Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowtwitch Coaching Newsletter - Feedback Wanted
Quote | Reply
Hi All - Those of you who are USAT certified coaches may recognize my name, Loryn Cozzi/Rossmiller. I work with Dan Empfield and Ian Murray on the Slowtwitch Triathlon Coaching Certification Clinics.

I am working on putting together a newsletter for athletes and coaches written by our Slowtwitch Certified Coaches. https://drive.google.com/...BQzfP6x5MifAamtM1WHN is my first attempt. I'd love some feedback on it. I'm hoping to reach athletes and coaches looking for advice.

Learn more about Slowtwitch Coaching Certifications here: https://www.slowtwitch.com/coaching/

Also, as a reminder:
Join Slowtwitch Coaching for the Triathlon Swim Coaching Certification Clinic in DC on May 18-19, 2018.
The instructor is USAT Level III Coach Ian Murray. USAT Certified Coaches earn 9 USAT CEUs.

https://www.trireg.com/...ing-certification518
Last edited by: STCoaching: Apr 16, 18 6:07
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Coaching Newsletter - Feedback Wanted [STCoaching] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Coaching Newsletter - Feedback Wanted [STCoaching] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried reducing the file size so I can upload it here but I can't get it below 402 kb. If someone has suggestions on how to make it smaller, please let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any and all feedback wanted
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ST Coaching Newsletter - What sort of information would this newsletter contain? Would this be delivered to our email? How often are you considering doing the newsletter? Will there be insights from other coaches? How lengthy will it be?

Todd Waldner
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Coaching Newsletter - Feedback Wanted [coachtodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sort of information would this newsletter contain? My thought is to contain info from our slowtwitch certified coaches for athletes primarily. I'd like to use it as a way to help our coaches get out the word about their coaching businesses as well as have an outlet to contribute to a publication. I'm also open to the articles being written from coaches for coaches as food for thought.

Would this be delivered to our email? I was thinking of posting it somewhere so it gets more eyes but I'm certainly open to it being emailed. I have no problem doing that.

How often are you considering doing the newsletter? I'm thinking 4 per year.

Will there be insights from other coaches? How lengthy will it be? I'd like to include as many coaches who want to be involved. we're blessed with great attendees at our coaches clinics, and I want to take advantage of that. I'm thinking 2-3 articles, 4 pages max.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a newsletter section on the Slowtwitch Coaching page (https://www.slowtwitch.com/coaching/index.html) where they can be viewed/downloaded?

Are the coach's contributions vetted? (I assume yes).

I like the format and I think it's a great idea. Thinking of ideas to contribute....
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Coaching Newsletter - Feedback Wanted [bilmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I can certainly posted them there. I'm just trying to think of other areas to get more eyes on them, specifically for athletes. I don't know if anyone who is only an athlete would go to the coaching page looking for a newsletter. But maybe I can get it in front of them when they are looking for a coach. That's a good suggestion and I will work on it.

They are vetted in the sense that the writer is a coach I know from my clinics and time at USAT, and I wouldn't just let anyone write an article. We have fantastic coaches that come through, so I know they have a lot to contribute. Not everything written may be something that everyone agrees with, but that's part of coaching too. Everyone has their own styles. Also, I think that helps to create dialogue, which is always interesting and helps create new ideas.
Quote Reply