Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming with music
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I’m looking for some insight on what you guys and gals use for music while swimming. For long training sessions I get bored and my mind starts to roam. I’d rather be singing in my head than worrying about what’s for supper or did I let the dog out? Lol.
What device is the best?
What earbuds are the best?
Any brands or equipment to stay away from?

Just started researching this today, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quinner
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use this - waterproof iPod with the included ear buds. I also clip it to my hat for runs (when I’m not on the road).

http://www.underwateraudio.com/...KEAQYASABEgLcPvD_BwE
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [nyjetfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the same and love it. Totally burnt out on swimming in my youth, this makes workouts tolerable again. Worth every penny. My set came with a variety of different ear bud portions to try out for a good fit and one of them works great. I clip to the underside of my goggle strap on the back of my head and a cap keeps the earbuds in. Doesn't deliver crystal clear sound all the time, flip turns can change things a bit, and I find myself readjusting the ear pieces between sets, but this is a great thing for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't need a device. I just listen to the voices in my head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:
I’m looking for some insight on what you guys and gals use for music while swimming. For long training sessions I get bored and my mind starts to roam. I’d rather be singing in my head than worrying about what’s for supper or did I let the dog out? Lol.
What device is the best?
What earbuds are the best?

Personally I have used every Finis since the first iteration way back in 2005 (at least when I started using it). Their latest iteration the Finis Duo is the best iteration. There are no earbuds, but it does actually work even better if you wear swim ear plugs. It rests on your cheek and transmits sound thru bone conduction. Works really well all things considered. I always suggest people to use a thick strap swim goggles as this will attach to it. The thinner round swim goggle straps don't work nearly as well.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nyjetfan wrote:
I use this - waterproof iPod with the included ear buds. I also clip it to my hat for runs (when I’m not on the road).

I also use this and love it. I do the same thing with running, as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i use the neptune fenis. For swimming it is great. If you have the ability to load 8g of music on it once, and then never transfer additional songs/podcasts, I would say this is the way to go.

My major issue with the product is the connections between the computer/device get corroded with chlorine (i think). So whenever I want to put new podcasts on the device, I have to soak it in anti-corrosion bathroom cleaner, scrub with a toothbrush, etc. IT IS A HUGE HASSLE. The charging works fine though. So if you are going to load songs on it, and then never care about updating the playlist, this is the way to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and what do the voices in your head tells you?

140triguy wrote:
I don't need a device. I just listen to the voices in my head.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure a guy at my master's program uses that one. Looks cool. Now share your playlist with us. hahaha
Last edited by: TriathlonJoe: Apr 12, 18 6:39
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spartan420 wrote:
nyjetfan wrote:

3rd with this one ^^

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried just about every underwater audio device out there and nothing comes close to the Finis Duo, in my opinion. Although I still miss my college pool that had an underwater sound system.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
I'm pretty sure a guy at my master's program uses that one. Looks cool. Now share your playlist with us. hahaha

It is a bunch of electronica nobody probably likes except for me.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also use the Finis Duo. It really works great and is easy to use. For a while I used headphone options, and they were much more of a hassle. If water broke the seal you couldn't hear anything, which lead me to really trying to get a tight seal. One time I had to have someone remove the rubber earpiece with some tweezers. After that the Duo was the only way to go for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like there are 2 main options. I’ll have to do some research and make my decision. I did come across an interesting article last night. Have any of you heard or read about the Delphin?
Started as a kickstarter campaign but it looks like they’re having trouble getting it to production. If it becomes a reality it looks like it could be the next best thing for underwater audio. But who knows when that could be
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use this
https://h2oaudio.com/...rproof-armband-small
with these
https://h2oaudio.com/...aterproof-headphones
Had them for a couple years with no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Spartan420 wrote:
nyjetfan wrote:

3rd with this one ^^

Same here. I've had finis in the past and while it was great for music, it was not for audio books. Just lost to much to of the audio. I like to listen to audio books so stick with the ipod. a dab of crazy glue on the ear plugs stops them from staying in your ear when you remove. Although usually a cautious removal avoids that as well. But really, its not a big deal to remove if they come off. Done it lots of times, tweasers or needle nose pliars and it a simple process, not really anything to worry about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you listen to podcasts with this set up or just music. I have had issues in the past, the noise of swimming sometimes blocks the audio and I miss some of the conversation. I think music is different as the brain can 'smooth out' the missing notes specially if you had heard the tune before
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with music [cantswim24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cantswim24 wrote:
do you listen to podcasts with this set up or just music. I have had issues in the past, the noise of swimming sometimes blocks the audio and I miss some of the conversation. I think music is different as the brain can 'smooth out' the missing notes specially if you had heard the tune before

I agree with that belief and that is why the finis works well for music. I listen to podcasts as well with my audioflood
Quote Reply