Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Measuring where to where?

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I thougt Alpha X stem listed 25mm stack on your website so I assumed the Alpha One integrated stem would have the same but why don’t you lay out pertinent stem height measurements rather than my trying to guess what I should be asking for. Then I can clarify from there if I still have more questions. Thanks!
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 24, 18 9:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We list all the specs for Alpha One in the fit guide here: http://www.tririg.com/...lphaone&page=fit

If you don't input any bike model, it'll give you numbers for the Alpha One by itself. Minimum stack to the pads is 55mm. Wherever you would want to measure on the integrated stem is somewhat irrelevant, since it can only be used as a complete system.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough. Let me clarify. I am not talking in terms of fit coordinates; I only wanting to know the literal height at the back of the stem as I am trying to determine which bento box may fit the best flush against the stem (I realize that may change depending on the addition of any spacers). So, what is the "height" of the stem at the back without any spacers?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 24, 18 11:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it. So what you're actually looking for is the Y-component of the total length of the clamping area, including cable cover. Sorry for the confusion, that's not what I usually think of when referring to the "stack" of a given part. Anyway, the number you're looking for is 44mm:

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Jan 24, 18 11:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Yeah, I realized after writing the word "stack" that I was misusing it.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 24, 18 11:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the width of the stem towards the back? I have a Canyon Speedmax CF and was curious how the stem width would work with the "bento box" that came with the bike as far as being flush or hiding behind the stem.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [jb27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jb27 wrote:
What is the width of the stem towards the back? I have a Canyon Speedmax CF and was curious how the stem width would work with the "bento box" that came with the bike as far as being flush or hiding behind the stem.
Right about 44mm. (That's not a typo, just happens to be the same as the last measurement requested above).

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alpha One is Approximately 930g complete with extensions and Ergo Cups.
Alpha X is Approximately 650g complete with extensions (although it is presumably non Ergo cups)

Is the above accurate? If so, what accounts for big weight difference?

Also, if ordered now, are these still shipping in March?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Alpha One is Approximately 930g complete with extensions and Ergo Cups.
Alpha X is Approximately 650g complete with extensions (although it is presumably non Ergo cups)

Is the above accurate? If so, what accounts for big weight difference?

Also, if ordered now, are these still shipping in March?
First, there's the ~100g difference in cups (Alpha X's published spec is with the Ultralight Cups). Second, Alpha X's spec is at minimum stack (no extra spacers, shortest bolts, no tilt kit). Once you add tilt, and stack, and the same cups, they are pretty close in weight. But it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, given their very different assembly method, and the fact that Alpha One has many more mounting points. Alpha One has 5 threaded BTA holes, and 8 threaded arm cup holes -- this is more than double what Alpha X has, and each little threaded insert adds a little weight too.

We are still working very hard to get our first batch shipped out during March, stay tuned for updates. Right now that's still our best estimate.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think his question was (which I have the same), if I order right now would I get one from batch 1 or would I have to wait for batch 2?

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking at different bar options ever since Specialized ruined the front end of my Shiv with their bar recall and I'm just curious about your "Huge Sale" savings that you have on the website that I presumed were an effort to move Alpha X stock before the Alpha One becomes available.
The cost for an Alpha X ($749) + the tilt kit ($215 incl the -10%) does not include extensions comes to $964 (including extensions would be ($849 + $215 = $1,064).
The cost for an Alpha One ($999) includes extensions.

I included the tilt kit cost for the Alpha X as that results in similar adjustments (although not as easy - according to your info).

Both say they ship in "Late March"

Why would anyone pay more for the Alpha X over the more adjustable and apparently upgraded Alpha One product?
I guess if you absolutely know you do not want to be able to alter your extension angle you can save the $215.

Not bashing the products - I really like your gear and innovation - just seems odd pricing.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I did this math too. The math may be explainable for manufacturing reasons but regardless, it is odd to price the outdated model more expensively.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be clear, Alpha X will remain a current product, it's not being discontinued. It offers a lighter total package, even if you add the tilt kit. And as you pointed out, if you don't need tilt, it is quite a bit less expensive. Regarding the price with/without extensions, the Alpha One pricing only includes extensions as a pre-order bonus (we did the same thing with Alpha X when it was first launched). That bonus will disappear once the bars are a regularly-stocked product.

For many customers, Alpha One may be a much better value proposition, and more attractive for their needs. That's why we developed it in the first place. But others still love Alpha X. We continue to sell lots of them, and we have no plans to stop.

Regarding new orders, we do think we can still meet new preorders with our first production batch, yes. So the estimate you see is still the estimate for a new order.

Thanks for all the interest, everyone! We are VERY excited to finally put these in customers' hands.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Feb 8, 18 14:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Got it. So what you're actually looking for is the Y-component of the total length of the clamping area, including cable cover. Sorry for the confusion, that's not what I usually think of when referring to the "stack" of a given part. Anyway, the number you're looking for is 44mm:

Could you also give the dimension for the "stem clamp height"
Basically want to know what the minimum exposed steerer tube needs to be for superbike compatibility (Felt IA, P5, etc)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [onearmedraider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s 29mm tall along the steerer axis, but 1.5mm on the bottom surface is counterbored for covering the headset. So effectively 27.5mm long. Subtract the usual 2-3mm for preload, and you need about 25mm of exposed steerer above your headset compression ring.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Mar 29, 18 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone received their's yet? I saw that the first batch was sent out. I'm considering getting these or the Alpha X's for my Ordu OMP.
Last edited by: kart17: Apr 14, 18 7:50
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I got mine a week ago, building up my Omni right now. Waiting on 4 Di2 wires from competitive cycle. Front end is together running cables.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:
Yes I got mine a week ago, building up my Omni right now. Waiting on 4 Di2 wires from competitive cycle. Front end is together running cables.

Pics or it never happened!!! Also a detailed review about the bike as a whole please... asking for a friend😉😉😉

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To hard to post pictures slowtwich i do not bother anymore. If you want some pictures by some other means that can be arranged. Bike is very high quality. So far easy build. Will have everything together this week except for cranks and chain , no press for bottom bracket. That will be done in 4 weeks when I get home. (Out of state ) Build will be done middle of May.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine, and it is now installed on my Felt IA16. A huge thanks to Jim at ERO Sports for finding time to get me fitted and dialed in, and of course to Nick at TriRig for getting the bar out in time for me to get it ready and tested for IMTX.

My first impressions: The arm cups and pads are phenomenal. Extremely comfortable. I also have the Gamma One extensions and they also feel great. I didn't think I had this much room for improvement in terms of comfort over my old setup. And you should have seen how easily and quickly Jim went through incremental changes in the fit. I would literally just sit up for a few seconds while he made several tiny adjustments. As far as the ride, once again they were great. Stable, comfortable, and steering feels very steady. And, of course, looks. I think they look absolutely badass, but here are some pics. You be the judge:

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I am the judge — I just like the look of the Alpha X a lot better. This bar just looks too...UCI. It looks a lot like the regular IA bar, which isn’t that hot. A large non-virtual airfoil bar is the hottest bar
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go Rob...

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe pedantic but unless it is trimmed flush at the bottom of the stem I'm not a fan of the look. I do like it's ease of adjustment but a single bolt worries holding the force put through your bars.
Quote Reply

Prev Next