Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

TulkasTri wrote:
Hey guys, a little bit of an update. After I opened the dispute with AMEX, eventually LTP delivered my stuff (about 6 months after placing the order). I decided I was not going to wear the kit, as a matter of principle, so it had been sitting in my closet since then.

A few weeks ago a friend messaged me asking if I had let someone borrow my LTP kit, to which I responded "of course not", and he sent me this:

How do I know that's my kit? Because it has my name on it: "GUS", the dude in the photo's name is Robert. Proof:

So, maybe part of the delays with my kit is that it was shipped somewhere and was used for what looks like a photo shoot. No clue if that dude used it for something else. So basically, I ended up with a $300 suit that was delivered after 6 months, and had someone else's ass in it prior to mine.

It would almost be amusing if you didn't have to fork out $300...

And who is the guy with the beard? A model? Or a LTP employee?

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

zedzded wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Hey guys, a little bit of an update. After I opened the dispute with AMEX, eventually LTP delivered my stuff (about 6 months after placing the order). I decided I was not going to wear the kit, as a matter of principle, so it had been sitting in my closet since then.

A few weeks ago a friend messaged me asking if I had let someone borrow my LTP kit, to which I responded "of course not", and he sent me this:

How do I know that's my kit? Because it has my name on it: "GUS", the dude in the photo's name is Robert. Proof:

So, maybe part of the delays with my kit is that it was shipped somewhere and was used for what looks like a photo shoot. No clue if that dude used it for something else. So basically, I ended up with a $300 suit that was delivered after 6 months, and had someone else's ass in it prior to mine.

I believe he’s some kind of “sponsored” athlete? I saw him on Instagram, and he’s always wearing LTP gear like that Cheff dude, but this guy is in Texas, so no clue what he does for them. He was at Oceanside, rocking the California kit, but he’s not particularly fast (7:51), but he has a good following on IG. Maybe he’s just an IG “celebrity”.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

TulkasTri wrote:
zedzded wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

I believe he’s some kind of “sponsored” athlete? I saw him on Instagram, and he’s always wearing LTP gear like that Cheff dude, but this guy is in Texas, so no clue what he does for them. He was at Oceanside, rocking the California kit, but he’s not particularly fast (7:51), but he has a good following on IG. Maybe he’s just an IG “celebrity”.

Yeah I was just checking out his Instagram account. I don't want to sound derogatory and mean-spirited, but I'm not understanding why a clothes company would sponsor an overweight person who is right at the bottom when it comes to triathlon? He has tons of their suits. It's great that it's not some emaciated heroin-chic model, but I can't imagine these kind of photos are going to make potential customers go wow I want one. Happy he's out there doing his thing on Instagram, but I need someone more au-fait with Instagram and "sponsored" athletes to explain it to, because I don't get it...

Plus the fact he has so many suits reinforces the theory that the "gus" suit was 2nd hand by the time you got it. They send him a suit, he takes some pics sends it back and they sell it on... crazy, but I guess logical from a business perspective. Unless of course you get busted!
Last edited by: zedzded: Apr 15, 18 19:56

This company is the gift that keeps on giving.

If you look at the exact alignment of the GUS lettering compared to the background pattern in those two pictures, IMO it doesn't look as though they're same; they're close, but some of the sections of patterning don't seem to line up identically. Although I'm looking at two low-res photographs, you might be able to better determine if they're identical with one of the suits in front of you?!

Combined with the aforementioned fact that you guys don't exactly look the same size, I'd be inclined to go with the theory that for some reason they accidentally printed some extra suits with your name on and just shipped one out to this guy to take some promo shots.

I'd say that's an positive viewpoint, given it would mean that some other guy's sweaty ass wasn't in your tri suit!

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

zedzded wrote:
Yeah I was just checking out his Instagram account. I don't want to sound derogatory and mean-spirited, but I'm not understanding why a clothes company would sponsor an overweight person who is right at the bottom when it comes to triathlon? He has tons of their suits. It's great that it's not some emaciated heroin-chic model, but I can't imagine these kind of photos are going to make potential customers go wow I want one. Happy he's out there doing his thing on Instagram, but I need someone more au-fait with Instagram and "sponsored" athletes to explain it to, because I don't get it...

The target consumer of the brand is not scrawny, Slowtwitch reading, middled aged yuppies trying to prove they still got it. It's bearded hipster brahs who have an uncontrollable need to share pictures of themselves.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]

Arch Stanton wrote:
zedzded wrote:

The target consumer of the brand is not scrawny, Slowtwitch reading, middled aged yuppies trying to prove they still got it. It's bearded hipster brahs who have an uncontrollable need to share pictures of themselves.

I swear its like you know me brah, really know me

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]

Arch Stanton wrote:

I would suppose a Rugby Hooker/Veteran/Triathlete actually isn't in their demo...they have so many things I like...but 3 month waiting period is not gonna cut it for me.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

zedzded wrote:

Yeah I was just checking out his Instagram account. I don't want to sound derogatory and mean-spirited, but I'm not understanding why a clothes company would sponsor an overweight person who is right at the bottom when it comes to triathlon

Probably because people who look like this are a huge market in triathlon. And having someone with a big following that these people can relate to, at the cost of some free stuff makes sense for LTP.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

THAT'S some crazy stuff right there. More to the point about that LTP's social media presence is not helping their image, literally! I thought about this and I agree with the other comments that it's in all likelihood they printed your suit in error, and sent it to their social media guy for free. Meanwhile, you're sitting at home wondering where your order is. Unbelievable.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [chuy] [ In reply to ]

chuy wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Yeah I was just checking out his Instagram account. I don't want to sound derogatory and mean-spirited, but I'm not understanding why a clothes company would sponsor an overweight person who is right at the bottom when it comes to triathlon

Probably because people who look like this are a huge market in triathlon. And having someone with a big following that these people can relate to, at the cost of some free stuff makes sense for LTP.

But most of the people who have large followings just bought the followings and the likes. It happens all the time, no doubt a brand can do a terrible job of understanding this but I brought this topic years ago on here and then Dan or Herbert or someone did a front page piece on it. Ironically ST got it wrong... the person who actually gamed the system for followers was the one identified as the one that didn't. That was because ST used a bogus "fake follower" rating website that was just clickbait and didn't really truly understand how users were gaming the system.

The interesting thing about the insta buys for some users is they use bots which then their likes show up in my news feed. I have friends in triathlon that have done this and their likes are always showing up. Some of them end up being racist posts or other things you no 100% they didn't like, but their account is being used to apply likes to other accounts in the system and no verification is being done checking that they aren't liking stuff that could presumably be getting brands and athletes in hot water.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
chuy wrote:
zedzded wrote:

But most of the people who have large followings just bought the followings and the likes. It happens all the time, no doubt a brand can do a terrible job of understanding this but I brought this topic years ago on here and then Dan or Herbert or someone did a front page piece on it. Ironically ST got it wrong... the person who actually gamed the system for followers was the one identified as the one that didn't. That was because ST used a bogus "fake follower" rating website that was just clickbait and didn't really truly understand how users were gaming the system.

The interesting thing about the insta buys for some users is they use bots which then their likes show up in my news feed. I have friends in triathlon that have done this and their likes are always showing up. Some of them end up being racist posts or other things you no 100% they didn't like, but their account is being used to apply likes to other accounts in the system and no verification is being done checking that they aren't liking stuff that could presumably be getting brands and athletes in hot water.

I don't know the person from the Instagram so have no idea how they came about their followers but I could see how what you mention is an issue. All I was saying is that its not uncommon for companies to reach out to non professional athletes who have large followings and turn them into brand ambassadors/ sponsored athletes. Off the top of my head I can think of a several amateur triathletes that can probably get more from sponsors than most pro triathletes just because of their following.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

With apologies to the guy that bought it, we all look silly in our aero helmets and spandex

But damn that is one ugly suit. I think LTP is in many ways trying waaaaaay too hard just to be “cool” and “hip” (hopefully this isn’t as douchey as saying “fuck that’s an ugly tattoo” when someone posts new ink :P)

I saw a few at Oceanside as well, I cant help but think about Ed Hardy every time I saw one
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 16, 18 15:13

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]

ChrisM wrote:
With apologies to the guy that bought it, we all look silly in our aero helmets and spandex

But damn that is one ugly suit

I saw a few at Oceanside as well, I cant help but think about Ed Hardy every time I saw one

Oh man, I had to hear it from my wife for like 2 weeks, now from Slowtwitchers too?

But seriously, it's not pretty, but I already have a few "all black" tri suits, and that one seemed kind'a cool. I will admit, though... it looks better on the sexy chef dude than me.

TulkasTri wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

But damn that is one ugly suit

Oh man, I had to hear it from my wife for like 2 weeks, now from Slowtwitchers too?

But seriously, it's not pretty, but I already have a few "all black" tri suits, and that one seemed kind'a cool. I will admit, though... it looks better on the sexy chef dude than me.

Haha, thanks for taking it in good spirits :) Yeah, they stand out (and I think I saw some Tri club SD suits, maybe?, that were pretty garish.) At least your wife knows what to look for. And we all look goofy no matter what.

no freaking way!
ha!

website/blog | Instagram

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I would suppose a Rugby Hooker/Veteran/Triathlete actually isn't in their demo...they have so many things I like...but 3 month waiting period is not gonna cut it for me.

Based upon the abundance of abysmal testimonials on this forum, seems like the 3 month waiting period is least significant of their many problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Ha! I know that guy!

TulkasTri wrote:

I personally liked "Fresh" as a kit and purchased the cycling bib and top...which took 3 or 4 months to get to me.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]

ChrisM wrote:

But damn that is one ugly suit. I think LTP is in many ways trying waaaaaay too hard just to be “cool” and “hip” (hopefully this isn’t as douchey as saying “fuck that’s an ugly tattoo” when someone posts new ink :P)

I'm with you on this. There is no common thread with their designs - some are geometrical (which I like) and some are like a trip on mushrooms (no thanks).

And can someone please explain "#oatmeal" to me? I feel like the next thing I'll see is "#pizza" LOL!

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [chuy] [ In reply to ]

chuy wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Ok. I think it's great that out of shape people get into sport and triathlon, but I'll be blunt, those suits don't look good on that guy at all. I'm not sure he's really doing much for the LTP brand, but I have zero idea of marketing/advertising so who knows.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]

Sean H wrote:
Ha! I know that guy!

Ask him if his ass was in my suit.

TulkasTri wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Ha! I know that guy!

Ask him if his ass was in my suit.

I've just added him as a FB friend, I'll ask him, diplomatically :)

Although he probably has no idea what LTP are up to?

edit:

Last edited by: zedzded: Apr 16, 18 18:08

Latest delays from a 12/28 purchase...I was in no rush so I didn’t care too much about the delay, and knowing the typical delays, I didn’t follow up as quickly as I might have otherwise done. And I paid for my patience with them as we all have.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

So wait...have they gone cheaper with that "no tracking" shipping option? No more custom boxes?

Prev Next