Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were to get my legs rested-ish for a half marathon on Sunday, and to bike twice and swim 5x. Sort of, no, and yes.

M: 6.7 mi run + 525 yd swim + 30 min stairmaster
T: 5.2 mi run + 875 yd swim + 1625 yd swim
W: 3.1 mi run + 825 yd swim + 4.5 mi run
T: 4 mi run + 1125 yd swim
F: 4.1 mi run + 775 yd swim + 4.2 mi run
S: very easy 45 min walk
S: half marathon, 1:54:42

I got out of the race what I wanted, which was to run a big city race (it was the OKC half). :-) I liked having all the spectators and super funny signs.

not sure what my goals are this week... swim 5x, get back on the bike.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens!

Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik -- congratulation on your race. What the funniest sign you saw? I always chuckle at "Worst Parade Ever."

Last week's goals were:
Quote:
3 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs, strength, PT, and yoga class.

I ended up catching a cold, having a work tornado, and not getting anywhere near enough sleep -- I did 2 of everything instead of the 3 I'd planned and no strength. So it goes.

This week, I'm starting with my new coach so my goals came from him. It appears to be low intensity, getting to know you stuff -- 3 swims (only 1 ocean), 3 or 4 bikes (2 trainer), 4 runs (but low mileage and mostly easy) strength, PT, and yoga. I'm excited to start something new.

I hope SDcali is feeling better and that everyone has a great week of training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did see a "worst parade ever" sign!
I liked "motivational sign" and "you thought it said rum, didn't you?"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Women!

I am FREAKING out. I have Wildflower on Saturday and I've never been so unprepared, and it is going to be 85 degrees. Oh well. I shall find out how unfit and fat I can be before it is too much to finish. My goal is to make it across the finish line and NOT walk my bike on any hills. That said, I'll surrender my ego before I DNF, so if walking my bike is how it is done... well... all I can do is hope that the race photographer is not nearby. Oh boy....

Otherwise, an okay week. I had so much going on, but was able to get my core workouts in, albeit brief workouts.

Hoping the rest of you are healthy and happy! Rock on, Women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What made you change coaches SoCal?
Dr TC - nice work on the HM; enjoy your swimming and biking this week.
SLO - I'll be rooting for you. I'm sure it won't be as dire as you fear! (How bad are those hills anyway?)

Any recommendations for BTA/bento/behind the saddle cages for a P3? I asked on the main forum but thought I'd ask the womens as well.

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Calgary 70.3, mainly because the price goes up this week and I'm cheap. 13 weeks to go.

Last week went well but I was pretty tired; I was on call every night except Friday night and the entire weekend as well. It's certainly a new experience for me being the officer on call and the call-outs have left me a little sleep-deprived. I was really happy to see my long run get up to 80 minutes - my longest in several years.

This week (thankfully a recovery week) I've had to shuffle the swims around as I'm on a course at the end of the week:
M: swim + run (both done)
T: trainer ride + swim
W: swim + run
Th: trainer ride
F: ride + run brick
S: rest
S: bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing better, still not cleared to drive or return to work until next week. No exercise for another 2 weeks. Over did it a bit today going to local mall to get new phone and replace damaged sunglasses. Went to MD & DC today, felt good to get adjusted.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning, ladies! It always makes me happy to read about the amazing things you all are doing. Kicking butt and taking names at triathlon and life. ; )

I had an OK week. I haven't been sleeping well (maybe now that it is finally warmer the allergens are coming out?) and fatigue hit me hard on Saturday. I forced myself to go to do my PT exercises at least but that was all the exercise I did all weekend. A couple easy trainer rides, some PT, some weights, no swimming or yoga though. We did celebrate my mom's birthday and make it to the Velodrome again (we saw two wipeouts this time!) so I wasn't a total hermit. I also got recertified for first aid and the AED -- hopefully that is something I will never need but I feel slightly more confident I won't be useless in an emergency.

Dr. T, congrats on your race! I always like the signs referencing pop culture or current events... "You're running better than the government" always makes me chuckle, Grumpy Cat, etc.

Hope you are feeling better, SoCal and SDCali.

Good luck on Saturday, SLO! And congrats on signing up, Scheherazade! 13 weeks is plenty of time to get into race shape.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30 Edition [ [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade, the very short version is that we outgrew each other :|
And 13 weeks is plenty of time to get back in the game -- believe it!

Cheering for you SLO!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30 Edition [ [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoops, trust me to stick my foot in it. Sorry. Excited to see what new heights you reach with the new set-up!
Quote Reply