Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the Alpha X bars on their P5? Are they compatible? Any feedback?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it. Also running their brakes.

I’ve 3d printed a fairing to match the bars and brake like the stock setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you can post a few pics
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll do it later. I can never get it from my phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are a great fit.

They especially work well when paired up with the Torhans Bento X top tube storage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll post up a couple of mine later. If you have a P5-3 then it’s an easy swap. If you have a P5-6, you either have to ditch the hydraulics OR do a ton of custom work. I chose the latter :) if you don’t mind extensive drilling and grinding, you can run the Alpha X with the P5-6 hyradulucs and fairings.

Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to some pictures. I've tweaked the fairing a bit more, nothing crazy just more refined. Really happy with it.

I'm tweaking the bento. I haven't found a solution that I'm quite happy with yet. Trying some new materials next as I think the rubber might make for a nice 'hard' cover. And incorporate a magnet as a latch. Project is next in line...

I also threw a picture of a bento I made for my buddy's Ventum because that top is probably what I'm going to go to on mine once I tweak it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PrPAVg48ij-puO5Aff5lg8sS31nLAFk2?usp=sharing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is beautiful!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Now just needs a paint job to pull it all together. But if I start that project I think the wife would kill me. In the fall maybe.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would Alpha One allow for the magura hydraulic brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
Would Alpha One allow for the magura hydraulic brakes?
Yes! No issue routing hydraulics.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They work perfectly on a P5 with Magura brakes.

You should also grab a Torhans BentoX, it's a great fit with that combo as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
Thanks. Now just needs a paint job to pull it all together. But if I start that project I think the wife would kill me. In the fall maybe.
that looks brilliant congratulations. Would you consider selling a copy presuming you are able to print more? I've a 51 so presumably a shorter head tube but nothing a dremel couldn't fix.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d sell you one. I can just adjust the height by the differences in head tube height between our sizes.

Shoot me a PM.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
You should also grab a Torhans BentoX, it's a great fit with that combo as well.

Isn't the BentoX a little too wide for both the frame and the Stem? Not sure if one or two mm each side make it an aerodynamic disaster, but as far as I know it doesn't fit 100%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I had a better picture but here is my P5 w/Alpha X installed. No modifications at all. There is a hole in the Alpha that allowed me to bolt the Cervelo beard holder thingy to it. If you need to use Cervelo spacers you may need to buy a longer beard. I no longer have this bike otherwise I'd take some better pictures for you. Moved to a P3 as it's much easier to travel with (no hydraulics).

Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would fit a little better with some parts from an Omni for sure, but it is plenty close to provide a clean transition.

Unfortunately, those parts can't be purchased outside of an Omni at this time, but should be in a few months.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha X and Cervelo P5 [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I’ve 3d printed a bento that matches the frame in a very clean manner but based on some wind tunnel testing the bento hugging the stem and top tube didn’t mean a whole lot. My taleaway (without going back and looking at data) was it was more aesthetics than aero.

That said we did limited tests as it was “hey we have some time left” rather than a targeted thing we wanted to test.

We tested the speed concept gen 2 bento vs my perfectly matching bento.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interested in this. I sent you a PM
Quote Reply