Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Is Cobb Cycling still alive?
Quote | Reply
I tried going to CobbCycling.com last night but got a page that said "Sorry this shop is currently unavailable". Same thing today. Are they still in business? The link is still listed on this very page at the bottom under "Our Partners"
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could just be a website hosting issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cobb has a new website:

www.speedandcomfort.com

I would think the old site should still be active, or at least forward to the new site.

Edit: Fixed the linky.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Last edited by: Travis R: Apr 24, 18 10:06
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would think they would forward it. But I noticed the original site was down too and there was no indication they had a new one (searched and browsed their twitter page real quick...no mention of it and actually last tweet was back in March I think on that page).

I wanted to find setup instructions on the JOF 55 but a link from a reviewer article was broken. So I went a hunting on google and couldn't find any indication they rebranded themselves (at least website wise). The rest of the results were other non-cycling "Cobbs" that showed up so I didn't feel like sifting through all that last night.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travis, your URL was malformed. here is speedandcomfort.com.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are alive and well but decided to make a name change to better reflect where the company is headed with our soon to be available fitness equipment. One big change is that I am back as company director and we have several new products that I have dreamed up to help you racers. Yes, we changed the phone number and web address but I wanted this to be all new. We appreciate all of our past customers and look forward to a great future.
Thanks,
John Cobb
speedandcomfort.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All new can be good, but a forwarding address wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John Cobb wrote:
We are alive and well but decided to make a name change to better reflect where the company is headed with our soon to be available fitness equipment. One big change is that I am back as company director and we have several new products that I have dreamed up to help you racers. Yes, we changed the phone number and web address but I wanted this to be all new. We appreciate all of our past customers and look forward to a great future.
Thanks,
John Cobb
speedandcomfort.com

Great to see your alive. But I have been sending messages for over 5 days regarding an shipment that is paid for but no response and email keep bouncing back order number 1635. Maybe you can help me out through this channel :-)

Thanks,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally..!! I've been hunting for the website for the past few days, and kept getting errors. Now i can finally dig down into narrowing my choices.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John Cobb wrote:
Thanks,
John Cobb
speedandcomfort.com

Do I have this right? You changed your name and set up a new website, but your old website cobbcycling.com doesn't re-direct you to the new website?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
John Cobb wrote:
Thanks,
John Cobb
speedandcomfort.com

Do I have this right? You changed your name and set up a new website, but your old website cobbcycling.com doesn't re-direct you to the new website?

Brilliant business move. . . . starting COMPLETELY over when you already had a customer base.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happened to your business partner that bought your company before? Is this a complete reset of the company? Did you guys split?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing something pretty drastic happened if Mr Cobb wants/can have nothing to do with Cobbcycling.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This may, in fact, be the only location on the entire internet where one can find Cobb's new web site. Unbelievable!

Race Reports, etc -- Bob's Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [C W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C W wrote:
This may, in fact, be the only location on the entire internet where one can find Cobb's new web site. Unbelievable!

Fwiw, you can search for it but unfortunately it doesn't have enough Google/Bing juice to make it to the top of the listing so it is buried. There is a story here, I don't know if it will ever be told but I think Slowman would be better than anyone to talk about it. Cobb was bought out in 2016 and I am not sure if this is John taking it back or what but I can't imagine you just remove your online storefront without a good reason.

Slowman's original Don Park / Cobb piece is here.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Fwiw, you can search for it but unfortunately it doesn't have enough Google/Bing juice to make it to the top of the listing so it is buried.

The other day I was looking at saddles online, and wanted to check out the latest Cobb offerings. I went to their website and got the dead link. Then I searched on "Cobb Cycling", "Cobb saddles" and a few other terms and never did come across the new site. So apparently, no, you can't find it just by doing a search online (at least I couldn't). I'm glad to hear they're still around, but having a website that nobody can seem to find doesn't seem like the best way to kick off a "new" business.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even worse is the Cobb link below is to the old site!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever happened to Tom Demerly?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: May 21, 18 20:55
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
el gato wrote:
but having a website that nobody can seem to find doesn't seem like the best way to kick off a "new" business.

You know how web-hosting works and what it costs to be "featured" near the top by Google (TM), right?

Please tell me you are a Millenial....

OK, for kicks I just did another Google (TM) search for the following two terms: "Cobb Cycling" and "Cobb Saddles". You know where the "real" website (the new one that's referenced further up in the thread) appeared? NOWHERE in the first 5 pages of results. You think I, or anyone else, is going to sort through more than 5 pages of results to find the real website? I'm not talking about 'featured near the top', I'm just talking about being able to find it at all. I don't know if you're a Millenial, but I'm pretty sure you can figure out what it costs a business when nobody can find them online. Anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Sigh,

Maybe they don't care for your business (yet)?
Maybe they don't have the advertisement capital/budget (in place yet)?

Maybe they don't care for pretentious customers who want them to tell how they should run their show?

Are you serious right now, or are you just being argumentative for the sake of it? That, right there, is some lame arguments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Lame?

Have you built or help build a new Business or Start-up from the ground up?

I am done with Slowtwitch today. Nothing but Shallows...

Out.

Yes, your arguments are lame. Why, because they are defensive and are attempts to rationalize a, frankly, indefensible position. I've been a part of several startups, and am all too familiar with how people come to rationalize behavior that is completely contradictory to the customer's needs and the business's success.

Can you tell me with a straight face that if I, as a customer, am interested in a Cobb saddle and take the time to do a google search to learn more about Cobb's current offerings and find it odd that I can't find any hint of a current website, I'm being pretentious? Hell, this whole thread started because someone else did exactly that and came to the conclusion that the company was dead. Good luck building a new business when your customers think you've gone belly up. Spare me the "starting a business is hard" schtick. I know it is. As a customer, I don't care. If you've started up a business from the ground up, you know all too well that your customers don't want to hear about that. If you think that makes them unreasonable or pretentious, your competitors are going to eat your lunch.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
windschatten wrote:

Lame?

Have you built or help build a new Business or Start-up from the ground up?

I am done with Slowtwitch today. Nothing but Shallows...

Out.

Yes, your arguments are lame. Why, because they are defensive and are attempts to rationalize a, frankly, indefensible position. I've been a part of several startups, and am all too familiar with how people come to rationalize behavior that is completely contradictory to the customer's needs and the business's success.

Can you tell me with a straight face that if I, as a customer, am interested in a Cobb saddle and take the time to do a google search to learn more about Cobb's current offerings and find it odd that I can't find any hint of a current website, I'm being pretentious? Hell, this whole thread started because someone else did exactly that and came to the conclusion that the company was dead. Good luck building a new business when your customers think you've gone belly up. Spare me the "starting a business is hard" schtick. I know it is. As a customer, I don't care. If you've started up a business from the ground up, you know all too well that your customers don't want to hear about that. If you think that makes them unreasonable or pretentious, your competitors are going to eat your lunch.

There seem to be a few ads for Cobb Saddles (by others), so the Google adwords route is probably not a good option as the cost likely isn't insignificant to pop-up as an ad. The other thing I noticed is that they sell direct on Amazon, and Amazon has a paid ad for Cobb saddles, so maybe they're getting what they want out of their search results.

Lastly, I've been getting their "Speed And Comfort is now the supplier of all Cobb Products" display ad on ST quite often, with new phone number and new website, which does redirect you to their new website.

I'm not saying you're wrong... there's got to be a reason, maybe has to do with the re-brand, and how things have been prioritized, but yeah, maybe some growing/changing pains.
Quote Reply

Prev Next