Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri shorts/bike shorts for a tall skinny guy?
Quote | Reply
Any recommended brands of tri-shorts/bike-shorts for a tall skinny guy? I'm 6'0 and 147 lbs, and usually a medium or small in shorts...unfortunately most brands seem to have a super-short inseam in those sizes, so they look ridiculous on me. Help!
Quote Reply
Re: tri shorts/bike shorts for a tall skinny guy? [kittenmittons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zoot has a 9inch short that is super nice...I'm 6'4 and go with a medium and its perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: tri shorts/bike shorts for a tall skinny guy? [kittenmittons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just go 1 piece. Tall and skinny = tramp stamp sunburn no matter what brand you use.

Bibs for training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not embrace the awesomeness of short inseams? Those who don’t tri or cycle think it’s odd not matter how long the shorts are :-) Could always go the Tim Reed route...

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m 6’5” and have a couple pairs of a 2xU Tri shorts that I really like. They’re the longest I have found and help cover up my chicken legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'7", 38" inseam, wear a 2XU onesie in M

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sugoi makes a good "long" top if you're worried about showing skin on the back. I think it's the RPM tank, and it's quite long. I have that paired with a pair of their shorts for this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'6, 178lbs, 34 inseam

I wear LG products, size L bottoms. Comfortable and they fit me well. I'm a M on top. Just ordered the LG Course 1 piece sleeved, size L, I'll come back and note how it fits.

Regards,
J. Smith
Last edited by: jsmith82: Apr 16, 18 9:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6"2, 140lbs and wear a Small pretty much across the board. Most of my shorts have the same (longish) inseam: Assos, Castelli, Champion Systems (that one also comes in a Long, really nice), 2XU. A bike-specific piece of kit I really dig is L'Etape, a Dutch brand that makes some really neat designs.

Maybe your femurs are exceptionally long? I haven't noticed that the Smalls from most Euro brands have a shorter inseam than their Mediums or Larges.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: tri shorts/bike shorts for a tall skinny guy? [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'2 140 lbs?

I am 6'2 196 haha the lowest I have ever been at 6'2 is 173 and people kept telling me to eat. I have also been told I have "tree trunk legs" and a "swimmers back"....hmmmm dang
Quote Reply