Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
tridude93 wrote:
Is your stem not seated properly??? There looks like a significant gap between the fork and stem.

I've noticed that yesterday, i was like "is it ok or no", here is a picture below, looks like it have to be fixed:

This is NOT fully seated on the crown of the fork!

Do not ride it like this - the bike was assembled incorrectly and the paint chipping IMO could have been caused from a bike stand clamping the top tube. Trek has a specific seat post clamp that they want you to use (PN 403494 and 416101)

To fix this the base bar must come off and the stem needs to be installed properly.

Beautiful bike btw - I would recommend you look for the next closest Trek store.
Last edited by: teddygram: Apr 18, 18 7:42
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 808 w wheel cover and the DuoTap which I don’t need and it’s tight but no issues for me. I want to hear about those wheels when you get em
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Will let you know about the wheels, but will likely be a couple months. Bike is supposed to ship 5/2 but I separated my shoulder 3 weeks ago. No telling when I'll be riding again, at least outside. :(
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just got a 2018 SC. No sc draft box available...out of stock til june. The older 1st generation won't fit my bike. Alternatives for carrying a tubular (no pockets on skinsuit) that would be most aero, efficient not cumbersome?
thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ret123 wrote:
just got a 2018 SC. No sc draft box available...out of stock til june. The older 1st generation won't fit my bike. Alternatives for carrying a tubular (no pockets on skinsuit) that would be most aero, efficient not cumbersome?
thanks!

Mount it under your saddle or place it in a water bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d put it in a water bottle behind the seat.

My wife uses one of these on her bike to store tools and spare tube and CO2 behind seat in xlab cage (she doesn’t have draft box capabilities). It’s surprisingly awesome.

West Biking Zip Case Tool Bag for Water Bottle Cage Black https://www.amazon.com/...cp_api_ja31Ab2ZG2N0S
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried this on their speed concept?
http://shop.osymetricusa.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first-gen Draft Box can be modified to fit. Not sure exactly how, but one of the local Trek shop mechanics modded his to fit.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ret123 wrote:
thanks!

Interesting maybe they got their shipment early because trek's page says it is in stock, and looks like you would get it in 1-4 days if you shipped from the site to a local shop.
https://www.trekbikes.com/...990/?colorCode=black
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, thanks. Noticed yest and ordered, on it's way. They must have found the missing pallet :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dumb question maybe but does anyone know if both the Bontrager Gen1 and Gen2 seat posts fit on the 2015 Speed Concept?
Right now I have the stock aluminum one with 17mm of setback, which isn't enough to meet my fitment..
Quote Reply
Draft box opening [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of you had problem with the draft box opening accidentally?This last weekend I was finally able to go outside with my new Speed Concept 2018, but the the box opened itself at least 5 times in less than 200km!
I'll put some adhesive tape in there, but I hope Trek does have an answer on that.
Last edited by: crazyeng: Apr 23, 18 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [crazyeng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my 1st-gen Draft Box, I found a way to fill it so it presses against the closure latch and prevents it from opening.

But every single one of the ~50-odd 2nd Gen SCs on my team has tape across the Draft Box 2 to keep it from opening on rough roads. It's, uh, a feature!

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crazyeng wrote:
Any of you had problem with the draft box opening accidentally?This last weekend I was finally able to go outside with my new Speed Concept 2018, but the the box opened itself at least 5 times in less than 200km!
I'll put some adhesive tape in there, but I hope Trek does have an answer on that.

Have a Gen2 and cannot say I have ever had the problem with it popping open. I know a guy with a gen 1 and I think he taped his, but when I saw inside, he had that thing stuffed, so could have been too much in his box. I know another person with a Gen2 and they have not had theirs pop open either.
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have really creaky front ends on their gen 2? Mine happens when putting a bit of weight on the bars wether it be aero or base, and over a few bumps and she creaks away. All front end bolts from stem to bars are tight and torqued.... any ideas? She does need a bath but I’m not sure if that would fix it haha
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Dumb question maybe but does anyone know if both the Bontrager Gen1 and Gen2 seat posts fit on the 2015 Speed Concept 7.5?
Right now I have the stock aluminum one with 17mm of setback, which isn't enough to meet my fitment..

Nobody? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it does not fit.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Dumb question maybe but does anyone know if both the Bontrager Gen1 and Gen2 seat posts fit on the 2015 Speed Concept?

I can confirm that the the Gen 1 and Get 2 seat posts are not interchangeable.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:

I can confirm that the the Gen 1 and Get 2 seat posts are not interchangeable.

Thank you! But a Speed Concept 9 seat post with 50mm offset should fit into my Speed Concept 7.5 frame then since both are 'Gen 2' ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Same gen will fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always put a strip of electrical tape across the edge--just a small square or it will open randomly.

When I get it closed just right, it will stay fine, but I don't take a chance on it---especially if I have to open it during a race and get it closed in a hurry.

You can also gently heat the tab and bend it tighter just a tiny bit and it will work well, but tape is a guarantee.
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
Anyone have really creaky front ends on their gen 2? Mine happens when putting a bit of weight on the bars wether it be aero or base, and over a few bumps and she creaks away. All front end bolts from stem to bars are tight and torqued.... any ideas? She does need a bath but I’m not sure if that would fix it haha

Is you bike mechanical shifting or electronic shifting and how old is the bike?

Typically the creaking in the front end is a sign that new housing/cable will be needed - from the factory they have a two-way split Ferrule in the stem area and with age creates a lot of noise
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teddygram wrote:
coates_hbk wrote:

Is you bike mechanical shifting or electronic shifting and how old is the bike?

Typically the creaking in the front end is a sign that new housing/cable will be needed - from the factory they have a two-way split Ferrule in the stem area and with age creates a lot of noise

If it's creaking when you pull the rear brake that may be the case, but it sounds like something structural is creaking.
Try removing the stem from the fork and checking the headset preload on the steerer bolt if you haven't already.
Quote Reply

Prev Next