Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Maybe pedantic but unless it is trimmed flush at the bottom of the stem I'm not a fan of the look. I do like it's ease of adjustment but a single bolt worries holding the force put through your bars.

I have been waiting for owner pictures and glad to see one on a Felt IA since that is what I have. That is my same thought and would consider trimming once the fit is settled as TriRig said can be done. I am also concerned about the holding force and if trimming flush with the bottom of the bar will have an impact. I am still having issues with the Felt bars moving around and I continue to do the remedies that people have suggested to stop the movement. One of the reasons I am thinking about replacing them, but I want to make sure if I do what I get will be rock solid and stable.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
And you should have seen how easily and quickly Jim went through incremental changes in the fit. I would literally just sit up for a few seconds while he made several tiny adjustments.
Woohoo! That’s exactly why we made the bar. So glad to hear you are getting along well with it!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I do like it's ease of adjustment but a single bolt worries holding the force put through your bars.

That was my initial thought as well, but don’t we ride with a single bolt holding our seatpost and I would hazard to guess the forces imparted through the saddle are greater than those imparted through aero bars.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick,

I’ve already order the bar but two questions:

Will you eventually offer a replacement post for those that do consider trimming it?

Besides the fairing you will be releasing eventually, what about bottle integration like the PD one?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
Maybe pedantic but unless it is trimmed flush at the bottom of the stem I'm not a fan of the look. I do like it's ease of adjustment but a single bolt worries holding the force put through your bars.

I have been waiting for owner pictures and glad to see one on a Felt IA since that is what I have. That is my same thought and would consider trimming once the fit is settled as TriRig said can be done. I am also concerned about the holding force and if trimming flush with the bottom of the bar will have an impact. I am still having issues with the Felt bars moving around and I continue to do the remedies that people have suggested to stop the movement. One of the reasons I am thinking about replacing them, but I want to make sure if I do what I get will be rock solid and stable.

I do intend to trim the post once I am certain the fit is dialed in. I don't see how doing so will have any impact aside from improving aesthetics (marginal aero? who knows). Having installed, adjusted, and ridden on the bar, I can tell you I have no concerns about the single bolt holding the monopost. I don't have any experience with the Felt bars, however. So I can't offer you any direct comparison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks
I am seriously considering this option.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - definitely looking forward to hearing this answer.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kart17 wrote:
Will you eventually offer a replacement post for those that do consider trimming it?
Yes! The factory is currently at capacity just filling our regular orders, but I've already placed an order for an additional complement of Monoposts, specifically for this purpose. Should be ~$95 or so for a replacement post. Not looking to make those a profit center, just a convenient option for those who need it.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe that anything can truly beat the Ventus 1 and 2.

The 1 because it's just SO thin, and the built in levers leave you with the impression that no compromises were made for comfort, reliability, or function. Just fast, fast, fast.
The 2 because it has a Bat Wing feel too it due to the massive drop to the base. Still thin, still extremely deep. Excellent routing, other than for the front brake. They did a poor job there, but it's easily rectified with a dremel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick

Saw on your site that the Alpha One orders placed today will be fulfilled by end of May. Is this still holding true?

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are doing our best to stay current and updating that projection whenever we have better info.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

For those who wanted to see it with the monopost trimmed, here it is. A regular hacksaw blade (32 tpi) for the cut, then smoothed out with a sanding attachment on a Dremel. I don't put tape or anything over the hole, no whistling or anything weird. And obviously from the side or front, it looks totally clean. I've done everything from short TT efforts all the way up to a full Ironman on it with zero issues. It is a solid piece of gear:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you willing to share some more pictures? Would love to see how it looks on the bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Are you willing to share some more pictures? Would love to see how it looks on the bike :)

I put a few on the previous page prior to trimming the monopost. The only difference is the post no longer protruding out the bottom of the base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:

I put a few on the previous page prior to trimming the monopost. The only difference is the post no longer protruding out the bottom of the base bar.

Sorry, I missed those. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the kind words Rob! So glad to hear you’re happy with the bar!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for adding the picture. Bike looks great. Thinking about adding to my IA16.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adding a link to the Alpha One universal cover here.

I have an Orbea Ordu and have been looking to upgrade the front end. I think this just sealed the deal for me.

http://www.tririg.com/...versal_Cover_Preview

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm excited to get my Alpha One for mine. Once this cover comes out I'll also probably order it. Curious how this bike does in the tunnel vs some of the integrated bikes. Only thing I wish I did was get mine in black now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious, about to order the Alpha One but the timeline says "ships in june" while the Alpha X says 2-3 weeks.

Which would arrive first? Need bars for my build ASAP!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TriowaCPA, please email support@tririg.com for timing and availability issues. We will be happy to assist you.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi All,
For those that have installed the Alpha, what are you using as a hydration solution. Also, what are you using to hold your Garmin?

I've mine installed and love it. Need to decide now on a hydration setup for long course and where/how to position the Garmin. Cheers.

P.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Omni with alpha one bar. Using a x lab cage BTA TriRig bottle with a hole cut in the end and a straw. I do not run a computer except my Garmin watch
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pgibbo wrote:
Hi All,
For those that have installed the Alpha, what are you using as a hydration solution. Also, what are you using to hold your Garmin?

I've mine installed and love it. Need to decide now on a hydration setup for long course and where/how to position the Garmin. Cheers.

P.

I don't have the Alpha One.....yet. If or when I get one I will continue to use the Speedfil Z4 with independent bottles for long course like I do now by rotating bottles from BTS mounts to the BTA. The top of the Edge 820 is almost flush with the top of my forearms so it is fairly tucked in and is in good view if I need a glance at the display. The bottle cage is fairly smooth for getting the bottle in and out and yet I've never lost a bottle during a ride since it is tucked in between my arms in aero or sitting up on rough roads. Disclaimer: I don't race, but I do train diligently using self-supported 80 to 100 mile courses using this setup.

Pics here if you need
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just installed the Alpha One. Has some nice features and the adjustability is great. I have not had it on the road yet but so far so good
Quote Reply

Prev Next