-early-lead-jerusalem

The Dutchman takes the win on a trinity!

He looked very solid, sort of made it look easy, even though I'm sure it was not even for him.

Tom's position is something I'm trying to figure out... How does he engage the core and bend his lumbar area like he does, yet still take full deep breaths to generate power efficiently? One of my friends does this on his TT bike also and was explaining to me the other day that you breathe from the lower/rearward area of your lungs while engaging the core. I don't get this at all, no idea how to do it without restricting diaphragm function and limiting breathing volume. Do you have any insight on Tom's position in this area? He's so lean, you an see it clearly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a secret, magic method for tightening a stock Shimano bar end shifter in place in the extension tube?

I didn't build this bike originally, and little by little, I've been going over the entire bike, changed the cockpit fit completely, but kept the stock Shimano SL-BSR1 shifters (shop installed the Vuka 110 extensions for me). Ever since the new extensions were set up, my right/rear shifter body has been loose; I can pull it forward about a half inch. Tried securing the stalk of the shift body assembly inside the extension tube with some teflon tape, but it's not working at all. Looking at the shop diagram found online, it looks like the shifter body securing bolt gets installed/tightened before the shift lever and cable gets installed...so I'm thinking I may be screwed (no pun intended) and may have to take the shift lever off, the cable out and re-install the whole darn thing...is that correct? Or, is there some way to tighten the body fixing bolt without disassembly?

Edit: Decided to take the shifter apart to get to the body fixing bolt. Oddly, if I tighten the bolt, it pushes the shifter out of the tube further, and if I loosen it, it allows it to be pushed back in flush--but it's still loose. Something's amiss. Back to the shop I go.
Last edited by: Super D: May 6, 18 16:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no clue man. When I get all crunched over like that, I can't breathe either.
I'm try out a dash saddle to rotate around more. It gets me to stretch out and a little lower. I can breathe fine, but have a hard time holding it. I will get a few more rides on it and revive my fit video thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...I remember taking out the shifter that either one or both were reverse screwed in. This was di2, though.

They fit super snug in both the stock bars and new profile design ski bends.

Good luck at the shop. Hopefully they fix it and tell you what they did.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have a guide for the headset? More specifically in what order the bearings and compression rings go onto the steerer tube. I’m thinking when I put my build together I did so incorrectly.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
I have no clue man. When I get all crunched over like that, I can't breathe either.
I'm try out a dash saddle to rotate around more. It gets me to stretch out and a little lower. I can breathe fine, but have a hard time holding it. I will get a few more rides on it and revive my fit video thread.

There must be some info perhaps in the fitters section here on ST? Curious about the logic (and physiology) behind that bent lumbar area and core engagement. Seems counter to everything I'm doing now. I'm trying to keep mid-section loose to allow full, easy breathing.

As for saddles, I'm on my third one in four months, lol. Started with Tritone, then ISM PR 2.0, now Spesh Power Arc 143. The Arc saddle felt like a great solution, until I re-config'd my entire cockpit fit to be more aggressive...now the saddle doesn't feel so friendly. Going to dial the nose angle down 1 or 2 degrees and see if that improves things. Funny, I thought I'd be able to ride the saddle farther back than the on the first couple inches of the nose...and I was before I lowered the front end more, but now I'm riding the nose and in an overall more aggro position which feels right in terms of balance throughout. I just need to get a more comfy nose to perch on, which is similarly narrow and lets the legs move without any drag on the thighs or sides of the magic goodie bag. :D

First will dip the nose and see if A) it increases comfort in the nethers, and B) if it increases tension in the arms to keep me in place on the saddle (no bueno).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how deep the box rims are on the 2016 GTA Pro 2? I am measuring them at somewhere between 27-30mm and I had one bike shop tell me 27 and another tell me 30.

I am asking because I want to order and aero jacket cover for the rear wheel as I am not seeing any good used wheel sets on sales under $400. I may just try to buy a 40-60 for the front to go with the aero jacket for the time being.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

These pictures are of my 2017 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro base bar. I have noticed these scratches/cracks and am wondering if anyone has a view as to if they are simply scratches in the clear coat or a structural crack in the carbon. I would be interested in any thoughts.

Perhaps others have similar "marks" which they have determined to be scratches (perhaps by having them inspected by a carbon expert etc.)

Also, does anyone have a view as to if catastrophic failure is even an issue with this type of carbon bar. Is the construction such that this thing is so bloody strong that there is basically no chance that it will simply snap clean off while riding. Given the way that carbon is woven together it does seem pretty unlikely that it can just crack off without warning, but I want to be safe. I thought i would ask the questions.

Thank you in advance for any input.

First 2 are left side, which i am most concerned with. Last one is the right side.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sail is a different size depending on frame size. My XL bottle is way bigger than the one that comes on the medium frame. Bet giant would sell you one. My shop offered to get me one.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Tri Dogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Dogg wrote:
Hello,

These pictures are of my 2017 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro base bar. I have noticed these scratches/cracks and am wondering if anyone has a view as to if they are simply scratches in the clear coat or a structural crack in the carbon. I would be interested in any thoughts.

Perhaps others have similar "marks" which they have determined to be scratches (perhaps by having them inspected by a carbon expert etc.)

Also, does anyone have a view as to if catastrophic failure is even an issue with this type of carbon bar. Is the construction such that this thing is so bloody strong that there is basically no chance that it will simply snap clean off while riding. Given the way that carbon is woven together it does seem pretty unlikely that it can just crack off without warning, but I want to be safe. I thought i would ask the questions.

First 2 are left side, which i am most concerned with. Last one is the right side

That does not look good.. However I have noticed that the basebar paint scraches easily. In your case it looks like some sort of crack due to tourqing the extension screws too hard. If you put pressure on the basebar does it flex or make strange noices?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how deep the box rims are on the 2016 GTA Pro 2? I am measuring them at somewhere between 27-30mm and I had one bike shop tell me 27 and another tell me 30.

I am asking because I want to order and aero jacket cover for the rear wheel as I am not seeing any good used wheel sets on sales under $400. I may just try to buy a 40-60 for the front to go with the aero jacket for the time being.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My shop just told me Giant is back ordered on the hydration system until August (at least for the medium size). I was trying to get a replacement system since I broke the top triangle of mine when it went flying off due to the wheel catching the bottom piece of the system on a bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Dogg wrote:
Hello,

First 2 are left side, which i am most concerned with. Last one is the right side.

I've noticed those scratches as well on my base bar. Thought they were cracks at first, then realized they were scratches from mechanic not being careful and hurrying. But definitely do what the other response said, flex the bar and listen for creaks or other sounds from that area and see if the scratches change width (hope not!)..
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know my local shop has systems. Call Philadelphia Bikesmiths. Buy a few things and have them ship it along to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like scratches, when my base bar cracked and was replaced it looked more fractured with multiple cracks running from the main crack.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [owainmatthews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you to all who commented.

I put some good weight through the bar this morning and there was no apparent widening or sounds from the bar, which was comforting.

This will be very hard to explain but i'll give it a go. The way the base bar is build, there is actually an inset portion where the spacers bolt through. Therefore, it would appear that the part of the bar that is under tension is not actually on the top of the bar, where that "scratch" is. The part of the base bar that is under tension from the spacer bolts is deeper" into the carbon closer to the middle / core of the bar. This also give me comfort that the marks are more likely not structural, as it now seems unlikely for that particular area to have been affected by over-tightening. Happy to hear other opinions.

At this stage, I think they are scratched in the clear coat, however, I will keep an eye on them and, comparing to my photos, monitor for any change.

Cheers
Last edited by: Tri Dogg: May 10, 18 18:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just wanted to try again and see if anyone might be breaking apart their front end anytime soon. basically just hoping to get some help on the order of the headset, bearings, etc. thanks all!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In terms of the actual frame is there any differences in the weight/stiffness across the range?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it’s not in the manual that i have unfortunately
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
Why don't you use the manual?

Do you have a link for a more detailed manual than this: https://wiki.geant.org/...103449196&api=v2

It is the best i have found, but does not have that info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the one. I guess it isn't that detailed actually...:/

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

my first post here as I've started assembly of my new giant trinity advanced pro tt. From the start, I should acknowledge, there was no detailed instruction despite that one that I could find in the Internet.

Can you please advise, if the Di2 battery support set (the one that fits into the seatpost) should come with the frameset or should I somehow get it separetely?

Another question is I can't get the seatpost clamp be perfectly aligned with the frame. There's a small portion of it protruding out of the frame, therefore rubber cover does not fit will. Did some of you deal with this issue? or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by: vassiliyg: May 14, 18 20:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you like the base bar inverted like that? I think I might like the additional comfort when i'm taking a break off the aero bars while training...
Last edited by: Tri Dogg: May 15, 18 0:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Dogg wrote:
How do you like the base bar inverted like that? I think I might like the additional comfort when i'm taking a break off the aero bars while training...

Comfortable just like you’re thinking, for taking it easy in between stints on the aero bars. Also didn’t think about it before, but it also brings the brakes slightly closer, may be faster in an emergency perhaps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next