Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Super D wrote:
Does the new bento box fit the 2016 Trinity? (Sorry I missed this if it's already been mentioned).

I don't like the flip-tip one on my 2016, it gets snagged on my leg sometimes and flaps open, annoying.

Yes, it fits.
You can actually go to your dealer and they will order it for you. Many of us have done this and it was no charge.

The new bento is waaaay better. You will be happy with it. The original one was pretty much worthless.

Also, the new front bottle is improved as well - bigger volume, better attachment clamps. (When I took this bike for a test ride, the front bottle launched, so I always used gorilla tape on the side to keep it secure. The new bottle is overbuilt and cannot launch. It actually takes some effort to remove after a ride - great.)

Have the bike and love it, but that new bottle CAN launch. On the large size frame, running conti Gp 4000 25mm tires, the rubber will grip the underside of the bottle and shoot it like a torpedo when braking. Learned that hard way. 4 Times. Changed tire size and no issues since. I do use some Velcro for peace of mind however.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused.
The new bottle is three pieces:
  • triangle piece that slides straight down, sits between the bottle and the bento
  • bottle itself
  • bottom piece that slides in near the tire...looks kinda like a banana peel

When you say:
Quote:
that new bottle CAN launch. On the large size frame, running conti Gp 4000 25mm tires, the rubber will grip the underside of the bottle and shoot it like a torpedo when braking.

...does that mean that only that bottom slider piece shoots out or do you have a different bottle design?

Even without that bottom piece, the top triangle piece seems like it is more than enough to keep the bottle on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up the non-Pro model a couple of weeks ago and ordered the Bento box off the internet. Its a pretty straight forward installation, but the box included these two adhesive strips and for the life of me, I cannot figure out where they're supposed to go. Does anyone here have any insight?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bottom triangle piece always went. The bottle went on a couple of occasions.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Sikedsyko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a pic of the bento installed? I have the non-pro model like yours and wondered if it fit.

Edit: Sorry forgot to quote Sikedsyko...this question is for him.
Last edited by: AggieTri: Apr 18, 18 18:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sikedsyko wrote:
I picked up the non-Pro model a couple of weeks ago and ordered the Bento box off the internet. Its a pretty straight forward installation, but the box included these two adhesive strips and for the life of me, I cannot figure out where they're supposed to go. Does anyone here have any insight?

I'd guess that the circle with the slit goes around the cable inlet and the square piece maybe near the rear?

Just bolt it up and see how snug it is. If any bits lift, throw some sticker under it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same pieces came with it when the store gave me one, didn't use them.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Giant Bike Spares.

They are UK based so not sure about shipping worldwide but they are pretty good at sourcing parts.

http://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-42956
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [AggieTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AggieTri wrote:
Do you have a pic of the bento installed? I have the non-pro model like yours and wondered if it fit.

Edit: Sorry forgot to quote Sikedsyko...this question is for him.

Yeah here's the pictures. I didn't do anything with the adhesive strips as its on there very securely. It doesn't look quite as nice as the Pro model with the aero headtube/stem, but its a pretty solid option for some storage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty nice to me. Thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [AggieTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's funny is for the same price, the Avow has better wheels now...ew!!! Can't we all be the same!?!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what size bolt is under the seat? I HATE that system.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Peterszew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peterszew wrote:
what size bolt is under the seat? I HATE that system.

15mm.

With a dash saddle, you can actually get a socket and torque wrench on it. With the stock tritone, it is terrible!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone move their saddle position to the front hole on the top of the post? I don't see how that works, the hole is smaller than the clamp bolt it appears.

It looks like I can use the middle post hole, but rear saddle rail clamp baseplate hole, but it'll cantilever off the front of the top of the post, which looks sketchy (like this):

https://www.tri247.com/...george-4-700x394.jpg

Is that the only option to get the seat position farthest forward on a short railed TT saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super D wrote:
Anyone move their saddle position to the front hole on the top of the post? I don't see how that works, the hole is smaller than the clamp bolt it appears.

It looks like I can use the middle post hole, but rear saddle rail clamp baseplate hole, but it'll cantilever off the front of the top of the post, which looks sketchy (like this):

Is that the only option to get the seat position farthest forward on a short railed TT saddle?

I actually just moved mine to the front hole a few days ago. The bolt fit into the front hole just fine. It does hang off the front just like the pic you posted, but I think it is ok. If you look at Sam Appleton’s setup in the Giant bike section of Slowtwitch his looks the same way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
dfroelich

Quote:
So far, I:
* swapped out the S-bends for ski bends and my wrists are happier for it.
* In a drunken splurge, I got a fouriers carbon framed pulley hanger with gold 12/16t pulleys and ceramic bearings. It was $150. I regret nothing.
* gold kmc chain, same circumstances as above.
* Zipp TT computer mount.
* Flo 60/disc with corsa speed

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:292539 That is a pretty easy piece to modify to match whatever your bar spacing needs to be.

I guess this is a two part question:

1. Are the fouriers carbon framed pulleys worthwhile, still available, and comparable with the non di2 version (GTA Pro 2 2016).
2. Is the Garmin mount from thingiverse something that I would have to have 3d printed? If so, where would you suggest? Also, is this supposed to be a mount that goes with the Garmin 920xt twist off watch to mount while not on the swim and run?

In Reply To:
Staer

Quote:
I am having difficulty placing my Garmin though. My extensions are as narrow as possible and turned inwards making them even narrower, and this conflicts with the Zipp/Sram Garmin mount I have. Gets in the way of a relaxed hand position on the tips.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue. I am asking because I have to move significantly out of position to check the watch on my wrist and I get obsessive about it.

In Reply To:
JVanderveen

Knowing that you are a bike shop owner and have built a few of these since they have come out. What upgrades are you seeing as beneficial?

Lastly, it has been almost year and I told myself that I would upgrade the bike until I have made significant progress on holding form and in my FTP. I think the time has come for me to make those upgrades on the bike. I have increased my FTP 40% and am able to hold aero long enough. I already had the race suit, aero helmet, and power meters upgraded on my bike. Its time for me to get those marginal gains via race wheels, ceramic bearings, etc. ANYTHING that you can suggest is appreciated.

PS: I am getting everything dialed in again with an extensive bike fit...I hope that will be the last one (is there ever really a last one?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super D wrote:

I did when I got fitted. It has changed my life!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Super D wrote:

I did when I got fitted. It has changed my life!

That's good to hear, I guess I was a little concerned seeing how close to the front of the post that front hole is...but if people are doing it with no problems, I guess it's okay. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Ladies /Gents

couple question I still not resolved

I am struggling to find a aero bottle system for front end on my 2017 advanced pro ,between centres is approach 140mm

I struggling to find a behind the seat bottle holder ,reason for this my seat is as far forward as can go therefore my old bottle holder interferes with seat post.

I have the big black aero bottle that came with bike but do not like this due to size on windy bike course it can make handling lighter

any thoughts
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

1. Are the fouriers carbon framed pulleys worthwhile, still available, and comparable with the non di2 version (GTA Pro 2 2016).
2. Is the Garmin mount from thingiverse something that I would have to have 3d printed? If so, where would you suggest? Also, is this supposed to be a mount that goes with the Garmin 920xt twist off watch to mount while not on the swim and run?
Quote:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180425064455&SearchText=fouriers+jockey

As for the garmin mount, you would need to edit that file to your specific bar width. As it is, you could get any old garmin mount to do the same since it is designed for wide bars. Therefore, the cost of having someone print it for you would be similar to buying one off the shelf.
How far apart are your bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stivrunning wrote:
Sorry Ladies /Gents

couple question I still not resolved

I am struggling to find a aero bottle system for front end on my 2017 advanced pro ,between centres is approach 140mm

I struggling to find a behind the seat bottle holder ,reason for this my seat is as far forward as can go therefore my old bottle holder interferes with seat post.

I have the big black aero bottle that came with bike but do not like this due to size on windy bike course it can make handling lighter

any thoughts

Is yours a Pro are a regular...because the PRO comes with the integrated system. I have a Trinity Advanced and use an Profile Design FC35, it's great. I have two Xlab bottle cages on the rail hydration mount BTS.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stivrunning wrote:

any thoughts

What about the original front bottle? It was much smaller than the current revision. You need to tape it down or risk bouncing it, but I bet it is less wind grabby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its a trinity pro advanced 1

am struggling with width finding aero bottle as I said the bars seem wide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you use the one that comes with the bike?

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as i mentioned previous its too big intrusive and not the best design on a windy course
Quote Reply

Prev Next